Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Irish Caesar said:
[url=http://civ4.com]Civilization Web Site[/url]

Sometimes, i've noticed, that this doesn't work with longer URLs... or maybe I was just making a mistake with such a long address, but it works for me usually.

Question: I started a thread about my independent country in the off-topic forum. It has now apparently been moved or deleted, as it is no longer there and I have not received a PM why. If it has been moved, where is it and why, and if it is deleted, why?

Tboy said:
Question: I started a thread about my independent country in the off-topic forum. It has now apparently been moved or deleted, as it is no longer there and I have not received a PM why. If it has been moved, where is it and why, and if it is deleted, why?

Did you "search thread title" for it ?
Maybe it is on the second/third/... page.

No, I tried 'thread starter' on it, and my post wasn't there.
I'll try to contact one of the off-topic moderaters.

Tboy said:
No, I tried 'thread starter' on it, and my post wasn't there.
I'll try to contact one of the off-topic moderaters.

I had a look into what threads have you made, and it wasn't in there. So, it was probably deleted. And for a good reason i can bet, moderators don't delete threads just because they can. Your thread was in some way in violation of forum rules.

BTW, where can I find the forum rules? It might tell me why it was deleted.

Drat, I think its because I posted a link to my site... though I hardly really think that counts as spam...

Forum Rules said:
Advertising and solicitations are NOT permitted.
Posting of advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this forum. You are ONLY permitted to advertise your site in your signature or in the "Other Civ-Related Sites" forum if it's a Civ site. The exception to this rule is to inform others of sites that provide a service to benefit them. For example, posting a thread regarding a new free web space provider is acceptable providing there's nothing in it for you except the satisfaction of helping your fellow members.

Forum rules...

Ginger_Ale said:
Here are the forum rules, which should've been one of the first things you ever read on CFC when you registered...

The only reason I've ever read the forum rules was because I was bored, and I wanted to see how well worded they were...turns out...the rules were well written, clear, to the point, and not overally confusing. :goodjob:

Top Bottom