Which AI personality annoys you the most?

Second definitely Cathy, queen of spam, wasted so much time cleaning up her 1 pop tundra hovels.
At least she looks nice though, and the only one with some cleavage

This is the reason, why I finish her off in games where I don't care about the warmonger flag. She gives you a nice prospect, if you defeat her.

Freaking Hiawata, so many times where the idiot gets lucky and spawns on his own continent, forcing me to go for an overseas invasion, and because he always goes science without a really dumb focus (mostly meelee and siege in my experience) he's usually just behind me in army tech.
Not to mention that he looks like a moron, not even a proper Indian chief, just some random scout with bad hair.

Second definitely Cathy, queen of spam, wasted so much time cleaning up her 1 pop tundra hovels.
At least she looks nice though, and the only one with some cleavage, interesting how they turned Izzy into a supermodel but did not bother with much sex appeal, might as well have gone for a historically accurate depiction then.

Lizzy is just scary, that voice, that hair, ugh...

every time I look at her she makes me think of Margaret Tatcher :eek:

its awesome how the resemblance is just astonishing !

+100000 for hiawata, I don't know for cathy, i don't fight her that often, we usually befriend even.

My most annoying AI is without a doubt <snip> :egypt: Ramses.

each time he's in game it is a <snip> wonder rush war ( wonderful war ? ) between him and me.:wallbash::wallbash:

and some times he manages to beat me every time :mad:, and the worst happens when I'm ONE <snip> turn from wonder completion and he manages to beat me anyway !!!!!!! ( I click next turn, thinking "that's one wonder you wont have", yeah think again )

I even found a nickname for him.

the wonderful thief.

Moderator Action: Inappropriate language removed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Ottomans for me too. I know I can rely on Alex to DoW on me eventually, even if he's friendly. Bismark may or may not, he doesn't show up in many of my games. And Monty is like my stupid friend who starts off 'ohh friends!' then 'omg dow' then 'oh I lost everything friends again!' in a never ending cycle of failure.

Suliman, though. I hate him more than anyone else. 'Derp, I'm your friend, I'll buy your stuff for full price. Open borders? Please? Pretty please? Fine. DoW. I don't care that I'm half a continent away. Oh, and for peace you're gonna give me your everything even though you haven't seen a single one of my units. So nyah.' Fat bearded b*stard.

Ottomans for me too. I know I can rely on Alex to DoW on me eventually, even if he's friendly. Bismark may or may not, he doesn't show up in many of my games. And Monty is like my stupid friend who starts off 'ohh friends!' then 'omg dow' then 'oh I lost everything friends again!' in a never ending cycle of failure.

Suliman, though. I hate him more than anyone else. 'Derp, I'm your friend, I'll buy your stuff for full price. Open borders? Please? Pretty please? Fine. DoW. I don't care that I'm half a continent away. Oh, and for peace you're gonna give me your everything even though you haven't seen a single one of my units. So nyah.' Fat bearded b*stard.

After the DOW he still is friendly like suilleman whats you're problem?

Everyone, I must say. The personalities are all the same. Irrationality, no trust, unmotivated aggressions etc. But I wish i could tell any difference like some people apparently have.... Perhaps if i double my 2000 hours of gameplay:)

Everyone, I must say. The personalities are all the same. Irrationality, no trust, unmotivated aggressions etc. But I wish i could tell any difference like some people apparently have.... Perhaps if i double my 2000 hours of gameplay:)

I thinx a lot of people hate different people because certain AI' are constantly in their game and anoying them by running away with the game or dowing them early constantly

For me thats alexander and washington

I agree there aren't really personallities here they only have flavors of building units/when to expand basicly how they play the game NOT HOW THEY CONDUCT DIPLOMACY

Whatever Civ that is close to you, will hate you.
It dosnt matter what you do or what traits the civs have been given. Ghandi or Alexander; Same result; Its going to be war.

For civs far away though, you can trust Mongolia (yepp), Polynesia, Songhai, Iroquoi and Ghandi the most. The rest will DOW you at random even if they cant get to you.

Suleiman of the Ottomans.
Every damn time I am working on improving my city he backstabs me and captures my workers.
Often times, that pisses me off to the breaking point lol.

Suleiman's jovial personality hides a warmonger.

Its why in Domination games, you'll tend to see him pick Autocracy more often than not.

It's so true: The AI truly sucks.

I'm in a game now with a score of about 1500, the biggest Civ in the world. Nobunaga just attacked me. He has one city and a score of 236. What on earth was he thinking? Why not just sit back and have your little empire rather than loose it all?

I'd been generous to him for a long time. Given him gold, iron, horses, sugar, whatever. GIVEN, not traded. He'd been beaten up in our last war and I wanted him to get on his feet. He was a buffer for me and I was happy to leave him there. So why does he put a loaded gun to his head and pull the trigger?

It's so true: The AI truly sucks.

I'm in a game now with a score of about 1500, the biggest Civ in the world. Nobunaga just attacked me. He has one city and a score of 236. What on earth was he thinking? Why not just sit back and have your little empire rather than loose it all?

I'd been generous to him for a long time. Given him gold, iron, horses, sugar, whatever. GIVEN, not traded. He'd been beaten up in our last war and I wanted him to get on his feet. He was a buffer for me and I was happy to leave him there. So why does he put a loaded gun to his head and pull the trigger?

Bushido

What difficulty level? Was he attacking in a coalition? I've yet to seen cases where the AI suicides you without some form of broad support or caveats like playing on Deity (where even two city civs are a spammy threat).

Gandhi: This guy has just the look of an innocent old man, but then shoots off nukes at you when you least expect it. He tends to be the bully of all of the other civs, forging huge alliances and picking off everyone else one by one. I also just hate how he looks when he declares war, his expression just makes you want to wipe him off the planet. He constantly says how he wants to destroy you along with everyone else, destroying his whole peaceful feeling.

Bismark: Never can trust him, since almost every time I've been friendly with him it's always been fake. He always declares war with me at some point.

Catherine: Nothing but an annoying city spammer. Civ 5 has made settlers the worst sight in the world. You just know they going to plop a city down inside the middle of your territory, then you have to deal with it or send 4-5 units over to take it out. So annoying. She tends to get way to powerful also, since city spamming works great for the AI.

Ramkhamhaeng: I'm sick of him taking all of the city states in every game. Usually Alex is dead by this point, and that lets Siam pick all of them off. He usually is not directly at war with you but its a war of the favor of the city states, and it's one you almost cant ever win. Lucky Gods and Kings will fix a lot of this problem. If I ever get the chance I always wipe him out of existence. Ever since I have played I've always hated Siam. Something about his appearance just annoys me, similar to Gandhi.

That Civ with only 2-3 cities left: It's so annoying when these guys have literally no military and jump on the bandwagon of war declarations against you. It makes since for them to declare war when everyone else is, but they have no chance. I usually just finish them off, not caring about the warmonger penalty. They could have lived peacefully with only 2 cities, but no they never forget. Really wish the AI would be more forgiving, as this small guys would be great little allies. Instead they isolate themselves from everyone, sending meaningless denunciations everywhere, usually getting some other AI to finish them off. Sometimes the AI diplomacy is so stupid.

Without doubt the absolute number one would be Alexander. I've only managed to hold one friendly diplomatic relation in the game, all the others that included Alexander were extremely annoying with his constant insults. Alexander is actually the reason why I'm wishing for the removal of denouncements and an option to exclude some civs from the game. Its just not funny to be denounced after one turn that you've met him and he gets so much on your nerves that you do not even care about winning the game as long as you are able to wipe out the Greeks.

Others that frequently get on my nerves are Elizabeth and Oda. Elizabeth is also a difficult person to hold friendly relations with. Huge amount of arrogance while the English are always one of the lesser civs in the game, frequently being brought close to annihilation. Oda is also quite annoying, even if he's on the other side of the map, he aims for your tiles. And even if he is down to one city he still hates you for it.
And last but not least Ramesses. Probably the biggest failer in the game as he never really manages to take full advantage of his UA and with a personality that is comparable to the wind: it can change direction any moment.

I can't stand Siam. Everything about him bothers me. Buying out the city states, denouncing/throwing out the warmonger if you so much as look at another Civ for more than a couple seconds. But what I can't stand most is that he is in EVERY SINGLE ONE of my games.

As far as a Civ I don't mind at all, I enjoy seeing Cathy in my games. A lot of people swear that she is opportunistic and will turn on you in a second if you have land she wants, but she has been a loyal ally to me in every game I have ever played with her in it.

Plus she isn't bad too look at, and always has plenty of strategic resources for me to swindle.

Not really. If I get along with someone one game, they inevitably hate me the next.
Interesting, maybe your diplomacy isn't working and you are (unintentionally) provoking the other nations?
I usually get along with Denmark, Mongolia, Spain, Inca, Ottomans, Songhai and Persia (I encounter Persia regularly and barely had any wars against them). With some I've even bordered next to and they didn't mind being befriended with me the entire game. I especially get along with Mongolia, Inca and Persia while they usually have a far stronger military and a bigger empire.

Top Bottom