Guess the New Civs

The main reason why Austria is included is the Habsburg dynasty. They are very important because they ruled an Empire which included Austria, Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, Hungary, Bohemia, Spanish America, Portugal and many more. I can't think of any other dynasty that ruled over a bigger Empire, which they attained peacefully through marriage.

Spoiler :

Bohemia is a decent regional candidate too, better than Austria I'd say. Just my humble opinion of course.

I just realized something, this is the first time in Civ 5 (correct me if I am wrong) that two leaders in the game personally knew each other, Maria Theresa and Catherine the Great

Washington knew of Napoleon, although they never met personally. That was the closest before this point.

Since they *still* haven't announced the last civilization, I would expect it to be a surprising one. I can't imagine they would save the Zulu as the last civ to be announced considering they have been in every game before. I imagine it will be a less expected one. I think they'll come up with an unexpected one, most likely another one that has never been in the game before.

While I am a fan of the Zulu, I would be fine with their exclusion as long as they are replaced with another African civilization (not counting Ethiopia). Preferably somewhere in central or south Africa.

My prediction for the final civilization would be either the Kongo or the Mutapa. I would be happy with either of them, I just hope they don't continue to neglect Africa.

that demo was AWESOME NOW I think I can never sleep again due to excitment. awesome oh and geneva religious now and there is milan and colombo

Aparrently the Huns will be considered asian, and Ethiopia is in so, Im hoping the remaining civ is either Sioux or Brasil. Both North and South America are almost empty.

My prediction for the final civilization would be either the Kongo or the Mutapa. I would be happy with either of them, I just hope they don't continue to neglect Africa.

Either of those sound interesting. I think the Zulu will be a DLC civ though. The last civ may be Sumer, but my choice would be Tibet. Something new and different and they would fit the religious theme.

The main reason why Austria is included is the Habsburg dynasty. They are very important because they ruled an Empire which included Austria, Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, Hungary, Bohemia, Spanish America, Portugal and many more. I can't think of any other dynasty that ruled over a bigger Empire, which they attained peacefully through marriage.

Spoiler :

And not to mention, the whole bit where the initial fall-out from the break-up of their family was the deadliest war in history? I think that, whether that really counts as a great accomplishment or not, it certainly cements their importance on the stage of history.

This is a game about civilizations, not dynasties. You're implying that the great merit of Austria was to be ruled by a family that was particularly good about arranging marriages. That's taking credit for the achievements of other civilizations, and it's diminishing for the austrians at the same time. Austria should be judged for it's own merit as a civilization, not for the merit of its ruling family.

I don't care what civs we have all civs are good every civilization has something unique about them which makes all civilizations worthy to be in this great game. Even the most boringest or least known civs deserve to be in.

What we should consider is whether the last civ will fit with one of the scenarios or not.

Celts/Carthage/Huns = Rome Scenario

Netherlands/Austria/Byzantines = Medieval/Renaissance Scenario

Mayans/Ethiopia = Unrelated to Scenarios but represent non-Western cultures.

So my guess is the final will represent a non-western culture, probably Asia as Africa and the Americas are already represented.

My guess is an early Indian civilization.

Mauryans with Asoka as leader because it fits with the religion theme and also represents an early, before common era, civilization.

A surprise Steampunk addition: Gran Colombia. Always a possibility and could fit in too.

Whatever this unnamed civ is, they've gone to some length to conceal it.

Was going to suggest Poland for a Renaissance scenario, but it would be crazy not to make that a dlc and make money from all those patriotic Polish people. Zulu are a popular one too, but again better in dlc to squeeze more money out of Civ 4-induced fan enthusiasm. Must be a civ that would add interest and enthusiasm to the game, but not throw away lucrative money by being too popular.

A surprise Steampunk addition: Gran Colombia. Always a possibility and could fit in too.

Either Brasil of Gran Colombia (even if they just call it Colombia) would make my day, south America is deserted, and needs some love.

Despite wanting to have the Sioux...I guess they have potential for a DLC scenario later on.

Either Brasil of Gran Colombia (even if they just call it Colombia) would make my day, south America is deserted, and needs some love.

Despite wanting to have the Sioux...I guess they have potential for a DLC scenario later on.

I can see Gran Colombia fitting, with the new units added

Pangur Bán;11401224 said:
Whatever this unnamed civ is, they've gone to some length to conceal it.

Was going to suggest Poland for a Renaissance scenario, but it would be crazy not to make that a dlc and make money from all those patriotic Polish people. Zulu are a popular one too, but again better in dlc to squeeze more money out of Civ 4-induced fan enthusiasm. Must be a civ that would add interest and enthusiasm to the game, but not throw away lucrative money by being too popular.

This is a very astute point, especially with regard to Poland. I'm thinking Hatti or Sumer would be ideal choices, but they may just try to surprise us with something totally unexpected.

Top Bottom