Small "Sub-Mod" of Religion and Revolution

Hey Schmiddie,

The button for Port Royal is missing in your submod. I've looked into it, and found it is because the code for it in CvMainInterface.py is missing.

This is the line of code in the base mod. You can fix it if you add this at line 719:

Code:
		#RaR, ray, Port Royal
		screen.setImageButton("PortRoyalScreenButton", ArtFileMgr.getInterfaceArtInfo("INTERFACE_PORT_ROYAL").getPath(), iBtnX, (TOP_CENTER_HUD_HEIGHT - self.ADVISOR_BUTTON_SIZE) / 2, self.ADVISOR_BUTTON_SIZE, self.ADVISOR_BUTTON_SIZE, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_ACTION, gc.getControlInfo(ControlTypes.CONTROL_PORT_ROYAL_SCREEN).getActionInfoIndex(), -1 )
		screen.setImageShape("PortRoyalScreenButton", ImageShapes.IMAGE_SHAPE_ELLIPSE, -1)
		screen.setHitMargins("PortRoyalScreenButton", self.ADVISOR_BUTTON_SIZE / 6, self.ADVISOR_BUTTON_SIZE / 6)
		self.appendtoHideState(screen, "PortRoyalScreenButton", HIDE_TYPE_MAP, HIDE_LEVEL_HIDE)
		iBtnX += self.ADVISOR_BUTTON_SPACING
		#RaR, ray, Port Royal END

The button for Port Royal is missing in your submod. I've looked into it, and found it is because the code for it in CvMainInterface.py is missing.
I'm not really sure how Port Royal works in this submod, it might even be deliberately removed? :dunno: Even after adding this, I can see the screen but have no idea where it is. (I'm guessing it's a city you search for in the map)
Also the screen doesn't have any buy buttons even though colopedia says you can get pirate frigates and smuggling ships there. :confused:

I'm not really sure how Port Royal works in this submod, it might even be deliberately removed?

It should probably work just the same as in the main mod (Release 1.8).

The missing button in Main Interface is most likely simply a mistake / bug in the Submod.
(It would not make sense to only remove that button but leave the complete rest of the feature as it is.)

Also the screen doesn't have any buy buttons even though colopedia says you can get pirate frigates and smuggling ships there. :confused:

You can buy units in Port Royal.
But button for buying only gets visible once you have a ship there.

Also, only ships with "Hidden Nationality" can sail to Port Royal.
(Pirate Fregates, Smuggling Ships, Privateers.)

Otherwise it has fixed taxes (actually "bribing"), does not have boycotts on goods and is still available during War of Idependence.

Please read here.
(Everything I implemented is explained.)

Don't know. I have never tried how it works if military units are healing while moving...so I don't know how you can test it with the surgeon.

I mean that if you have a group of damaged units and a surgeon, and they're moving, the damaged units should automatically slowly recover health.(or atleast that's what i thought the feature meant). No probs if that hasn't been implemented. The surgeon does his thing when an 'explicit' heal command is given.

I mean that if you have a group of damaged units and a surgeon, and they're moving, the damaged units should automatically slowly recover health.(or atleast that's what i thought the feature meant). No probs if that hasn't been implemented. The surgeon does his thing when an 'explicit' heal command is given.

AFAIK, "healing while moving" only works for the respective unit, not for the stack. This is standard behaviour.

I quite like some of your changes. Do you know if this mod is compatible with Commander Bello's modmod found here?- http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=515560

If I install your mod along with his, do you think there would be any issue?
Unfortunately, at the moment it is not compatible. But Schmiddie already generously gave permission to include his modmod into mine :goodjob:, which will be one of my next actions.

Expect it for one of the next days. :)

Hi Schmiddie, I think the last release is missing the "name" of the surgeon which was working before. It shows "TXT_KEY_UNIT_SURGEON". I added the following fix in CIV4GameText_Colonization_Objects.xml. (i've just used english names for all lang.)
Spoiler :
Code:
        <TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_SURGEON</Tag>
		<English>
			Surgeon:Surgeons
		</English>
		<French>
		</French>
		<German>
		</German>
		<Italian>
		</Italian>
		<Spanish>
		</Spanish>
	</TEXT>
EDIT: I see you've added the name but it's in the wrong xml. (CIV4GameText_RaR_Release1.xml). Must have been a copy-paste error. :)
Spoiler :
Code:
<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_SURGEON</Tag>
		<English>
			<Text>Surgeon:Surgeons</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0:1</Plural>
		</English>
		<French>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
		</French>
		<German>
			<Text>Wundarzt:Wundärzte</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
		</German>
		<Italian>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
		</Italian>
		<Spanish>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
		</Spanish>
	</TEXT>

EDIT: I see you've added the name but it's in the wrong xml. (CIV4GameText_RaR_Release1.xml).

The game does not care at all in which XML (for Texts) you put such TXT_KEYs.

The game does not care at all in which XML (for Texts) you put such TXT_KEYs.

Strange, I could have shown you a screenshot. (the name was wrong in both the main map as well as europe screen) but if it works OK for you guys...:thumbsup:
(maybe it only occurs when u overwrite schmiddie's old release with the latest one or it was some cache issue :dunno:)

but if it works OK for you guys...:thumbsup:

I do not test or play Schmiddie's Edition (or other modmods).

I just gave a technical comment because you were referring to a "wrong XML".

Top Bottom