What's Up With the Col II Website?

I went there to see if there was any news. (There wasn't.) The only change was that the music there didn't play properly any longer. I don't think it has anything to do with my computer, because I then visited the Civ IV and BtS websites, and the music there played just fine. I then tried the Col II website again, three times, and each time the music was scratchy and patchy.

Would somebody else check to see if this is just my computer being cranky? I don't really want to think of what it may mean if that isn't the case.

same weird sound on my PC, sounds awful

The sound is just the same today - absolutely broken. Don't they even bother about their own official Col II website now?

The music works fine for me? I don't understand why it wont for you guys? Maybe its your internet connection or web browser settings? Not sure but it works great on my side.

Adobe Flash Player 9 in IE works fine.
Adobe Flash Player 10 in FF is screwed.

Cause seems obvious to me :mischief:

Adobe Flash Player 9 in IE works fine.
Adobe Flash Player 10 in FF is screwed.

Cause seems obvious to me :mischief:

Then will you explain to me why the music no longer plays well on my computer? I use IE and didn't update Adobe Flas Player or DirectX between the last time the music played as it should and afterwards.

Also, I have no problems with the music at the websites for Civ IV or BtS. So something is broken at the Col II website. Something that wasn't broken before. Something that shouldn't be broken now since nothing is broken at those two other websites.

Öjevind Lång;7529210 said:
Then will you explain to me why the music no longer plays well on my computer? I use IE and didn't update Adobe Flas Player or DirectX between the last time the music played as it should and afterwards.

Also, I have no problems with the music at the websites for Civ IV or BtS. So something is broken at the Col II website. Something that wasn't broken before. Something that shouldn't be broken now since nothing is broken at those two other websites.

What version of flash is demonstrating the fault? (it's shown in the right click popup menu within any flash instance)

Are you sure you havn't updated flash?
Flash does use an auto-updater that periodically calls home to check for & install updates. The update confirmation dialog is easily confirmed & forgotten about.

What version of flash is demonstrating the fault? (it's shown in the right click popup menu within any flash instance)

Are you sure you havn't updated flash?
Flash does use an auto-updater that periodically calls home to check for & install updates. The update confirmation dialog is easily confirmed & forgotten about.

I don't even have Adobe Flash. I just checked, in case. I have DirextX, which I haven't updated between the last time the music played as it should and now.

This is a mystery, all right. Sherlock Holmes to the front!

Öjevind Lång;7532926 said:
I don't even have Adobe Flash. I just checked, in case. I have DirextX, which I haven't updated between the last time the music played as it should and now.

This is a mystery, all right. Sherlock Holmes to the front!

The website is entirely flash based - if you didn't have the flash player plugin installed the website would simply not work.

I think its the connection speed.

I tried it with my own computer and it worked fine.

But when I tried it at work with slower connection speed the music played really slow.

Top Bottom