Welcome New Members

Hi Folks,

Stopped playing Civ3 about half a year after I got it. A few weeks back I decided to go out and buy Civ 4 and i'm glad I did! Since then I've discovered this great web site and have been really impressed by the GOTM idea.

I've been playing a series of games as the Romans on ever increasing difficulty. At the moment I'm on a Warlord game doing okay. Next I can't wait to have a go at this month's very first Civ4 GOTM.

Boppy :)

Hi All.
I started playing civ2 many years ago after inheriting it off my younger brother. At first I couldnt understand how he spend all day staring at little icons on a map... He showed me he basics and I that was that that.... I assumed control over the home pc and soon was properly addicted. I moved away for a few years and went travelling, I have now settled and have my own computor. I was looking for games when i saw civ4 about to be released. Memories of conquest and destruction came flooding back and I preordered staright away. I had a couple of issues at first(dark terrain/chesire heads) and came to this site for advice...
Needless to say the major problems are solved!! Thanks CF!!!!

Just thought to say hi before making my first real post. I started to play the original Civ way back in 1995 and never stopped doing so. I have been hanging around on CifFanatics for a long time, but never got to posting on the forum before.

So here we go:)

Just joined this group a couple of days ago, though I have been reading for some time. I began playing the CIV series in college when CIV 2 came out and I have been addicted ever since. My wife is always berrating me about how much time I spend on this game, but all I can say "just one more turn...":D

I guess I must yield to the pressure...

I've known about Civ since the beginning, though only began playing recently. A brief stay with Civers this summer hooked me in. Got Civ III complete only to find out a month or so later that Civ IV was on the way. <sigh>

As for here... well... suffice it to say the Vid Card problems brought me here. Loaded the program the day after Thanksgiving and it was a no go... looked all over for a fix and landed in the forums here. Scowered the right forum and nothing... only in the morning, when I went to the main page here that I found the patch. <SIGH>

Now that I'm here... I love the place.

Don't let the title fool you. That is how I feel about Civ 4. I have been playing Civilization since the Dos version hit the stands. This one my comments are: Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy. This one is blowing me away.
I missed Civ 3 because both packages I bought have a bug that uninstalls when I open the game the second time. No patch I got could fix it. So I have two dud games in my cupboard.
Nice touch having Sid guide you through the tutorial. We need a second tutorial to guide old simmers through the vast controls and new everythings in the game. Luckily some of the controls stayed the same.
Oh I only have the game for 5 days now. You'll hear from m,e more often. I only joined the forums now.
The graphics is great. This one is really going to be addictive I can see.
About me. I am in Electronics and in Two Way radio communications on the technical side. I play: Civilization (even the Dos one). Simcity (from Dos to 3000 unlimited). Trainz 2004 and 2006. Microsoft Train Sim. Pharaoh, Anno 1602 and Railroad tycoon (from Dos to number 3). In between I manage some model railroading
I live in Pretoria South Africa and is umarried. (figures::D )
Much later and HI to all.

I don't feel lonely anymore. Thres another South African playing. Hello Iceman Shooter. Not many people down South playing decent games.
By yhe way I'm 49. If you read my post a bit earlier.

Wow, I've been here for a week and managed to completely miss seeing this thread. GG ADHD :crazyeye:

Anyways...I've always been a fan of turn-based strategy, with my favorites being X-Com, Massive Assault, and now Civ4. I'm sure this game will stay entertaining for quite some time to come :D

I am a new member, first found out about civ a few months ago. Now wishing I had a computer capable of handling Civ4.

I survive by reading the posts of Sulla and Sirian.

Right now I am feeling an irresistible urge to try out all these great smilies!

:coffee: :whipped: :ar15: :dance: :sniper: :wavey: :band: :thanx: :whipped: :hammer:

Hi all

Joined a couple days ago, I think.
Been playing since the days when Civ I came out and have had at least one of them installed ever since.
I'm from Victoria, Australia.

Hi! Just wanted to say hello finally after app. month of just ´getting into this stuff´:) And think the time has come for to say Thanks to all of you whose articles helped much to become even more civfanatic :)
Cheers'

I first stumbled across CivFanatics in 2001, looking for some help modding Civ II if I recall. Like you ainwood, I saw there was Civ III coming and have kept coming back since (even more so for Civ IV).

However, whilst you have been accumulating 14,000 odd posts I have posted nothing ... until now.

Forum reminder said:
Hello Flinx,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our forums before! Why not make your first post by saying hello to our community in the New Member Introductions thread and become an active member of CivFanatics forums today?
True words.
Hello Civ community.

been playing civ since civ 1 on amiga. Been a fan since and 4 is all I need for a long time I think! I read the strategy forums with great interest but somehow I'm no where" near as some of those guys :cry:
But it doesn't matter I love every hour, day, week spent before the screen:crazyeye:

Hye there;

Since I discovered Civilization 1 (it was the first game that i actually bought), i've been a really addicted player, however I skipped nr. 2.

In the late nineties i was a freelance reviewer for a game-site, where i got a free reviewer-copy of civilization 3. Since then, I never seem to get tired playing the civ-series.

Now Civilization 4 has come, I am getting some performance problems with my somewhat older system, so an upgrade of my PC is pushing through. However it'll have to wait because my budget has some other priorities for now.

Hello all!

Glad to be here. I think I've played all of the Civ games over the years and have been playing Civ IV for about a month now. I'm really learning a lot more reading the forum and lurking in the SG thread :)

Looking forward to joining a SG soon!

Hi
I'm a newbie to turn-based games & the Civ, games but I've always loved Age of Empires, Sims 1 & 2, the Warcraft games et al.
I came looking for desperate help as I lost my 1st random game - after being way ahead for half of it! Thank God for the 'tips' thread & many thanks to all who've posted great help.
Civ4 is certainly addictive & mind-boggling big! So my family had better become more self-sufficient but as 2 sons are ardent battlers in Battlefield 2, another son plays Pro-revolution soccer & the 4th managed to get hold of an XBox 360, we're all going to starve! :crazyeye:

Hi all.

Greetings from Portugal.
I always followed the Path of CIV, and although eager to be part of such a quest, I never had the opportunity, because my PC where still in the Stone Age (windows 1.1 lol). And now, I finally have CIV IV ! ! !
I greet you all, and hope to open my borders to you all.

(Why in the hell a Spanish civ?? Where are the Portuguese???)
:king:

Top Bottom