New NESes, ideas, development, etc

It should probably look something like this:

The Mortal Engines wiki, via Google Images - I searched 'mortal engines map'.

Currently, as an idea for the Mortal Engines NES, you're engines and your fuel storage would play an important role, as you would need either coal, oil, or natural gas for combustion engines, plutonium or uranium, or other fissionable materials for nuclear reactors (would have to experiment with lots of Old Tech first though), as well as biomass and biowaste to be converted into fuel (but they are not as efficient as other fuels). Debating on solar panels/solar cells for fuel, as I'm wondering if they would be needed via Old Tech tinkering, or could be created via other ways. For seaborne ships (a la Brighton and such), I'm assuming that they would run like ships with propellers and use some sort of drives to keep them going, so need to figure that out. Electricity would also be needed for weapons aboard the cities and such, but I'm working on refining that and the idea of food aboard cities at the moment, and how people could expand it. Any ideas so far on stuff?

About my NES, and magic.

A previous suggestion mentioned about it was to have magicians have two magical abilities.

I had just now an idea about it.

Magicians would have a major ability and a minor ability. For example, someone could be a Mystic/Technomancer: the Mystic part would be able to create spells, and then imbue those spells in technology. Imagine a rifle that fires bullets charged with magical electricity?

That sounds like as good a way to handle it as any.

Aha! My first contribution on the NES development thread!

And could someone explain what Mortal Engines is about?

As well as the cities.

[/badinjokepun]

Tycho: I feel size and population should also be tracked.

Of course, as well as food stores as well. Currently tinkering with what to do on that end, but needless to say the more technologically advanced stuff will require experimentation with Old Tech or reverse engineering it or acquiring stuff from expeditions.

One question - are airships also to be playable, or just part of the game engine?

Airships and sea going cities (a la Brighton), are still able to be used, though for airships you need to shed a lot of weight and find something to keep you aloft long enough to trade with other cities and such for more goods. You might be able to reverse engineer some large scale VTOL Old Tech for the purposes of keeping your city up in the air, though similar to things like Medusa and other works, you'd need a lot of tech to reverse engineer, and a lot of research and trial and error. Though yes, something like Airhaven is possible for someone to play as (even if you have to make routine stops for fuel like a blimp or a zeppelin), and would be a lot more trade oriented.

I feel those "Special" Cities should be EXTREMELY limited, to be honest... As they kind of break the game, I think.

Yeah, what I had in mind were Jenny Hanniver style airships. Airhaven would be interesting to try, though.

Oh yes, airships like those can be utilized by the cities on the move as well.

thomas.berubeg said:
I feel those "Special" Cities should be EXTREMELY limited, to be honest... As they kind of break the game, I think.

My intent is to prevent too many special cities from springing up, but your cities can be customized any way you want, as well as the suburbs that you can build and manufacture. I don't intend for every city to be utilizing superweapons and the sort to blast apart the countryside, at least not for quite some time, and even then you are taking your own life into your hands as it would entail becoming a large target for Anti-Tractionists and other Traction Cities that might be interested in... acquiring the technology for other purposes.

Arrow Gamer said:
The ME NES looks awesome. Are you for sure going to run it? If you are, when will it begin?

Depending on how the ruleset goes and is worked out, it might be in a week or two, or perhaps a month or two from now (10-60 days or so). All depends, though I'll have some sample stats perhaps and some explanation as to what they entail up tonight quite possibly.

Top Bottom