Peaceful Holy Jihad!

uat2d

ಠ_ಠ
I was just playing a game, founded Christianity and always used theocracy until a event happened...

all my Christian cities instantly also got Taoists! (the only not-Christian city, Évora, has (surprisingly) not affected!)

Spoiler :

an all weirdo event got me, that inspired Taoists missionaries from Beijing greatly expanded they're religion:

Spoiler :

this effect is the first time that affects me and it's HUGE; i as in that game doing everything to make Huyana Capac to flip, now imagine if this happened to Huyana (his cities turning Taoism) or to me the other way (i spreading Christianity to someone else)

the AI should be very easy influence with this effect, and China is the other side of the continent!

Worst of all, i has running Theocracy!!!

Isn't this OverPowered?

Why is the fact that several of your citites now have taoism in them such a bad thing. Sure it gives Qin some extra GPT but the event costs him a one time amount of gold and you get to build some more temples/monasteries/cathedrals. Its only 3-6 cities anyway IIRC.

P.S You will not make HC turn christian as he is currently Hindu, which he founded.

You've been hit by a random event!

The AI with taoism as state religion got a random event that goes something like: Pay for founding of missionaries work, xgold=turn one of your cities + 1 of theirs to your state rel.; ygold=2 of yours + 2 of theirs to your SR; zgold=turn up to 4 of yours and 4 of theirs to your state religion.
I don't remember the exact wording or numbers since it's been a while since I've had that event, but the effect is something like the above mentioned.

I don't see it as overpowered, though. The chinaman saved some hammers by not having to build missionaries, you've got a second religion without spending hammers. If the chinese builds AP, you will be a member and thus not heathen, no resolutions will be made against you. Consider it a win/win for all concerned :D

^
HC is pagan and only 1/2 of is cities are hindu
about 5/8 of them are already cristian

there is nothing wrong about taoism in my cities; but with that, it will spread easily to my opponents, something i don't want!

but i'm more talking about AIs, to them that's gotta be freaking nuts!

EDIT: Cross-Post

Okey :D
Now I understand why you don't want too many taoists around - Keep spreading christianity!

I could see how this random event could lead to a diplomatic victory for the player with the Apocalyptic Palace.

The whole point of Theocracy for me is the +2 XP for my units.

That's because you haven't tried losing an AP diplo game because you have one, little shabby city with buddhism!

I'd be ticked off because the whole Point of Theocracy is now useless.

Yeah, the event should definately disable against theocratic civs.

It also makes a terrible noise, (6-8 taoism sounds goin of at ounce, ugh)

You don't even imagine... :mad:
(lesson: don't play Civ with its audio on and high... :blush:)

The whole point of Theocracy for me is the +2 XP for my units.

Same to me (barracks+vassalage+theocracy is 7XP; all these bonus can be acquired early :goodjob:)

Yeah, the event should definately disable against theocratic civs.

That's one thing i'm trying to convince Firaxis to...

Top Bottom