Are the Persians viable?

Speaking of Treatises, always save a writer or two when winning the World's Fair! Pop a Golden Age and mass insane amounts of culture, and when the doubled culture gain is over, you pop those writers for more policies!

Hermitage needs three pieces of art for theming bonus. Artifacts are fine for museums (and other GW slots).

I think that is a mistake. First two GW should go to Oxford for theming bonus. That is 4 cpt before bonuses, and it runs for most of your game. Early treatise are few hundred culture, not thousands!

I am not convinced that CV goal really changes the GW slot / bulbing equation. For CV, one is aiming for Louvre, but that is only two more GA needed for theming bonus. Even for CV, I think most Great Writers and Artists are better being bulbed.

Bulbing doesn't increase tourism however. Yes you're losing out on some culture/gold/hammers by not bulbing GWs and GAs, but to make up you're generating much more tourism, in addition to theming bonuses, that is ultimately going to get you a CV faster.

^^ Don't Golden Ages help with Tourism? If so, I would think bulbed GA would still be better spent that way for CV, as compared to planting in a Great Work slot.

Nah. Only Brazil benefits from golden ages by producing more tourism.

People underestimate early great works. When you're pushing out tourism early (even though it's small), you get a serious jump.

Persia is incredibly strong imo, they are becoming my favourite civ to fight early. Get 3 cities, 7 archers, 2 immortals and attack when you hit Representation in Liberty tree. You'll clear 1 and possibly 2 civs if you play well, which sets you up incredibly strong until XBs come.

Gifted chu ko nu units during a golden age of persias and with the may attack twice and logistics promotion may attack 3 times. So if you get a chu ko nu gifted by a city state and you get him logistics promotion and you run a golden age, you may attack 3 times.

Persia is more than viable. They are one of the high tier civs. Free chichen itza plus amazing combat bonuses/movement and worker efficiency during golden ages. Yes, your workers can move onto a tree tile and work it the same turn during a golden age. Excellent.

Their UA can lead to perpetual golden ages in the mid game. GA's plus Chichen and opening aesthetics. Get Taj Mahal for more craziness added.

Gifted chu ko nu units during a golden age of persias and with the may attack twice and logistics promotion may attack 3 times. So if you get a chu ko nu gifted by a city state and you get him logistics promotion and you run a golden age, you may attack 3 times.

Are you kidding me? And some day you might get hit by lighting while at the same time being bitten be a shark. the odds are pretty much the same.

Persia is my preferred Civ in Civ 5 Vanilla and G&K. You need to max out happiness to really make the most, so founding a religion is critical.

Persia is almost too powerful, if you know how to take full advantage.

Persia is an underrated Civ. In late game -with many Great artists- you can play your entire game in Golden Age. +1 move and 10% combat in GA is really effective.

Top Bottom