I'm back (not that you care)

Everkane

Valar Morghulis
Aloha,

I'm back after 3 years away.

Is there anyone of the old times still here? I remember a few names... Spoonwood, IPwn, Kulko, Apollo12, timerover (a salty old guy), Theov... among other people.

My HoF thread is still there! Cool! And the 5th place on Diplo standard emperor is still mine!

So, anyone?

:)

Welcome back!
Yeah, I made a mod in the meantime. Whoop.

For the rest, loads of units added, scenarios, ideas.
Some interesting faces have arrived also. It's not as alive as a few years back, but no one cares. It's still going strong.

Cheers!

I remember you, welcome back! It's always nice to see a familiar name reappear after an absence.

I've been doing pretty much the same things with Civilization, but have also broadened my gaming library a lot in the past few years. But even I took some time off from CFC this summer. You've chosen a good time to come back though - no better time to increase Civ playing than when winter is coming!

Nice! Thanks for the replies!
It seems like the forum has changed as well.
I'm about to start a game to play a few turns per day, Civ 3 is one the best games ever.
Theov, your mod seems pretty cool. Quintillus, I remember you too. So yes, let's see what I can do, I'm probably gonna take some terrible civ (at least for the win condition I want) and see what happens.

Aloha,

I'm back after 3 years away.

Is there anyone of the old times still here? I remember a few names... Spoonwood, IPwn, Kulko, Apollo12, timerover (a salty old guy), Theov... among other people.

My HoF thread is still there! Cool! And the 5th place on Diplo standard emperor is still mine!

So, anyone?

Thank you for the kind words.

Welcome back :) I don't really remember your username, though :o (with 188 posts i suppose you weren't in the creation&customization forum so that makes sense :D)

Yeah, I was a "Hall of Fame" player, although I should say "hall of fame learner" =D
So basically I was into Strategies, Hall of Fame and general Discussion.

Thank you for the kind words.

"I take great pleasure in nuking Japan, and razing Japanese cities." - timerover

I am from japanese heritage so it's hard to forget something like that, put aside the stupidity. After that for sure I remember some horror show you did about south american civilizations and made the forum a hell of a place to stay away, so let's just... not talk about that.
Nice to see you here anyway. I hope you have changed.

Next Game: The Zulus are going to Space!
That will be funny =D

Still here as well. Still doing the same things as three years ago, i.e. playing a GOTM every month and one (yes: one!) PBEM game. Unfortunately the PBEM community has pretty much died down in the last three years, too many games got "destroyed" by drop-outs, very slow turn-times and even a cheater. But the one game I'm still playing is a hell of fun, with a gang of 4 reliable PBEM veterans... ;)

Regarding Japan: don't take it too seriously, though, it's only a game after all. Myself for example, I like beating up Bismarck, whenever I get the chance, despite the fact that I'm German myself (and even are of the opinion that Bismarck did some pretty good things in his time, like introducing the three pillars of the German wellfare system: health insurance, unemployment insurance and a state-wide old-age pension insurance -- things that even 140 years later are still in their infancy in the United States... ;) )
On the other hand, I also like playing Bismarck and beating up the rest of the world... :mischief: In my early Civ career I played the Germans a lot, as I thought they had the perfect traits for my playing style back then: scientific for fast research and getting the latest weapons ahead of the others, and militaristic for making good use of them... Only disadvantage was that the Panzer came too late to actually make an impact... (However, whenever Germany comes up in a GOTM, I make a point of playing a peaceful game, i.e. going for a space, UN or cultural victory... :queen: )

Top Bottom