Religion Mini Icons - problem with gamefonts.tga

Traiano

Warlord
I modified a religion (Taoism) and switched it to a new one, Orthodox.
Now I have an issue with the dreaded tga gamefonts.

Initially I edited the gamefonts and gamefonts75 per Eusebius tutorial.

The new Orthodox icon works fine and shows up:

- among the new religions in the religions screen.

- in the convert religion screen.

- in the tech tree.

- in the city screen in the upper right concern.

However the mini icons do NOT show up into the Leader screen, where it displays the civ score, espionage and trade icons.
It should display also the religion mini-icons!

Any clue what the issue might be? (size of the icons in the gamefonts?)

Also, despite the fact I placed Orthodox as State Religion in the wbs (for 4 civs), the mod let the civs with orthodoxy start without a religion (they are allowed to convert to Orthodox though) :sad:

Has anyone figured out similar problems?

It sounds like you may have accidentally changed the transparency of the border around your icon in gamefont75.tga. Please see this thread for more details.

Thanks a lot.
Now I fixed it, partially at least!

The mini icons show up in the leader scoreboard.
They arent perfect yet...there is just a tiny blurry black border around them, barely visible now.

I presume that if I keep enlarging the mini icons font in tga75 - so they touch the purple border and leave no white space - the black blurring might disappear...

It is hard to make good looking 16x16 icons. I do not think I have mastered it. But, do you know how to work with transparency in your editor? If you set the transparency carefully, you can control how your "blurry black border" looks. Just be *very sure* not to accidentally paint any transparency onto the magenta colored grid between the icons.

Top Bottom