where = colonization 1 ?

wurrble182

Chieftain
col1 is better than col2 this..
col1 is better than col2 that..

where can peeps like me who've never played it get ahold of it so we can kill time till a patch for col2 comes out? ;)

See if you can pick up a copy of the November issue of PC Gamer. It had the complete game free on a CD as well as DosBox which is needed to run it.

However while Col 2 has its problems it is still a great game and I for one am having a lot of fun with it.

We don't know if that's legal yet, TJJ. Apparently PC Gamer was allowed to distribute it freely, but such rights might be restricted to them only. If I remember correctly, 2K said the original Colonization would be available online soon™.

I sent an email to Elizabeth at 2K Games a few weeks back with the same question, and she wrote:
It will be coming out, just not yet. I'll check on the exact date for you -- I do believe it's in queue, so within a few weeks!
So, based on that, we should see it very soon...it's good to know that it is coming out at some point.

....where can peeps like me who've never played it get ahold of it so we can kill time till a patch for col2 comes out? ;)

If you just can't wait, I would suggest buying Sid Meier's Colonization for Windows on eBay or Amazon. That's what I did to get a game that would run under Windows 98. ColWin also runs under Windows Vista without any problem. Or else get the DOS version and run it using DOSBox.

Otherwise...well let's just say that Google is your friend.

Top Bottom