Refusing the King

Before I discovered Snoppy & Dale's « Patch Mod » (version 1.06), I didn't care much to play -- after reading a lot of forum critics, since the release.

Yesterday, I started a game (with PM 1.06). At the very beginning, after founding my first settlement near ruins, I obtained a gold bonus which catapulted my worth to 844 gold. A few turns after, the Dutch King asked for about 50% of that !

No way : I didn't pay. And after reading all the posts on this thread, that's going to be my firm attitude in the future : I'm not going to make any of those outrageous payments.

Anyway, as it was stated, if you buy military stuff from the King, his REF grows even stronger.

With Dales patch mod giving Gold to the King will make REF grow slower (IIRC Dale said teh amount of gold will be subtracted from you accumulated LB for the purpose of REF growth).

I usually have other exciting plans what to do with the gold however...

Actually paying the King his money demands, using my changes will increase the threshold before he adds to the REF at a rate of ~1% per 50 gold. The actual amount of gold to move it 1% is dependant on difficulty level though so keep that in mind. :)

Top Bottom