Best Civ in game?

What is the best civ of all time in terms of OPness?

• Babylon

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • Egypt

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • England

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Ethopia

• Inca

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Korea

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Persia

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Pland

Votes: 44 31.0%
  • Arabia

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Aztec

• China

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Greece

• Huns

• Maya

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Russia

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Shoshone

• Spain

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Brazil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Byzantium

• Celts

• Germany

• India

• Indonesia

• Mongolia

• Morocco

• Total voters
Poland is the most OP as we have all agreed I think.

But my pick is Babylon. It is the only civ which has a chance to get Hanging Gardens consistently because of the early academy. From then on it's Tradition turtle/sience spam galore until spaceship time.

This is a tough one, but every time I play as Babylon I feel like I'm playing two or three difficulty levels below what I actually am. That early academy is just amazing, especially in deity when you are usually falling behind significantly in the early game.
You've summed it up nicely. Many of the civs have their unique character which makes them fun to play. All things being equal, the game is heavily weighted to rewarding scientific advancement, and no one quite does this like Babylon.

Poland is the most OP as we have all agreed I think.

But my pick is Babylon. It is the only civ which has a chance to get Hanging Gardens consistently because of the early academy. From then on it's Tradition turtle/sience spam galore until spaceship time.
It's not just about the spaceship. Technology is a key part of all victory types.

Do you want to win by conquest? What better way than to have units that are 1-2 tiers better than your rival?

Do you want to win by culture/tourism? Better get to the key wonders in time.

Do you want a diplomatic victory? You'll need to make your way through the tech tree to unlock the option for UN voting.

...and of course there is the ship to Alpha Centauri. You'll need to research fast and generate a lot of great scientists to rush technological progress.

I voted China, because it is the civ that I am confident i can win with against any AI and on almost all map types (on archipelago I think they will be very bad though). The 50% extra great general generation is really helpful both defensively and offensively. If you are spawned next to a notorious warmonger you can strategically place some citadels and just hold him off until he destroys his army and/or you build a bigger one. With the paper maker you get a little extra gold that can help maintain a bigger army and also give you incentive to prioritize it on cities post NC (so a little extra science too). The UU is great, you will get double XP and can add range in no time. Offensively you will conquer other civs fast, having a ton of great generals AND 30% combat bonus around them, means you can get up to 3-4 armies at the same time very early and can build more offensive citadels to conquer tougher cities. Of course they are stronger on Pangaea but they can also be good on Continents. You can also try other victory conditions (an cultural autocracy can work very well) and if it doesn't work you can always go domination.

About Celts, an early religion on Immortal/Deity is unlikely to solve your happiness issues efficiently in my experience because the happiness based beliefs are usually taken

^ you wouldn't want to underestimate the Ceilidh Hall giving 3 happiness. you'd probably build that in SP if you're looking at a culture victory. It's not just the beliefs from religion.

I don't really see the point of discussing the best civ in terms of raw UA/UU/UB power, since Poland is just oh so OP for any map and any VC. Apart from that Babylon is also extremely OP with the early academy doubling your science from T20.

But personally I think Spain is just game-breaking. That feeling when you hit Dorado or GBR is just priceless.

Poland & Babylon for overall wins.

Arabia & Mongol for pure and fast brutality. (Egypt and Huns may be faster but harder to pull off.) Zulu is another dom-beast but also harder then range-horse-units.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

^ you wouldn't want to underestimate the Ceilidh Hall giving 3 happiness. you'd probably build that in SP if you're looking at a culture victory. It's not just the beliefs from religion.

Ceilidh hall comes way too late to be relevant. When you really care about happiness is the early game.

I voted Mongols. Keshiks uber alles.

Korea and Babylon are always up there as well.

I never had any games that were more fun than the games with Ethiopia.

Why? The Stele can allow me a guaranteed Religion without needing to worry about anything, and I'm usually likely to get Interfaith Dialogue and a plethora of Missionary-based beliefs plus Mandate of Heaven and that one policy that gives +1 Faith from Shrines and Temples in time for me to start churning out a Missionary every 7-4 turns for Science boosts early on so I can start snowballing very early.

Plus, it is as good as Babylon when it comes down to turtling but a lot more fun IMO.

Egypt is pretty nice.
Way back in like 11 maybe 12 then you win rappidly with the same unit (war chariot) that many other said was underpowered, then it really feels special:scan:

Вы забываете Россию, это убийца цивилизация чьи лучшие победа давя всех на своем пути.
Двухместный Утюг / Лошади / Уран является большим, особенно, когда вы получаете дерьмовый источник 2 железа
Крепость / казачий также OP.
I actually can't speak Russian, but yay Google Translate!

Moderator Action: Site rules require that you provide the English translation,even if all you did was plug English text into Goodle translate

Yes sir Mr. Moderator Captain Sir!
Original Text:
You forget Russia, it's a killer civilization whose best victory crushing all in its path.
Double Iron / Horses / Uranium is great, especially when you get a crappy source of iron 2
Krepost / Cossack and OP.

To be fair I do like Russia, but they need some good dirt to stay ahead of the top tier civs. My first Deity spaceship launch was with Catherine however.

Once I got dat uranium the entire world was best buddies with me, apart from Wu Zetian who quietly resented me while peaking from below the blanket.

I believe that Poland is the best on any map but on certain maps if your going domination the Huns seem to win faster. So it depends on the map but overall Poland has to be by far the most OP Civ in the game!

I believe that Poland is the best on any map but on certain maps if your going domination the Huns seem to win faster. So it depends on the map but overall Poland has to be by far the most OP Civ in the game!

I'm pretty sure extra social policies won't help Poland deal with an Enlgish timing attack on Archipelago or with the Mongol Khan/Keshik wave on Pangea. It will give them a better chance to survive than other non specialized war civs but other than that, they are still more likely to get crushed than to survive.

Top Bottom