Brave New World's 9 new Civs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Grin

Emperor
I think we need a thread to keep track of the new civs and their UU,UA,UB, etc.

1.Poland
  • Leader: Casimir III
  • UA: Solidarity: Free social policy upon entering an era
  • UU: Winged Hussar: Can break enemy formations(pushes units back), replaces lancer.
  • UB: Ducal Stables: Extra experience for cavalry units, +1 :c5production: production and :c5gold: gold from pastures.
2. Assyria
  • Leader: Ashurbanipal
  • UA: Treasures of Ninevah: Steal an enemy technology when taking a city. Can be used only once per city.
  • UU: Siege Tower: 1 hex attack range and supports units attacking cities,replaces catapult.
  • UB: Royal Library: :c5science: science bonus and XP for military units, as long as the Great Work slot is filled.

3. Brazil
  • Leader: Pedro II
  • UA: Carnival: double Tourism and :c5greatperson:Great Artist generation rate during a :c5goldenage: Golden Age.
  • UU: Pracinhas: Based on the Brazilian Expeditionary Force during WW2. Infantry replacement, generates points for :c5goldenage: Golden Age after victory
  • UI: Brazilwood Camp: Build on jungle tiles, generates extra :c5gold: gold and, after the research acoustics, :c5culture: culture.

4. Portugal
  • Leader: Maria I
  • UA: Mare Clausum: Double the amount of :c5gold: gold for having diverse sets of resources from trade routes.
  • UU: Nau: Has ability to trade with :c5citystate: city-states, earning :c5gold: gold and XP through trade, and replaces Caravel.
  • UI: Feitoria : Build inside :c5citystate: city-state borders, regardless of relationship. Gives you any luxury owned by :c5citystate: city-state, double quantity if allied.
5. Zulu
  • Leader: Shaka
  • UA: 50% reduced maintenance cost for melee units and +25% bonus experience for all units.
  • UU: Impi: Performs ranged attack before entering melee, pikeman replacement.
  • UB: Ikanda: Barracks replacement which provides new upgrades, like bonus to flanking & vs. gunpowder units.

6.Morocco
  • Leader: Ahmad al-Mansur
  • UA: Gateway to Africa: +3 :c5gold: gold and :c5culture: culture from every international trade route with a civ or city-state. Trade route owners receive +2 :c5gold: gold for each trade route sent to Morocco.
  • UU: Berber Cavalry: Mounted unit with combat bonus on desert tiles and inside Moroccan territory.
  • UI: Kasbah: Build on desert tyles and provides :c5food: food, :c5production: production and :c5gold: gold. Provides same +50% combat bonus as a fort.
7. Indonesia
  • Leader: Gajah Mada
  • UA: Two unique luxury resources for the first three cities built on a continent other than your starting one.
  • UU: Kris Swordsman: Get's random promotion after the first round of combat.
  • UB: Candi: Replaces Garden, gives :c5faith: faith bonus.

8. Venice
  • Leader: Enrico Dandolo
  • UA: Serenissima: Cannot gain settlers nor annex cities. Double the normal number of :c5trade:trade routes available. A :c5greatperson:Merchant of Venice appears after researching Optics. May purchase in puppeted cities.
  • UU: Merchant of Venice: This Venetian unique :c5greatperson:Great Person replaces the Great Merchant. Aside from the ability to conduct a Trade Mission, the Merchant of Venice can purchase :c5citystate:city-states outright, bringing them under Venetian control as a Puppet.
  • UU: Great Galleass: Galleas replacement, more :c5rangedstrength:ranged combat strength at a higher :c5production:cost.

9. Shoshone
  • Leader: Pocatello
  • UA: Great Expanse: Founded cities start with additional territory. Units receive a combat bonus when fighting in friendly territory.
  • UU: Pathfinder: Scout replacement, more :c5strength:combat strength and can choose ancient ruin bonus.
  • UU: Comanche Riders: Replaces Cavalry, ability grants them +1 :c5moves:movement.

List will be updated as we get more news.
Also, start the mad speculations!:lol:

Since I started the other one, I may do so here as well:

Okay, nine civs:
-Poland
-Assyria (possibly - however colours fit Hittites in a scenario earlier)

My hopes/guesses:
-Kongo
-Belgium
-Cherokee
-Brazil
-Portugal
-Majapahit
-Khmer

Have they told, explicitly, that we're talking about 9 new separate civs? Or could it be more leaders in existing civs?

Lol, the post frequency is quite high!!

Zulu will absolutely be in there. Throw in Portugal and another North American civ. Past that, who knows!

2 Assyria - colors and siege tower scream Assyria to me
3 Portugal - trade route UA
4 Zulu - ties into the Africa scenario
5 Brazil - Tourism, baby
6 Amer-indian tribe - I'm beginning to doubt this one since the Civil War scenario seems to focus on Virginia, but it could be a non-related civ
7 Indonesia - modern Indonesia is a SE Asian tourist destination
8 another African civ?
9 something that ties into the "World Congress"

Have they told, explicitly, that we're talking about 9 new separate civs? Or could it be more leaders in existing civs?

Lol, the post frequency is quite high!!

From their website:
New Civilizations, Units and Buildings: Nine new leaders and civilizations are introduced, including Casimir of Poland, each with their unique traits, units and buildings.

http://www.civilization5.com/bravenewworld/

I'd love for the Zulu Civilization to become South Africa instead - it would include the Zulu but also the parts of South Africa that once were like Namibia.

The civil war scenario likely means any native american civ will now be a north american modern civ.

The Apache and Sioux are the likely candidates now, causing trouble in the midwest during the civil war. The Cherokee could be a dark horse as allies to the confederacy

The confederacy could even be included...

The Confederacy will likely be included only as a playable civ in the scenario (much like Manchuria in the Korean scenario or some of the civs in the Renaissance scenario).

Probable:
1- Poland
2- Assyria (Used Seige Towers extensively. However, Siege Towers could be an upgraded Battering Ram and Attila gets a different UU).
3- Portugal (International trade routes)
4- Indonesia/Brazil (Tourism)
5- Kongo/Zulu/Zimbabwe (Scramble for Africa)
6- Cherokee/Apache/Sioux (Played role in Civil War)
7- Khemer (Trade)
8/9- Probably any of the options I said in 4/5.

My wish list:
Cahokia (Largest civilization in N America. Large trade routes. At one time Cahokia was probably the largest city in the world).
Inuits (Why not? Could be fun).
Israel/Tibet (Would be hard to add for people without G&K).
Canada/Australia/Aborigines (Never gonna happen).
Venice (Trade routes, but may be too many European civs)

With the new trade system, the Phoenicians might be a good bet for a civ in the expansion.

Let's think of the scenarios:
Civil War means there's likely going to be a Native American civ and maybe even Mexico.
Scramble for Africa pretty much confirms Zulu and Portugal. Civs I could see making an appearance in that scenario are Kongo, Belgium and Italy, the later could be a recolured Rome with different UU/UB.

Let's think of the scenarios:
Civil War means there's likely going to be a Native American civ and maybe even Mexico.
Scramble for Africa pretty much confirms Zulu and Portugal. Civs I could see making an appearance in that scenario are Kongo, Belgium and Italy, the later could be a recolured Rome with different UU/UB.

Yes belgium hopefully a civ with a unique ability that affects open borders. Because al lot of important battles where fought in belgium batttle of waterloo germans going through belgium to invade france.

World war 1 was fought in Belgium

1- Poland
2- Assyria (Used Seige Towers extensively. However, Siege Towers could be an upgraded Battering Ram and Attila gets a different UU).
3- Portugal (International trade routes)
4- Indonesia/Brazil (Tourism)
5- Kongo/Zulu/Zimbabwe (Scramble for Africa)
6- Cherokee/Apache/Sioux (Played role in Civil War)
7- Khemer (Trade)
8/9- Probably any of the options I said in 4/5.

That's a great list and similar to mine that I posted in the thread with basically the same discussion:

Okay, nine civs:
-Poland
-Assyria (possibly - however colours fit Hittites in a scenario earlier)

My hopes/guesses:
-Kongo
-Belgium
-Cherokee
-Brazil
-Portugal
-Majapahit
-Khmer

Is it just me? But this time around we seem to be surer of our civs? The lists are more alike and so. Hmm... What about a dark horse civ? For me, i threw in Belgium, just for fun.

P.S. ArtGrin. Yup! It's just a matter of time.

The thing about the Civil War scenario is that it focuses on the Eastern Theater, specifically between Richmond and Washington DC. I don't see a Native American civ playing a role in that. It doesn't mean there isn't a NA civ. I just don't see it being a tied-in civ. It could go to the Mississippians, who had extensive trade routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom