Small "Sub-Mod" of Religion and Revolution

One more (non) issue that I find is that when you ask the King for protection, he includes surgeon along with regiment of foot\musketeers\cannon regiments. Personally, I would not include surgeon in this list since you wouldn't ask for protection unless you're low on troops and "surgeon" is more an auxiliary unit rather than a troop. So, just a suggestion and it is fine as it is.

One more (non) issue that I find is that when you ask the King for protection, he includes surgeon along with regiment of foot\musketeers\cannon regiments. Personally, I would not include surgeon in this list since you wouldn't ask for protection unless you're low on troops and "surgeon" is more an auxiliary unit rather than a troop. So, just a suggestion and it is fine as it is.

You are right, but I don't know where or how to change that....

By the way: New Version for 1.9 will be out on short notice.

You are right, but I don't know where or how to change that....

I think you should change the Surgeon's property in Civ4UnitInfos.xml
from <Combat>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</Combat> to <Combat>NONE</Combat> since surgeon's aren't supposed to "fight". I haven't tested if it would remove that from the king's support queue, but I think it will ;)

If I do that, the unit will no longer be able to use the promotions "surgeon I - III....that's the reason why I did not Change that entry!

I think that sizes of surgeon and line infantry images in the European port are candidates to be revised ;)

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Surgeon Line Infantry0000.jpg
    Surgeon Line Infantry0000.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 768
Lol, this one of spanish line-infantry is from the vanilla game (just the color has been changed).

But you are correct with the surgeon.

I haven't it tested yet, but isn't the line infantry put too much in the background, too?

As I said, I use a Vanilla graphic (by the way, it is a graphic of the main-mod, not the sub-mod). Maybe you are correct. Hm...I will check this.

Just a little thing I noticed, you forgot to rename road types so there are still railroads...

You are correct, the English names of the roads have not been changed into "plastered country roads" in the current version.

Please find attached the corrected file and put it into the following folder:

\Religion_and_Revolution\Assets\XML\Text

Attachments

• CIV4GameText_RaR_Release1.rar
    76.8 KB · Views: 184
Hi Folks,

there exists a Problem with the line infantry of Sweden and England.

Due to the fact that we will publish our new version of RaR on short notice, I will not correct my current version.

However, you can correct it by yourself in the ...\Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.XML. The entries must look like that:

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_REGIMENT_OF_FOOT_ENGLAND</Type>
<Button>,Art/colonization_atlas_customize.dds,6,7</Button>
<FullLengthIcon>,Art/Interface/Screens/City_Management/england_artstyle_regiment_of_foot.dds</FullLengthIcon>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Art/Units/england/england_regiment_of_foot/veteran_musketman.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/veteran_musketman/veteran_musketman.kfm</KFM>

<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_REGIMENT_OF_FOOT_SWEDISH</Type>
<Button>,Art/colonization_atlas_military.dds,2,7</Button>
<FullLengthIcon>,Art/Interface/Screens/City_Management/sweden_artstyle_royal_musketman.dds</FullLengthIcon>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Art/Units/sweden/sweden_royal_musketman/Imperial_Musketman.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Imperial_Musketman/Imperial_Musketman.kfm</KFM>

<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

In the initial posting, the link is called " ... version 2.0".

This might be confusing as it actually should be for version 2.1, no?

Due to the fact that all changes of this little mod-mod have been implemented in the main mod, I will no longer publish this mod-mod in future / when a new version of the main mod will be published.

Due to the fact that all changes of this little mod-mod have been implemented in the main mod, I will no longer publish this mod-mod in future / when a new version of the main mod will be published.
no more trains in the next main version? I like your waggons and plastered road (also the trains and rails are nicely made, waggons fit more for the earlier time periods imho)

Top Bottom