Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

...I have honestly to say, the only threads i read in general discussion are at the moment are the threads i move to somewhere else, because i'm nearly only busy with bug reports, technical problems and C&C, i haven't looked in anything else today...

Let's hope the mods take some time to enjoy some gameplay!!! All work and no play is never a good thing IMHO.

Can I now continually post the exact same thing over and over again in a variety of forms?

e.g. 'this site, i visit for free, is not working. I am so angry/angsty/bored/aggravated/lonely/hating my life so I will complain a lot about this until there is something new to complain about.'
'Site isn't working'
'I hate new people'
You get where I'm going with this.

Why did UGO change its name to 1up?

Not an announcement per se, but TF did say in a thread here that he shut it off to reduce server load.

I really miss the active users feature. It was particularly useful to know if I should bother to wait for a particular response in a thread from someone or just log off for a while. Will it be brought back when the number of people eventually drops when the hype from CiV has died down? If not, could some other sort of feature where it doesn't always show, but if you want to check you can (perhaps with a wait limit, like the search option)?

1) Yes, we'll be bringing it back eventually when the number of active users has gone down some. At the moment, getting the forums to work within a reasonable time-frame has higher priority.

2) Perhaps you can click on the user profile of the poster you wish to check on? It will show you what is his latest forum action (if he hasn't hidden himself that is).

Also green circle at the bottom left of anyone's post (by their avatar). Dunno/forget how "hidden" status affects that but otherwise it still works.

The person maintaining the group can use the 'edit group' function at the bottom of the page (when he's logged onto the group's page), to change it I think...

Question: If somebody edits out a bad word in a post before a mod sees it will they still get infracted?

OK.

If somebody accidentally posts something with swear words but quickly edits them out, will the moderators infract? (I think they can see the original post, before it was edited.) I think I did this a few times without getting in trouble.

Question: If somebody edits out a bad word in a post before a mod sees it will they still get infracted?

The answer is right below the first post I quote :p

Depends on how long after you edit the post, and how many people see or quote the post.

If you do it right after your post, usually no, but if you are unsure about whether a word is appropriate or not, just use the preview post feature or air on the side of caution and just don't use the word or phrase. :)

Edit: ori beat me to it.

Top Bottom