Quick Questions and Answers

Yes.

City A = coast city with harbour on land mass A
City B = coast city with harbour on land mass B
City C = capital (landlocked) on land mass B

Connecting City C and City B (with a road) will create a trade route between City C and City A.

The same goes for non-capital cities. If I have a landlocked City A, which is connected via road to harbour City B, and on another continent I have my capital with a harbour in it, A, and B both have trade routes to the capital.

Works with 4 cities as well: A (road) --> B (harbour) --> (harbour) C (road) --> D
No matter which of the four is your capital, the rest will all have a trade route to it (provided the harbours aren't in lakes, and there is a water route from harbour to harbour).

Exactly the info I was looking for, and even more info that I probably would have been asking eventually. Thank you very much!

Also, does anyone know what all of the pop up lists are comparing? For example, the one for "pointiest sticks" would seem to be military size/strength, but the numbers don't match the # of soldiers demographics numbers. Some of them (can't remember their names) I have no idea what they are supposed to represent.

Exactly the info I was looking for, and even more info that I probably would have been asking eventually. Thank you very much!

Also, does anyone know what all of the pop up lists are comparing? For example, the one for "pointiest sticks" would seem to be military size/strength, but the numbers don't match the # of soldiers demographics numbers. Some of them (can't remember their names) I have no idea what they are supposed to represent.
Shinies equals cash on hand.

Literate is number of techs.

Progressives is number of policies adopted, including unlocking a tree.

Smiles is the current net happiness you have.

Pointiest is some measure of military force.

What are the production effects of the city hex for different terrains? I suppose forests and jungles are automatically cleared, even if you don't have the technology, and you don't get the hammer bonus. Is that right? Do you automatically get at least one hammer on a city, as in other Sid Meier games? Do you automatically get any improvements? (I'd guess not.)

If you mouseover the title, the tooltip says what it is.

am i the only one who think the graphics stink compared to iv or did i load it wrong ?? What's the differrence between directx 9 vs direct 10 or 11 ??

I've read the Civlopedia, tried to search the forum as best I can, but I cannot find how to:

Terminate a pact of cooperation
Terminate a pact of secrecy
See what deals I currently have with other Civ's when a Civ proposes one of these, without terminating the discussion.

On that last one there was a hotkey, F-something I think that allowed you to toggle between the area where you see your deals and the conversation. How do I do that in Civ V?

Thanks for your help.

I've read the Civlopedia, tried to search the forum as best I can, but I cannot find how to:

Terminate a pact of cooperation
Terminate a pact of secrecy
See what deals I currently have with other Civ's when a Civ proposes one of these, without terminating the discussion.

On that last one there was a hotkey, F-something I think that allowed you to toggle between the area where you see your deals and the conversation. How do I do that in Civ V?

Thanks for your help.

Cooperation can be called in "Discuss" and choose something like "We're done working with yout"

No idea on secrecy

You can't see anything outside the conversation when you're talking to another leader.

No one has the exact formula yet, but it's based on the amount of units you have (including workers and great people) and what year/turn it is.

The only thing I was able to figure out by myself is that "every other" unit adds maintenance.

If having even number of units (including workers and great people), disbanding doesn't reduce maintenance, but if having odd number of units, disband decreases maintenance cost.

So... disband in pairs if needed.

Cooperation can be called in "Discuss" and choose something like "We're done working with yout"

No idea on secrecy

You can't see anything outside the conversation when you're talking to another leader.

Hmmn, strange, I didn't see anything like that. I'll check again, thanks.

Horrible that they got rid of the toggle . . . were they just asleep at the wheel?

sorry if this has been asked, but how do you disable the advisers constant popups?

Does anyone know what the thinking was in doing away with tech trading? This game is based on the way the actual world works. In real life civilizations trade technologies all the time. Now we have to research the entire tech tree. It doesn't seem reasonable to me. Tech trading was always the best use of diplomacy as far as I was concerned. Did the developers think tech trading made the game unbalanced in some way?

sorry if this has been asked, but how do you disable the advisers constant popups?

There's an option for that in preferences or options or whatever.

Does anyone know what the thinking was in doing away with tech trading? This game is based on the way the actual world works. In real life civilizations trade technologies all the time. Now we have to research the entire tech tree. It doesn't seem reasonable to me. Tech trading was always the best use of diplomacy as far as I was concerned. Did the developers think tech trading made the game unbalanced in some way?

That's not a quick question. I suggest you use the search function, find a thread discussing this topic and post there.

what is the better start? +2 food from the grassland or switching to 1 food 1 production for faster scout/worker but slower growth?

The bottom option is "Offer to Protect" or something like that.

That's what I thought, but I'm not seeing it. I have all medieval and three renaissance techs; I should be sing it by now, right? This is for a city-state I'm already allied with.

Top Bottom