Caveman 2 Cosmos

@Nocchi, have you tried just waiting longer? For me the program becomes non responsive during that time, as if it crashed, but I just have to wait and it will get through it.

Well yes obviously, the problem lies in the game itself, I can start BTS and C2C but if I try to play the game it'll process all of the information that it usually does, then crash completely when it brings up the info screen before the whole "Your civ details" thing. I can go to the menus and customize everything, I've literally stripped it down to tiny and quick, it still does this.

Yeah the FIRST time you start C2C might take up to 5 minute to start, but if you leave your PC on from then on its less than 30 seconds.

No, it crashes completely, I get the little notification sound that signifies an "error" popup, when I crtl+alt+delete I see the outline of a warning message box, when I click where "okay" would be it treats it just like a regular crash.

No, it crashes completely, I get the little notification sound that signifies an "error" popup, when I crtl+alt+delete I see the outline of a warning message box, when I click where "okay" would be it treats it just like a regular crash.

Then more than likely you got a bad download.

I immediately realised something was wrong with the music, but when I listened carefully...
:lmao:
I'm really looking forward to playing this!

Hello,
I wish to know if in the 16 release the problem about the construction in the cities has been solved.
In the previous version when you built any building in the city after a bit of time it disappeared and show the possibility to build it again in the production list, like you had never built it before.
If not, when do you think to solve this annoying problem ?
Thanks

small error - the poison arrow promotion (the one you get when you stack two units with 'Shock I' gives a huge bonus against hunters. Here's the current code from the CIVPromotionInfos file:

<UnitCombat>
<UnitCombatType>UNITCOMBAT_HUNTER</UnitCombatType>
<bUnitCombat>1</bUnitCombat>
</UnitCombat>

I think it should read something like:

<UnitCombat>
<iUnitCombatMod>25</iUnitCombatMod>
</UnitCombat>

Sounds like some sort of bug in civic switching. Do you have a save game from BEFORE you switched out of slavery? If so can you:

1) Check that making the ame switch from that save yields the same problem
2) If it does post a (max compat format) save of that pre-switch state

@Koshling
sorry for the delay...
1)Yes, it does :(
2) ...here you go!

small error - the poison arrow promotion (the one you get when you stack two units with 'Shock I' gives a huge bonus against hunters. Here's the current code from the CIVPromotionInfos file:

<UnitCombat>
<bUnitCombat>1</bUnitCombat>
</UnitCombat>

I think it should read something like:

<UnitCombat>
</UnitCombat>

Almost correct, and thx.:)

Code:
				<UnitCombatMod>
				</UnitCombatMod>

@Koshling
sorry for the delay...
1)Yes, it does :(
2) ...here you go!

The latest DLL seems to have fixed the food issue, thouh some mysteries remain about how large negative modifiers were arising. However - definately fixes this save game.

In regard to the negative maintenance from number of cities, I'm looking into that now, and I'll keep you posted...

Edit - the dispalyed num cities maintenance is not calculated at all - it's just the differnce between the total of other sources of maintenance and what it believes the total is. I believe the total is incorrect, and since its updated incrementally each turn (NEVER recalculated from scratch) any errors will just accumulate. I haven't pinned down the sources of error yet, but I strongly suspect things like cities changing hands or being destroyed leave their maintenance costs behind in the player's total.

Okay I finally got to SEE the error, here it is.

"Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings."

I actually tried reducing the graphics settings but that didn't help, my computer is pretty recent and up to date with graphics cards (at least that I know of). I can run Shogun 2 smoothly on high so if it actually is too graphic intensive then holy @$%!.

Okay I finally got to SEE the error, here it is.

"Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings."

I actually tried reducing the graphics settings but that didn't help, my computer is pretty recent and up to date with graphics cards (at least that I know of). I can run Shogun 2 smoothly on high so if it actually is too graphic intensive then holy @$%!.

Are you playing windowed or full screen? Does trying the opposite make any difference? Have you tried lowering the resolution you have Civ set to use (and going Windowed with that since it'll presumably be less tha your native full screen res)

I have officially tried everything, the smallest map, lowest settings, windowed, and not a single other program open after a system restart, after all of that I managed to get up to Livestock domestication then it "failed to allocate memory" again.

I have officially tried everything, the smallest map, lowest settings, windowed, and not a single other program open after a system restart, after all of that I managed to get up to Livestock domestication then it "failed to allocate memory" again.

Have you tried the advanced memory option of setting priority to programs rather than system?

I'm not sure how to do that, if I do I suspect it will still run out of memory, considering the possibility that I won't how is this wizardry performed?

I'm not sure how to do that, if I do I suspect it will still run out of memory, considering the possibility that I won't how is this wizardry performed?

On 32bit XP it is in the Control Panel, select System, select Advanced, select Performance Settings. In the resulting dialog select the Advanced tab and set both "Processor Scheduling" and "Memory usage" to programs.

@Nocchi

Adding to what DH is saying, Also Do Not "Let Windows control..." your memory. Use Best performance or Custom.

Also if you have 2GB of ram or more set paging file size to at Least 2048MB. More if you have more ram than 2GB (ie. if you have 3GB of Ram use 3072MB).

This is Really essential for Win XP 32bit OS.

JosEPh :)

I am really pleased with this addition (soon to be released) version of C2C.

1. The new buttons for the Animals, nice, only one i dont like is the Elephant, if i wasn't for the tusks, won't be able to see what it actually is?
2. The new spawning system for the Neanderthals, nice. (Should make most happy)
3. The new spawning of the Animals, really nice touch. (I like this alot)
4. The new Civics added are a much needed touch.
5. The added new buildings and "Crime Wave", nice touch.
6. Alternate Timelines, nice touch, (best is if you dont like it you can take it out of the game).
7. Adding of the Balloons, way different Warfare now, better be on your toes.
8. New terrain features, makes for a way better looking and realistic map.
9. One of the best (if not the best) SDK Programmer in Civ IV today. Thx so much.
10. A new Professional Audio person will be joining the group also.
11. And to those just adding alittle at a time, THANKS so much.

Just a little something to "wet" everyone's appetite!

I cant list everything right now, but just thought i'd put this out there for now, and thx to everyone for trying the Great Mod :goodjob:

Top Bottom