The S&T Times

but that doesn't matter.... it was about the story not the game... your story could have stopped there.....
It wasn't as if people who would reach a farther point in the game would gain points for that (well at least not from me, maybe guest judges would have done that), it's purely about the story

:agree:
nothing more to say about that.

I finally got mentioned in the S&T Times! Thanks, TD! (Although I still want that full review/interview :D)

One thing though, it's just Eternal Empire, not The Eternal Empire.

I'm happy too - Land of the Tsars was mentioned!:D Also, I would like more REPLIES to my stories.

PS - 400th post!

... so what about updating your everyday civ game... ever thought about that? :p

I feel accomplished that I got mentioned :D

Except that is was for the story I decided to ditch because I had grand plans that coalesced into a new story, the Mars Chronices.

I have been meaning to write an epilog to seal up EOTN, I may end up doing so.

Subscription post and suggestion...

I'm a new member of civfanatics and I got hooked on the S&T section reading Tomorrow's Dawn "Celestial Bueracracy". My addiction to S&T was cemented by following that up by reading "Princes of the Universe". Great stuff.

I'm not sure where to make this suggestion but figured a lot of folks read the S&T Times (this news letter is a great idea) so I thought I'd toss this suggestion out here (please let me know if there's a better place to post this suggestion).

I see a lot of folks posting in stories asking for updates to the story line. As a new member to S&T, its a little disappointing to invest a ton of time into a story line only to find the story was never completed. Is there any way that a thread title can be modified to show that a story has been finished or completed? Maybe the story gets an "FtC" (Finished to Completion) prefix or suffix to indicate that the story has been, well, finished.

It would have the dual purpose of a) not frustrating folks who've invested a bunch of time reading into a great story only to find the story hasn't been completed AND b) it could be a badge of honor, so to speak, for those authors who complete their work (plus, I'm guessing it would drive more folks to read the story since they know its complete).

Anyway, hopefully the community here doesn't mind a suggestion from a newb's point of view. Thanks for listening! :)

Thread names can only be changed by mods and I doubt they'll want to do it... *looks at a mod who might be reading this* It probably will take a lot of time to keep up with al the dying stories and such.

Furthermore, there is already a way to find completed/nearly completed or ongoing stories. You can always check the S&T central, which is a sticky thread at the top of the subforum. Here you can check al this ;)

EDIT: wait I just understand you only mean finished stories... hmmm mods might be willing to do that.. the problem is that stories as PoTU will not receive it but it is still one of the best, if not the best, story here..

also: WELCOME TO CFC and S&T :D [party] hopefully we see more of you ;)

Thread names can only be changed by mods and I doubt they'll want to do it... *looks at a mod who might be reading this* It probably will take a lot of time to keep up with al the dying stories and such.

Furthermore, there is already a way to find completed/nearly completed or ongoing stories. You can always check the S&T central, which is a sticky thread at the top of the subforum. Here you can check al this ;)

EDIT: wait I just understand you only mean finished stories... hmmm mods might be willing to do that.. the problem is that stories as PoTU will not receive it but it is still one of the best, if not the best, story here..

also: WELCOME TO CFC and S&T :D [party] hopefully we see more of you ;)

The thing is that quite a lot of people out there want to read a complete story, and like practically every form of literature on the internet, that is rather hard to find.

Also, Welcome to CFC, Ken Rahaim!

Well, I agree to his point. I also find it annoying to read a great story and I find it incompleted.. The thing is we have to get some Mods on board... *looks again to a mod who might be reading this*

and at this point we DO have a way to find completed stories... the Central...

Thanks Mayor, much appreciated. I figured my idea probably wasn't unique. Just needed to figure out where to look. Again, thanks.

we're her to help ;p for the record. I do like your idea

Top Bottom