Rise of Mankind 2.8 Feedback and bug reports

zappara

Mod Designer
Please post bug reports and feedback from v2.8 to this thread.

Known issues that have been fixed already:

• Fixed: RevInqUtilities.py isInquisitionConditions now uses RoM settings
  • Fixed: RevInquisition.py AI players no longer start training more Inquisitors when they have maxed out this unitclass already
  • Fixed: RevDCMReligionControl.py isReligionExist call works now correctly, this should fix Choose Religion and Limited Religion game options

and I changed city screen to show by default only present religions and corporations (BUG options) which also allows more than 7 of each to be displayed on city screen.

Download the zip from this post and unzip it to 'Beyond the sword\mods\' -folder and overwrite files if asked to.

This fix does not affect saved games since the changes are only made to python files and to game settings.

Download RoM 2.81 patch

About bug reporting:

1. If you find bug in the mod try to describe it in detail when you post about it. This helps me to locate it more accurately and faster.
2. About missing UI problem: Please post what Windows type and language version you are using. Also tell which one you are using, Beyond the Sword or complete Edition.
3. CTDs ie. Crashs To Desktop, try to provide as much information as possible what happened just before it occurred. Even better if you can upload save game file so I can take a look at it. If you are experiencing CTDs in late game, try reducing graphic settings, BtS is known to have crashes when saved games get big and when there's lots of stuff in late game - most common reason for CTD is that Civ 4 can't find enough free memory.
4. Some Civ4 Map scripts can not make maps for Giant or Gigantic map sizes.

BtS log files

To speed up finding possible causes for bugs, you can enable logging in BtS and attach zipped log files in this thread when you post about your findings.

To enable logging go to BtS folder and open Civ4Config. Check following options to these settings:

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

; Overwrite old network and message logs
OverwriteLogs = 1

; Enable rand event logging
RandLog = 1

; Enable message logging
MessageLog = 1

Now when you start game, it logs everything to log files. When you exit the game, go to BtS folder, there should be Civ4logs, go there. Zip the log files in that folder and attach the zip file in your post so I can take a look at those files.

Reposted here since this thread was not made when I first posted it.

-----

So I played the lite version of the game and this is my report.

1. I like the new Sentry functions such as sentry heal and sentry land only.

2.Having chopping of forest and pine trees moved to iron working made the game much harder.

3. My workers seem to be very lazy. All they seem to do is make cart paths if they are on auto. I have to forcefully get them to build on resources or build mines.

4. The new Naite wonder looks awesome!

5. I crashed when attacking a city with my spearman general. I forgot to put the auto log stuff on so I cannot post the error. Sorry.

6. The AI seems more aggressive even though I am on the same setting I normally am at.

7. I love the new Civic menu. Looks spiffy!

8. Even though they were in the beta I am glad you added the new resources like fertilizer and stuff.

9. Everything seems to take longer to do on snail than before.

10. Overall great job Zap! I just hope my random crashing was a fluke becuase I really want to play longer. I did not even get to classical era!

I noticed that you grabbed SrategyOnly's new civic menu, nice work. I've been secretly installing it on all users who used any of my beta's. ;)

I made a few changes to mine, so that the screens shorted up a bit if the player wasn't using Revolutions, since there is less text to display. You might want to look into that.

after playing to the renaissance age on rom lite the only problem i've had was that i couldn't choose my own religon even with the options of choose your religion and the one religion per civ the game just auto chose islam for me and i was only the 3rd civ to found a religion. other than that looks very good so far.

Missing UI problem. Copied CivAltRoot.py to Rise of Mankind\Assets\Python and Beyond the Sword\Assets\Python, but still no UI.

I am running 64-bit Windows 7, but I had the same problem on 32-bit XP. I have some foreign letters in my Windows user folder name.

Attached is my logs folder and and my CivAltRoot.py, incase I made some mistakes there.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    240.2 KB · Views: 113
Firstly let me start by saying Thank You for a great mod.

2.71 was a lot of fun, and made me start playing civ4 again, and from reading the list of changes that have been made in 2.8 I am certain it will be even better.

Unfortunately I am having a few issues with 2.8. Firstly like someone else already said it isn't allowing me to choose religions. I've tried starting and restarting and all the different options selected but I still never get a choice.

That wasn't too bad though, however now later into the game for some reason I suddenly founded 3 new religions in one turn. I have the limited religions option on, so I should never have more than 1, and it wasn't on a turn that I finished researching anything either, so I'm not sure what caused it, but it makes it very difficult to stop my cities from rebelling since I now suddenly have 4 religions and 4 holy cities.

Missing UI problem. Copied CivAltRoot.py to Rise of Mankind\Assets\Python and Beyond the Sword\Assets\Python, but still no UI.

I am running 64-bit Windows 7, but I had the same problem on 32-bit XP. I have some foreign letters in my Windows user folder name.

Attached is my logs folder and and my CivAltRoot.py, incase I made some mistakes there.
Looked at the logs and it does seem to be caused by your windows username containing ä -letter. Don't have any new solutions to this problem at this time but I'll try to figure it out.

Firstly let me start by saying Thank You for a great mod.

2.71 was a lot of fun, and made me start playing civ4 again, and from reading the list of changes that have been made in 2.8 I am certain it will be even better.

Unfortunately I am having a few issues with 2.8. Firstly like someone else already said it isn't allowing me to choose religions. I've tried starting and restarting and all the different options selected but I still never get a choice.

That wasn't too bad though, however now later into the game for some reason I suddenly founded 3 new religions in one turn. I have the limited religions option on, so I should never have more than 1, and it wasn't on a turn that I finished researching anything either, so I'm not sure what caused it, but it makes it very difficult to stop my cities from rebelling since I now suddenly have 4 religions and 4 holy cities.
I'll look into this religion issue. I didn't have time to test every possible mod option so this one slipped under my radar. RevDCM python code that handles these options were moved into new files so it's possible I missed something in the merge process. Will be fixed as soon as possible.

I found the logs for it. I don't know if it helps but this is the part where I suddenly found new religions:

19:50:24 DEBUG: Timer - scores took 73 ms
PY:player 0 Civilization Great English Kingdom has founded Naghualism
PY: Revolt - Hastings founded non-state religion, index of Hastings now 350 ... state 1, new 10
PY:player 0 Civilization Great English Kingdom has founded Judaism
PY: Revolt - York founded non-state religion, index of York now 350 ... state 1, new 0
PY:player 0 Civilization Great English Kingdom has founded Taoism
PY: Revolt - Nottingham founded non-state religion, index of Nottingham now 350 ... state 1, new 6
PY:Rev - Player 12 (Japanese Rebels of Bangkok) is a homeless rebel
PY:Rev - Player 13 (Khmer Rebels of Delhi) is a homeless rebel
PY:Rev - Japanese Rebels of Bangkok (12) is a rebel against teams 5,
PY:Rev - Khmer Rebels of Delhi (13) is a rebel against teams 8,
19:50:25 DEBUG: Timer - scores took 71 ms

Thank you for your quick response.

Running Win 7, 64-b, 4GB RAM, quad-core
Playing ROM 2.8 with Afforess 1.4beta 8.
Loaded modules: static leaderheads and custom civilization

CTD earlish in the game (researching Feudalism I believe). CTD has happened several times I've loaded from save. Due to custom civ/config I don't know if you can load a save game?

I think the errror is this (from xml.log) -- it appears like 15 times in a row with the same error.

Spoiler :

[79588.109] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4EspionageMissionInfo/EspionageMissionInfos/EspionageMissionInfo)
[79588.109] info type NONE not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4EspionageMissionInfo.xml

EDIT: There's actually a lot of lines in the xml file saying the same thing -- that info type NONE not found. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    187.9 KB · Views: 80
Zappara, is 2.8 going to be released only on torrent?

People are reporting that it's downloading in as little as 5 minutes now. You should give it a shot. I'd use the torrent even if it were twice as long as the download sites.

I've tried it twice on Marathon, and both times have gotten dogpiled before turn 200. The WHEEOHRN was probably before turn 100 both times. Is this intentional? I've noticed a -1 diplomatic factor about "first impressions", but I haven't done anything else to annoy these AIs.

I think I found a reproducable CTD, here are the logs and the autosave the turn before the crash. I used RoM 2.8 full and Afforess' latest beta.

Before that happened, I only had a message popping up all the time
Spoiler :
(which I had also without using Afforess' beta testing 2.8 lite before) and then one earlier CTD which a reload fixed.

Attachments

• 2.8.JPG
    2.8.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 5,964
  • Logs.rar
    197 KB · Views: 122
Zappara, some feedback from RoM 2.8, having played my first game to the medieval era.

1) AI is much better than before. The game is far more enjoyable as a result.

2) I play at Marathon speed, and the growth of cities from food is incredibly slow, but this is exactly how it should be. At medieval era and I have never maxed out happiness or health thus far, which is a huge change from base CIV and from previous RoMs. This is a fantastic change and is very realistic. The game is now very slow in Marathon.

3) Tech speed, and trade from trade-routes, is much reduced, which is another excellent change.

4) I have had no crashes or problems. Everything is working as intended, Everything is perfectly balanced.

5) The time waiting between turns seems even longer than in the past, but I am willing to put up with it for such an excellent game.

Overall, this is the best RoM to date and clearly superior to base CIV BTS. Congratulations and thankyou.

When in world builder I CTD when placing one of the newest techs to 2.8 (fertilizer I believe).
I haven't tried to recreate it yet.

Add: +1 for forest chopping requiring iron working.

2.Having chopping of forest and pine trees moved to iron working made the game much harder.

5. I crashed when attacking a city with my spearman general. I forgot to put the auto log stuff on so I cannot post the error. Sorry.

I too had a CTD when I winning an attach on a city with spear men but it was not repeatable. I since have had a repeatable CTD but since I was also using Afforess' 1.4beta8 at the time I put it in his thread.

I hate the chopping of forest requiring iron working. I think way back in Civ 3 or 2 the logic was along the lines that soft woods like pine can be cleared with copper/bronze tools but hardwood require iron. Then, theoretically jungles are more likely to contain hardwood trees and forest softwood trees. Of course this was simplistic since balsa is a hardwood and even after being dead 50+ years some ironbark trees still can't be dented with modern iron axes :) Oh - ironbark is a temperate climate Australian hardwood. I will play a few more games and see if I change my mind. It only took two games for me to love cart paths but I am already on my third game so and still hate having to wait to chop forests- only those in my cultural boarders but outside and city work area. What else are they useful for?

Zappara, I found a bug in the python files, it's throwing (debug) asserts at me.

Look in the RevInqUtilities.py, it is checking from lines 33-45 for civics in Standard BTS, not RoM, and not finding them, which could cause problems.

Top Bottom