R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Hello,

I have downloaded the two zip files, sent them to my MODS directory and used 7zip to "extract here" which makes new folders of the same name in the MODS dir. When I boot civ5, I see the mods, enable both, start a new custom game and choose a leader. Then, during the loading screen (listening to the German speech, for instance) everything looks good until the screen goes black, the cursor changes from the loading-spinning-globe into the regular cursor, then I get the WinXP "Civ5 has encountered and error" thing and I have to shut down.

89 files 13.8MB in MODS/r_e_d__wwii_edition__v_9
1777 files 182 MB in MODS/R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v 1)

I read through the forums and did not find this particular issue, but I apologize if I missed it. Any help would be appreciated--I just heard about this mod recently and have not tried any of the previous versions.

Looks very promising and I'm hoping I can get it to work!

Thank you.

In the mods area make sure the only two mods active (green circle) are the two for RED WWII, otherwise you get issues.

Do you work to adapt the mod to the new version of Civilization? I have Civ from Steam so I cannot install this... What a pity...

In the mods area make sure the only two mods active (green circle) are the two for RED WWII, otherwise you get issues.

Thanks for your reply. I have no other mods installed except the Genghis Khan one and it was disabled (i.e. no green checkmark) the whole time. I only have the two RED mods checked off.

I have instal it but when i start scenario; cannot build buildings. And city also doesnt have any building, my civ V is updated to 1.0.1.348

I have instal it but when i start scenario; cannot build buildings. And city also doesnt have any building, my civ V is updated to 1.0.1.348

SO from the start screen make sure to click on MODS then browse mods and make sure that the only two mods with a green check are the two RED mods.

If you have done that it should work.

Thanks for your reply. I have no other mods installed except the Genghis Khan one and it was disabled (i.e. no green checkmark) the whole time. I only have the two RED mods checked off.

Well I would suggest you make sure your video drivers are up to date, getting either the latest Nvidia or ATI/AMD drivers depending on what video card you have.

I assume a normal single or multiplayer game works?

Do any other mods work?

I can't wait to try this mod out.:) Once version .10 is released, I'll try it and provide feedback.

v.10 is near release.

It will require an update of the data files mod, so here's the download link (mediafire) for that part if you want to be ready at the core mod release.

edit : and I'll answer some of the previous interesting posts after release ;)

And here it is, V.10 is available !

Remember that you'll need to update the data mod too before being able to use v.10

R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v.2)
R.E.D. WWII Edition (v.10)

Change Log :

v.10 (Sept 05, 2011):

- Feature : AI override function to force fighters on interception if it's needed and rebase them near bombed targets if necessary
- Feature : AI hack to prevent suicide attacks. This is done by deleting and respawning the suicide unit just before it can attack, giving a visual issue: the damage are reseted to current level, showing a red number (MaxHitPoints-ActualDamage), same for XP. But the respawned unit has exactly the same attributes as before the aborted attack.
- Feature : custom victory screens, to win the game you'll have to capture not only the capital, but 3 more key cities of your opponents. Here's the list of key cities:
- England : London, Liverpool, Edinbugh, Newcaste
- France : Paris, Caen, Dunkerque, Bordeaux
- Germany : Berlin, Kiel, Bremen, Frankfurt
- Italy : Rome, Naple, Milan, Bologna
- USSR : Moscow, Kiev, Stalingrad, Leningrad​
- Bugfix : don't send reinforcements to embarked units.
- Bugfix : some events didn't happened at the correct date, the code was badly interpreting the calendar.
- Feature : give XP to aircraft making interceptions.
- Feature : after "Fall Of France" event, the french player can try to convert back it's colonies (by capturing the colony capital) or it's units. (by attacking them and dealing less damage than received or by attacking units with low health to force surrender)
- Balance : reduced projects cost.
- Balance : allow supply line to start from cities of friendly minor civilizations
- Balance : slow down XP progression
- Balance : no XP from bombarding cities with land or naval units
- Balance : fighters can intercept 2 air attacks each turn
- Balance : raise city defense bonus for garisonned units
- Tweak map : names corrections, rivers placement, change NE plot of Nice from mountain to hill.
- Added : new scenario "Earth 1942" by T_KCommanderbly (beta version) with playable USA, Japan, China and with new units.
- Added : 4th batch of units from danrell's WW2 packs
- Heavy Bombers : Tupolev TB-3, He-177, HP Halifax, Petlyakov Pe-8
- Fast Bombers : De Havilland Mosquito, Tupolev Tu-2, SM.79 Sparviero
- Destroyers : Fantasque, Type 1934A, Triba, Gnevny, Soldati
- Cruisers : La Galissoniere, Leipzig, Dido, Kirov
- Heavy/Battle Cruisers : Deutschland, Zara
- Battleships : Sovetsky Soyuz, King George V
- Dreadnought : Queen Elizabeth, Gangut, Conte Di Cavour
- Old Tanks : AMC-35, Char D1, Char D2, M3 Grant, T-28, M11-39
- Light Tanks : Renault R-40, Panzer II Ausf L​

One of the big feature is the addition of T_KCommanderbly Earth 1942 scenario, I believe he will make a separate thread to describe and get feedback on it.

Another feature is off by default, as discuted before : the suicide attack prevention function is suspected to cause hanging during AI turn.

You can activate it for test purpose by editing one of those 2 files : Defines1942.lua for the Earth 1942 scenario, and DefinesEuro1940.lua for the Europe 1939-1945 scenario

Find this code block :

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- AI Rules
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALLOW_AI_CONTROL = true -- Allow the use of functions to (try to) control the AI units and build list
TRACK_COMBATS_MAX_TURNS = 2 -- Number of previous turns entries keeped in the TrackCombat table
INTERCEPTOR_RATIO_NEEDED = 2 --If NumAirAttacks / NumInterceptor > Ratio then we need another interceptor
-- Suicide Attacks Prevention
NO_SUICIDE_ATTACK = false -- If set to true, try to prevent suicide attacks
SUICIDE_DAMAGE_TRESHOLD = 8 -- Above this level of damage let's call it a tentative of suicide, but check the below value too
SUICIDE_DIFF_DAMAGE_TRESHOLD = 5 -- Above this difference between damage dealed and damage received, consider that the attack is a large defeat
SUICIDE_HP_RATIO = 5 -- Under this ratio between HP left and damage received, call it suicidal

and change "NO_SUICIDE_ATTACK = false" to "NO_SUICIDE_ATTACK = true"

If the game hangs during AI turn, you'll be able to save at this moment and reloading this save will free the AI from whatever it was looping infinitely on :D

In regards to Germany, is the Panzer IV still the highest tier tank currently in the current mod version ?

In regards to Germany, is the Panzer IV still the highest tier tank currently in the current mod version ?

Yes, I will not release Tiger or Panther without saying it :)

T-34 will rule the battlefield a bit longer...

Thanks for the info, looking forward to more panzers ;)

By the way Gedemon, on what difficulty level does the mod work the best?

Im far from a being a Civ5 'god' so Im currently only playing on prince level, so was wondering if that might screw things up a bit?

I've set default to deity to compensate the AI weakness, I suggest to play above Prince, maybe King for new players, but the difficulty is linked to your choice of civs.

I haven't played enough game to really sort them out (and the balance change with each new version), but I think France is the maybe the most difficult to play and Germany the easier.

This mod looks great, but when I load it, I get loads of text wont load errors- then when I hit lunch I get "dat files not loaded" and nothing happens, and alot of the pictures are red boxes and stuff? what has happened?

This mod looks great, but when I load it, I get loads of text wont load errors- then when I hit lunch I get "dat files not loaded" and nothing happens, and alot of the pictures are red boxes and stuff? what has happened?
I'm sort of getting the same thing. When in game at the mods section the extraction gets to like 1,800 something then it freezes up. When I try to play the game I get lots of errors and such. So, I tried deleting my cache and the files and reinstalling them. Again though the extraction got stuck at luck 1,800 then froze up.

Have you installed and activated the data mod ?

Top Bottom