Can't get scenarios to load.

Joe67Saint

Chieftain
Whenever I try to loas a scenario, I get this message: "Could not open the scenario. The file may be corrupt." I've tried about a dozen scenarios, and always get that message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you're using the correct version. What version of Civ3 do you have? There's scenarios for vanilla Civ3, PTW, and C3C.

I have had this exact same problem, all of a sudden all of my downloaded scenarios didn't work :eek: I fixed the problem by deleting ALL CIV3 files, I uninstalled all versions, patches, AND I deleted the files the uninstall leaves behind (backup your scenarios and saves folder). THEN I reinstalled Civ3 with the expansions and the patches, took a long time but it worked :D

I have regular Civ3. I tried deleteing everything and reinstalling. It didn't work on mine.

Can you post one of them here? You could also try creating your own scenario via the editor, and seeing if that loads OK.

Have you patched your version of Civ to version 1.29f? There were some changes to the BICs made by this patch, so if you are using an earlier version, this might explain why they won't load. :)

Top Bottom