New DLC: Polynesia

EDIT: What's wrong with Kamehameha? He united Hawaii, which is the largest clearly documented Polynesian Kingdom with a class system and bureaucracy. I hope it isn't because the turtle wave was named after him.

I had visions of a dragonball Z mod incomming as a scenario pack :rolleyes:

Kame is the Japanese word for turtle, but the creator of the move was stumped for what to call it. His wife suggested Kamehameha because, if he named it after the famous Hawaiian King (who apparently is known in Japan, but not by you), it would be hard to forget. The move is a tribute to the King. To expect Firaxis is doing anything except choosing a well known King demonstrates ignorance of Hawaiian history (which a simple wikipedia check could have cured). Dragonball Z is an amusing sidenote to this, but he truly did have great achievements.

all of those people would be wrong. akhenaten lived after abraham.

Well we cannot claim that Abraham refers to a real historic figure with any certainty. When you look at a lot of claims that the religious books of the Hebrews make about their ancestry a lot of them don't hold up and are widely considered myth and legend.

Akhenaton is a real figure who we know existed. Saying that the first monotheists were the Hebrews is an extraordinarily difficult claim to back up with sound support. Claiming that Akhenaton's religious movement was the first monotheism is much easier to justify.

Man, you just managed to make atheists and Jews mad at the same time. Double points!

ty, bra.

honestly, I don't it happened so long ago and is so open to interpretation, I think it's one of those things where it's completely okay to disagree; it's like arguing over Jesus' favorite color.

Akhenaton is a real figure who we know existed. Saying that the first monotheists were the Hebrews is an extraordinarily difficult claim to back up with sound support. Claiming that Akhenaton's religious movement was the first monotheism is much easier to justify.

While I agree, there's some debate over whether it was truly monotheism as we understand it (then again, the same could be said with early worship of Yahweh).

ty, bra.

honestly, I don't it happened so long ago and is so open to interpretation, I think it's one of those things where it's completely okay to disagree; it's like arguing over Jesus' favorite color.

OI! The DLC is polynesia. It's Brah if you're talking to the king, and his people, or Bro if you're talking to the Military.

I'm allowed to make these jokes, I'm a kiwi. :D

I do like the cultural influence the Hawaiians had on Pizza.

Aw, I like the Maoris. Two theories - one, a warrior. No idea specifically in what way. The other theory would be a Swordsman - perhaps a resourceless swordsman (or would this be too powerful?).

While I agree, there's some debate over whether it was truly monotheism as we understand it (then again, the same could be said with early worship of Yahweh).

Yeah there is some debate, but I think it's largely motivated by people from the judeo-christian world getting the heeby-jeebies by people sometimes raising the possibility of associating their origins with the Aton movement.

One of the strongest pieces of evidence that supports the claim that Akhenaton was instigating monotheism is the outlaw and destruction of the word gods (in plural form) from many temples and monuments during his reign.

The Aton in this period was a fusion of multiple god-concepts and certainly didn't equate to simply worshiping the sun.

Aw, I like the Maoris. Two theories - one, a warrior. No idea specifically in what way. The other theory would be a Swordsman - perhaps a resourceless swordsman (or would this be too powerful?).

I'd say resourceless swordsman or a pikeman replacement

Top Bottom