question regarding SDI editing

fuad

Warlord
hi there , was trying to find the SDI in the xml files to be able to edit it .. example make it available with future tech instead of it's availablty with satelite tech.

i looked everywhere in the xml files ( buildings.xml etcccc...)and couldn't find it does anyone know where it is located which folder and which file in the xml section ?

and if yes which line or section should be edited ?

am a newbie regarding editing issues in civ 4 .... so any help would be greatly appreciated thx in advance.

fuad said:
hi there , was trying to find the SDI in the xml files to be able to edit it .. example make it available with future tech instead of it's availablty with satelite tech.

i looked everywhere in the xml files ( buildings.xml etcccc...)and couldn't find it does anyone know where it is located which folder and which file in the xml section ?

and if yes which line or section should be edited ?

am a newbie regarding editing issues in civ 4 .... so any help would be greatly appreciated thx in advance.

Try in technologies folder civ4techinfos.xml

Edit no don't is not in there found satallites in there tho lol

thx ..... :) ...... it seems that we can't edit the SDI for the moment , i searched all the xml files and found no SDI in any of the files , but like u said satellites is in there lol

why the hell does it ignore XML?

thx surt but could u please tell me where i would find the projectinfo.xml file i would assume in the xml folder ? right? should i search for it manually too?

fuad said:
thx surt but could u please tell me where i would find the projectinfo.xml file i would assume in the xml folder ? right? should i search for it manually too?

its in the program file with the game, copy it to custom assets before you edit it but yes its in xml under gameinfo ;)

Lord Olleus said:
why the hell does it ignore XML?

Because in an attempt to make their searches faster, they wanted to rule out uninteresting file types. There's a way to turn off this behavior by going into the search indexer and flipping some option, you can probably find it by googling.

Top Bottom