Civ V - One World Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont worry, I sure get your point. I simply want "health" back and thought it d be a nice little joke to say it that way.

By the way, at the moment I do not like the city-growing system. Right now all big late game cities are those which are founded early (ok, given enof food is present). Its because cities basically grow with a constant rate and this is really contradictory to the real world. Liked the system in civ4 in that regard much better.

I'm not completely opposed to the idea of negative effects on resources as long as they have something to make up for it. Tobacco could give unhealthiness or less growth, but in return give perhaps +20% gold in the city that has improved tobacco. And whales/ivory/etc might go obsolete in the modern era but perhaps give extra happiness than normal luxuries?

I remember that someone had a neat theory from the opening animations of Civ V vanilla and G&K, that they were parts of one and two of a trilogy, both have father and son, first in ancient era and second in renaissance.

Maybe in One World the intro has a Victorian setting.

Which would hopefully play again into the colonization aspect of the Scramble for Africa and the Victorian explorers

EDIT: This is an idea a guy over at the 2K forums had for the third intro:

Be steadfast my son, for the unending march of progress, is about to bring great changes.
[Video shows a caravel heading towards land on the horizon]
The great intellectual enlightenment and exploration of years past have brought about a new period of prosperity and growth for the empires of the world.
[Video shows bustling colonial port with people loading goods and treasure onto ships]
But as the great nations attempt to horde the riches of the world for themselves, the oppressed masses rise up as one and the call for revolution rings out across the world.
[Video shows soldiers holding rioting colonists back from a port with the colonist eventually breaking past the guards to wreck the place (think Boston Tea Party)]
No longer will the people be force to yield to old superstitions and tyrants, but will instead face the future with unbridled optimism.
[Video shows victorious colonist waiving their rifles and flags in the air as the imperial ships of their old imperial masters flee into the horizon (note the old superstitions and tyrants is a reference to the previous Gods and Kings expansion)]
As the people leave behind simple lives in the fields for a new life in the city, they bring forth a new era of economic prosperity and industrial progress on a scale never before seen.
[Video shows a large factory assembly line where many workers labor, with the camera panning out and fading through to see an industrial city skyline with countless smokestacks darkening the sky]
However, as the dark clouds of industry turn into storm clouds of war, mankind for the first time threatens to unravel all that it has accomplished, in a single flash of terrible light.
[Video shows a lone bomber flying through the clouds, to drop a single bomb which explodes in a flash of blinding light and culminates in a mushroom cloud]
But fear not my son for the future is yet to be written, so stand tall and guide your people into a future of your grand design.
[Video shows an office filled with many designs and a modern engineer (let’s say WWII era) working on building designs looks up and rises from his chair, walking towards a window to look out on a rising city skyline with many skyscrapers been built and an airship flying in the distance. Finally the video goes on to show the title of the game]

From Here

Maybe we can also get an expansion of that Smoky Skies scenario? It left much to be desired in terms of units and civs.

[Video shows soldiers holding rioting colonists back from a port with the colonist eventually breaking past the guards to wreck the place (think Boston Tea Party)]
No longer will the people be force to yield to old superstitions and tyrants, but will instead face the future with unbridled optimism.

Revolutions?

...including the speculation/assumption that there *will* be an expansion as we are still awaiting an official announcement.

/justsaying :mischief:

another resourse / mechanic to manage like religion?

plus Australia would be a perfect civ for a modern themed expansion

I think Portugal and Poland is a lock if they are going modern day. Another African civ possibly. I would go Kongo before Zulu, but I would not complain with Zulu.

Brazil and Australia possibly, but that opens a can of worms. Then you have to go Mexico, Argentina, Canada... it just doesn't work. I also don't think North America deserves more current representation. The modern countries do not have the longevity and have never been major global powers. A colonization focus would be diminished by including them.

Civs to include:

Sumer (classic)
Zulu/Kongo (more African representation. Whichever offers more diverse game play)
Portugal
Poland
Majapahit

Maybes:

Hittite (only if they vastly expound on the ancient times and the scenario)
Sioux (eh... not necessary but maybe)

Other features:

1. Make some of the existing luxury resources bonus resources. Food and health perks. No happiness.

2. As a modern day expansion, we need major population boosts and a world realistic to today. Not the WW3/Cold War slug fest it is every time out.

3. Colonization and revolution. They become city states. City states can align and own multiple cities, in which case, it becomes a modern nation or a new civilization all together.

One World:

I'd say there need to be 11 more civs to get to 45. Africa is truly underrepresented. We need the following:

1) Portugal
2) Kongo
3) Zulu
4) The Moors
5) Khazars
6) Hittites
7) Sumeria
8) Majahapit
9) Sioux

I'd add in two others:
10) Poland
11) Brazil

Civs that SHOULD BE INCLUDED
Poland
Ancient Israel
Tibet
Kongo tribes
Zulu
Portugal
Sumeria
Hitties
Civs I would like to see
Canada
Australia
Bulgaria
Armenia
Afganistan
Sikh Empire

Hope to see:
  • Removal of x number of terms regarding an agreement.
  • Brazil, Portugal, Kongo, Morocco(!).
  • Revamped Social policy or one like IV has.
  • Multiple religions in one city; current system is just stupid and needs to be revamped.
  • Actual functioning UN such as agreements etc.
  • Random incidents/scenarios, domestic and international which can/does affect every civilization. DOZENS of scenarios.
  • Every commodity in game subject to trade, along with resources that were available in Civ IV BtS and then some.
  • Multiple leaders.
  • Complex tiers of trade i.e. Coal and Iron can manufacture Steel which can be subject to trade or consumed to build a steel plant which + :c5production:. More coal, iron = more steel.
  • Reintroduction of pollution and health.
  • Adviser slots that one can earn that affects certain parts of your civ whether it is religion, military, production, gold etc. Which a player can dismiss at whim.

Doubt any of this will happen and we are just trying to make each other feel better.

Really excited for this.

I think Portugal and Zulu are a lock. I think Poland is a strong possibility, but not a lock because there's no precedent, only fan demand, which of course is meaningful but not a LOCK like the previous two are. Sumeria is as likely as Poland, in my opinion.

I'm gonna guess we get 6 Civs - 9 was a LOT for G+K - I'd love to see 9 more in this one but I don't find it likely. Other Civ possibilities are Indonesia of some sort, Sioux, Kongo, a Southeast Asian Civ, and a modern nation like Brazil, but that's a long shot.

Features-wise we'll see better diplomacy and fleshed-out trade.

Regardless what happens - if this turns out to indeed be an expansion, I'm extremely excited.

I'd guess we'd actually get more than in G&Ks to be honest based on Civ IV. There were 6 Civs and 10 new leaders for current civs in Wardlords, and 10 Civs and 6 new leaders for current civs in BtS. Actually, based on that I'd guess it would be about the same...

...hmmm... we'll see what happens.

I refuse to read this!!!

Earplugs, sunglasses and a lot of beer will make it ok, to keep out of this thread.

Until there's a source with evidence, I won't even look into this thread anymore.

It's made for trolls and by trolls only, I think. Or stupid innocent believers.
Moderator Action: Please don't troll the community.

I think any less than 9 civs added and the new expansion will be seen as smaller scale than the first and less ground breaking. To be seen on the same level this expansions gunna need to match the first as much as possible or exceed it.

This matters particular in the case of new civs. They are pretty much the flag bearers of expansions and the most notable aspect of an expansion particularly to more casual gamers who are more borderline customers. Showing this as another equally sophisticated and large instalment as the previous successful expansion is a sure way to boost its profile in the minds of those who would otherwise overlook it.

I refuse to read this!!!

Earplugs, sunglasses and a lot of beer will make it ok, to keep out of this thread.

Until there's a source with evidence, I won't even look into this thread anymore.

It's made for trolls and by trolls only, I think. Or stupid innocent believers.

Here's a source, http://cdr.xpaw.ru/app/8930/#section_depots

I'm skeptical regarding the actual title. Civilization V One World doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. It also has a number followinging a numeral. That's kind of weird. Plus it's too similar to that abomination of a Facebook game Civ World.

I suspect that it's a working title, subject to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom