What is the best "worst" civ in the game?

fallout3dc

Warlord
I want to play on Immortal/Deity and I want a Civ that isn't considered good, but still pretty good. If that made any sense. Thanks.

My favorite low-tier civ to play is America. I like the scouting promotion, and the land buying discounts. I think the Minuteman unit is fun as well.
I guess it doesn't hurt that I'm from the US and I like the border color..

lots of people say iroquois suck but actually i like them
yea you need forest for their worshop, but already 2 forest in range and i feel its better than a normal workshop
i got this game where i had around 6-8 forest per cities, very fun game with insane production early

also you dont build roads on forest, a bit more gold early on, i feel thats pretty good

if you go iroquois i advice you to try to go wide, 4 or 5 cities early, rush workshop and make war in medieval era with your insane production

Carthage plays interestingly and can yield interesting results. A lot of incentive to expand early.

Shoshone could be a good worst civ in the game since ais usually take most of the ruins while you're done building your second pathfinder anyways. I also saw the bottom tier and top tier civilizations and found out that Shoshone wasn't ranked a bottom tier.

They're still good defensively (15% bonus) and are very useful for Liberty with the increased land grab. Even if you only find a few ruins you can be sure you got what you want from them.

I love Germans and Huns... even if considered mid lower tier civs they are both good war mogers.

Huns are extreamly fast due to their very early UUnits. Germans a bit slower but you can still raks tons of fre units if you are a bit lucky. Later, the production that comes from Hanse will definately help you to pop up lots of units and Panzer should help you to coquer the left over opponents.

Im not even close of playing Germans on Immortal or Deity, i now concentrate on top tier cievs, but it was one of my fav (enjoyble) on lower levels.

Sweden is very fun and their colors are easy on the eyes.

I really like the Zulu, although considered lower tier. Their Impi + barracks are great fun. But I only play on Immortal, no idea if they are really that bad on deity.

Just look at the deity tier list - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=505057 - and pick something from the lower-mid or lower tiers.

This is completely off on many civs. Some absolutely horrible civs such as Brazil and France are ranked highly while free win mode civs such as attila and mongolia are not ranked very high.

Russian and Aztec are very strong civs and ranked mediocre.. Inca is probably the best civ in the game once you get to mid game.

Ignore this list completely.

At least they got right the fact that Babylon, Korea and Maya are extremely strong.

This is completely off on many civs. Some absolutely horrible civs such as Brazil and France are ranked highly while free win mode civs such as attila and mongolia are not ranked very high.

Russian and Aztec are very strong civs and ranked mediocre.. Inca is probably the best civ in the game once you get to mid game.

Ignore this list completely.

At least they got right the fact that Babylon, Korea and Maya are extremely strong.

well... both Huns and Mongolia have ^^ aside their name wich means in right conditions they should be ranked 2 tiers up.

I think the reasons why Aztec and Russians are so low is that they are very terrain dependable.

Inca... well they are just behind top 4 civs!!

I agree that Brazil and France were a tier over what I would have expect tho...

Im not saying this list is perfect cause I dont think such a list exist.. but its one of the good one Ive seen... Ive seen one with Songhai ranked 7!! lol

well... both Huns and Mongolia have ^^ aside their name wich means in right conditions they should be ranked 2 tiers up.

I think the reasons why Aztec and Russians are so low is that they are very terrain dependable.

Inca... well they are just behind top 4 civs!!

I agree that Brazil and France were a tier over what I would have expect tho...

Im not saying this list is perfect cause I dont think such a list exist.. but its one of the good one Ive seen... Ive seen one with Songhai ranked 7!! lol

I don't know, it looks really bad to me. After more examination I see that Spain which is an absolute God mode civ if you have the common sense to scout is ranked very low. Spain is so strong it's the most commonly banned civ in all games.

Then you see Venice ranked way up there. Venice is definitely the worst civ in the game by a wide margin unless the map is tailor made for them.

Really, they didn't get a single tier correct except maybe the worst two.

My biggest questions are what in the world are you supposed to do with Brazil and France that is even remotely good? They are basically blank civs at best and Brazil's start bias is horrible. Getting all jungle leaves you dead in the water with no hammers.

Aztec have a similar bias but I have never had starts with them as bad as Brazil. All they need is a river and barbs to farm and boom, amazing civ.

Some absolutely horrible civs such as Brazil and France are ranked highly while free win mode civs such as attila and mongolia are not ranked very high.

I think this statement is showing your bias.

Brazil, Polynesia, and France are the top three culture victory Civs (unless I'm forgetting something). Attila and Mongolia are two of the best domination civs...on Pangaea. Good luck getting a "free win" with Attila/Ghengis on archipelago or another water heavy map.

And if you're not planning on going to war then Attila's advantage is "Start with Animal Husbandry" and "+1 production from pastures." Hardly a free win.

I don't know, it looks really bad to me. After more examination I see that Spain which is an absolute God mode civ if you have the common sense to scout is ranked very low. Spain is so strong it's the most commonly banned civ in all games.

Even if you have the common sense to scout there's no guarantee you'll find any natural wonders, let alone find any first. Spain is banned in multiplayer because it's so luck based.

Then you see Venice ranked way up there. Venice is definitely the worst civ in the game by a wide margin unless the map is tailor made for them.

Venice is a very good Civ on most maps. You're basically a OCC (with all of its advantages) with bonus science/culture from buying a few city states and overflowing with gold from trade routes.

My biggest questions are what in the world are you supposed to do with Brazil and France that is even remotely good? They are basically blank civs at best and Brazil's start bias is horrible. Getting all jungle leaves you dead in the water with no hammers.

Brazil? Double tourism and extra Great Artist/Writer/Musician rate during golden ages? Tile improvement that give culture (and thus more tourism)? That's a pretty big deal for culture.

France can easily get another 4 (Oxford) + 4 (Museum) + 4 (Sistine Chapel) + 6 (Uffuzi) plus anything else (Globe Theater, Louvre, Broadway, Sydney Opera House) tourism and culture in their capital -- which is a minimum of an extra 72 Tourism end game not even counting the four wonders in parentheses. Plus their Chateaus also give culture and thus tourism.

Really, they didn't get a single tier correct except maybe the worst two.

Aztec have a similar bias but I have never had starts with them as bad as Brazil. All they need is a river and barbs to farm and boom, amazing civ.

Venice the woest!? hardly... with their coastal bias they are vey good on every map and awesome some others. And if you pick up the right CS to buy, they can defend very well... not talking about the gold...

Spain is hardly god civ too! Dont get me wrong I love to play them, but if you find your 1st NatW in 1250 AD, wich is not that unusual, ou are F***ed!

That all said, I kind a su*k myself with cultural civs... so I understant that...

I totaly agree with you on Aztek tho... I would have ranked them higher. At least 1 tier...

France is great if you enjoy maximizing your tile output and making use of a mechanic that no other civ gets a bonus for (swapping great works)

Chateaus also look really nice on the map. These are the reasons why I enjoy playing them at least.

I think this statement is showing your bias.

Brazil, Polynesia, and France are the top three culture victory Civs (unless I'm forgetting something). Attila and Mongolia are two of the best domination civs...on Pangaea. Good luck getting a "free win" with Attila/Ghengis on archipelago or another water heavy map.

And if you're not planning on going to war then Attila's advantage is "Start with Animal Husbandry" and "+1 production from pastures." Hardly a free win.

Even if you have the common sense to scout there's no guarantee you'll find any natural wonders, let alone find any first. Spain is banned in multiplayer because it's so luck based.

Venice is a very good Civ on most maps. You're basically a OCC (with all of its advantages) with bonus science/culture from buying a few city states and overflowing with gold from trade routes.

Brazil? Double tourism and extra Great Artist/Writer/Musician rate during golden ages? Tile improvement that give culture (and thus more tourism)? That's a pretty big deal for culture.

France can easily get another 4 (Oxford) + 4 (Museum) + 4 (Sistine Chapel) + 6 (Uffuzi) plus anything else (Globe Theater, Louvre, Broadway, Sydney Opera House) tourism and culture in their capital -- which is a minimum of an extra 72 Tourism end game not even counting the four wonders in parentheses. Plus their Chateaus also give culture and thus tourism.

Nah, the best culture civ, I'd say is Persia with Egypt as a close second. This is not counting civs that have science bonuses, ala Korea, Babylon, and Mayans.

Craigmak, are you by any chance talking about multiplayer? That is a single player Deity tier list if I understand it correctly. Venice is pretty strong in SP.

Top Bottom