Editing GameFonts.tga woes...

ArbitraryGuy

Rusty Shackleford?
So, I've edited some of the resources in gamefonts tga. I didn't touch the "city defense" (castle) symbol. However, now in game instead of the city defense castle symbol, the great person symbol is displayed. No other fonts are messed up... is there an explaination? Thanks.

Here's a screenshot to show what I mean. That's the proper Catholic icon, but, as you can see, the city defense icon is incorrect...

Attachments

• lamer.gif
    lamer.gif
    97.9 KB · Views: 179
I had the exact same problem when I added an 8th religion, and never could find a way to make it work the way it's supposed to.

As a work-around, I copy and pasted the "castle" icon over the "great person" icon. :mischief:

The only place that particular great person icon seems to be used is in the civilopedia entries. So, if you don't mind that small graphical glitch, it might work for you too.

I pulled the gamefont file from the greek mod. It was sized differently and I had much better luck with it. The one that comes with the normal game I could never get to edit and work out right. Even when watching the lines and cyan dots.

Top Bottom