Delta_Strife's Ship Units

Liberté class battleship

good work

keep it

greeting
Wotan49
:old:

It is Liberte Class! I wanted to do the Republique class but the Marine Nationale has not released those plans yet. They have a great database with original plans for these things so it is matter of waiting for them to scan them in.

Afternoon everyone finished work early today so had a chance to start animating the liberte. Right now just did the default to see how it would look in the game was well as orientation. I think this time I got the orientation right the first time.

I know of those as well Ares de Borg but I am talking about stuff like this:
Amiral Aube

I see! I guess you could mod the République from the Liberté (at least at civ scale).

The preview: Orientation looks good, well done. Textures look a little grainy, but this could just be the screenshot. It's about time to sink that ugly old pre-dreadnought next to the Liberté. ;)

That ugly pre-dreadnought is the Massena class and I have the plans for that as well. The grainyness is something I do wonder how I can fix. I have played around with a few things that make it better but it still a little grainy.

Update: The Liberte was done but I was very unhappy with grainyness and there was issues with the masts disappearing. SO I changed the way I rendered it, used SBB, and messed around with pallette. Now I am happy with how much better the product looks now VS before. So need to redo the whole animation for the unit but it looks way better.

New

Old

MUCH better! Great work. :) Maybe you can rework your first ship with this nice technique later on, it's really paying off.

AoI is the one of the reasons I am doing this. I love the mod and was always wanting to have a lot of different looking ships. It just took me awhile to get the motivation and will to learn how to make units.

That ugly pre-dreadnought is the Massena class and I have the plans for that as well. The grainyness is something I do wonder how I can fix. I have played around with a few things that make it better but it still a little grainy.

Isn´t that grey ole dreadnought Smoking Mirrors "Early BB" from the old days ??
At least that´s what I´m told ....

I just want to say that I have been keeping an eye on your work and you have come a very long way in a very short amount of time. I'm impressed with your work. I'm back in the states now, but I'm still in transition and I won't have stable internet until the end of October. I'm glad to see someone filling in a genre that has previously been largely untouched with the exception of maybe Wyrmshadow. I may have to get with you about some of the tools for blender when I get the chance. I'm still trying to learn blender, but if you ever have a question about anything, just let me know. If I can't answer it for you, I'm sure I could direct you to the place to find the answer. Good work.

The ships looks really good. Hope the cruiser you started this thread with is still on your to-do list. I will certainly use it if it materializes.

Isn´t that grey ole dreadnought Smoking Mirrors "Early BB" from the old days ??
At least that´s what I´m told ....

What I meant was in AOI it was being used as ship for the massena class. The problem with it is some things have been exaggerated so it can be seen better at civ level like the stacks and guns. EDIT: However upon further review it was actually being used as the Marceau Class which I do not have enough good plans to do yet but we never know what I might find.

And for the cruiser I still have it but I sent it over to Tom so just wait. :)

Thank you for the offer 19Delta!

If Toms got back to shipmaking I´m sure you and he will soon cover whatever lacks.
Especially on those early iron ships upto mid-WW years.

Nice time to look forward too. Hopefully El Justo got spaces to fit in these monsters, but still release that long awaited AOI new version.

Go for it mates

Wow, the ships do look good! You have made tremendous progress much faster than I have ever made! It is fun making units, isn't it?! Sometimes the challenges are great in themselves, because once you have overcome them, you learn something new, and understand the intricacies of the program better.

Keep up good work!

And for the cruiser I still have it but I sent it over to Tom so just wait. :)

I will finish it this weekend. :)

Top Bottom