Commerce Policy - Extra Movement?

Mudrac

Orc Warchief
Hello, fellow Civfanatics. I haven't posted in a while. But, recently I started playing Civ V a little bit more again. In my current game as Songhai I managed to fill in completely 4 Social Policy Branches: Liberty, Honour, Piety and Commerce.

While moving my Embarked units across the ocean I noticed that they have 5 :c5moves: Movement Points instead of the expected 4? I did notice this as well in one of my past games as Morocco were I also filled in the whole Commerce Social Policy tree, but I thought it was just a small bug. Now I see the same in this game as well?

So since not a single Social Policy nor the Finisher for Commerce mentions that you gain +1 :c5moves: Movement for Embarked Units, it got me a little confused. I also have The Great Lighthouse, but as far as I know that Wonder only gives +1 :c5moves: Movement for Naval Military Units. Or am I missing something here? :confused:

Here's the Screenshot, it has a strange Watermark, but its visible.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 151
The technology Astronomy gives embarked units +1 extra :c5moves:, which you have clearly researched (since pretty much the entire map over open ocean has been revealed).

The technology Astronomy gives embarked units +1 extra :c5moves:, which you have clearly researched (since pretty much the entire map over open ocean has been revealed).

Units start with 2 :c5moves: Movement Points while Embarked, Astronomy gives an additional +1 and Steam Power also additional +1 which leads to a maximum of 4. I am sure that's the case every time.

I remembered the same thing and just tested it by starting game in industrial era - it's Entrepreneurship social policy what gives you +1 movement for embarked units - clearly bug since nothing mention it.

I remembered the same thing and just tested it by starting game in industrial era - it's Entrepreneurship social policy what gives you +1 movement for embarked units - clearly bug since nothing mention it.

So it's Entrepreneurship that does that. That's really odd. Then I suppose this should be reported as a bug. I mean its a useful bug, but still a bug nevertheless.

Ah, so that's why I got 5 movement points for embarked units that one time... Mystery solved.

It makes Commerce slightly more attractive -- on water maps it would help acquiring those hidden antiquity sites since they're often on islands, large and small, and some would no doubt be on the other continent.

Top Bottom