games of thrones

web25

Warlord
would anyone be willing to make a game of thrones scenario?

i was thinking each house could have a special unit (direwolf) for the starks for example.

could have the wildlings and whitewalkers be roaming barbarians just south of the wall and beyond it.

could allow marriages instead of alliances (if possible).

you could add gold in all the mountains for the lannister land area.

etc....

I've had similar thoughts myself, only I am otherwise obligated. I could contribute some ideas to it, however, I already have a rough outline in my head...

My thoughts would be that instead of each houses animal being a unit it would instead be a theme or flavor for the entire Civ.

A very good and detailed map is here, although it is missing the continent of Essos:
http://gameofthrones.net/images/Westeros_Maps/map_of_westeros.jpg

Those not familiar with the show or book series can get some helpful info here:
http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/

Anyways, I am a fan of the show and of course of modding Civ3, so if anyone does take this up I am willing to be an advisor on it.

i guess the only house that uses animals would be the starks. wolves were used in battle. all i could be is an adviser too, i have no idea how to create a modpack.

that would be a perfect map for civ3.

Civ 3 is probably one of the easiest games to mod, since it has an editor and doesn't require any knowledge of coding. There are tuturials available in the tuturials section that explain how to get started, and you can always ask questions.

I'm not familiar with this game though... to mod it well, one would have to know the original game to an extent. But it looked interesting.

A while ago, someone came around and wanted other people to make him a GTA-type mod IIRC. Of course, he didn't want to do it himself; but kept asking for people to make units. We told him, people aren't going to spend time making units and put work in if he won't do anything himself; and the thread died. Since the Civ 3 community isn't huge by any means, other people usually do things that interest them, and are unlikely to jump onto making a mod everytime someone asks.

So unless you start making this mod; there is little chance someone else will pick it up. If you do start making this mod, and show progress as you go... people will gain interest and be more likely to get involved. Too many mods have been started and die because the creator decides to leave; and all the work is lost and time is wasted. So you will get more help if people know you are working on something, they see your progress, and they know you won't up-and-leave out of the blue! :)

Just for information : I am currently updating my "Iron Throne" mod. It was originally created several years ago, but I've recently decided to make a major update, taking into account all the new information we have for song of ice and fire universe.

Unfortunately, this is a french mod, which won't work (at least on this main version) with english game. I would love to have an english version of the mod once it will be updated... but my first task is clearly to make this "major update". I may plan on an english conversion once it will be done.

Anyway, if someone has some interest on this project, I can give more information on it, despite my average level of english.

Whatever happened to working on an English Game of Thrones MOD? I have some ideas, too, and there is a user-created Westeros map I have been working with.

The Civ 4 Clash of Kings MOD is out there, but I don't like Civ 4 as much and this mod has Lincoln as Robb Stark and De Gaulle as Stannis Baratheon.

Let's re-boot this (since I have dead-ended on my "Occupy" MOD idea).

I'd be willing to take a back seat role in all this. Maybe write up some pedia entries or give advice if need be.

Some things to consider:
Techs would be interesting to implement. I could imagine just off the top of my head a tech like Wildfire(for King's landing, which would allow a wildfire- launching artillery unit), Obsidian Weapons(for the Nights Watch and maybe Stannis' army as well), Religion of the Lord of Light( a government type), and maybe a tech that allows Daenerys' dragons to upgrade into bigger versions of themselves. This might seem terribley specific, but I know in EFZI 2 that there are specific tech trees for different factions. I never knew how it was done, but a similar thing might work here.

It should probably be worked out beforehand which time period we do, or if we just do an overall scenario, or even multiple scenarios depicting different points in time(something like Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire).

I think most of the units we need are already made. The only thing I can think of is a Giant riding a Mammoth, but even that we could simply split up into 2 seperate units. White Walkers also might need making.

I highly recommend using mass regicide(Stannis, Melisandre, Davos; Cersei, Tyrion, Joffrey; Robb, Caitlyn, Bran; Daenerys, Dragons 1,2,3...) King units could get special bombard bonuses, and dragons could eventually get really high lethal bombard, etc. This might work better in an epic multiplayer game.

We could simply make Daenerys a treasure unit, and King's Landing a VP location, and if anyone(herself, Dorne, Iron Islanders...) takes her to the Iron throne, they win.

Anyways, just some thoughts.

I'd be willing to take a back seat role in all this. Maybe write up some pedia entries or give advice if need be.

Some things to consider:
Techs would be interesting to implement. I could imagine just off the top of my head a tech like Wildfire(for King's landing, which would allow a wildfire- launching artillery unit), Obsidian Weapons(for the Nights Watch and maybe Stannis' army as well), Religion of the Lord of Light( a government type), and maybe a tech that allows Daenerys' dragons to upgrade into bigger versions of themselves. This might seem terribley specific, but I know in EFZI 2 that there are specific tech trees for different factions. I never knew how it was done, but a similar thing might work here.

It should probably be worked out beforehand which time period we do, or if we just do an overall scenario, or even multiple scenarios depicting different points in time(something like Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire).

I think most of the units we need are already made. The only thing I can think of is a Giant riding a Mammoth, but even that we could simply split up into 2 seperate units. White Walkers also might need making.

I highly recommend using mass regicide(Stannis, Melisandre, Davos; Cersei, Tyrion, Joffrey; Robb, Caitlyn, Bran; Daenerys, Dragons 1,2,3...) King units could get special bombard bonuses, and dragons could eventually get really high lethal bombard, etc. This might work better in an epic multiplayer game.

We could simply make Daenerys a treasure unit, and King's Landing a VP location, and if anyone(herself, Dorne, Iron Islanders...) takes her to the Iron throne, they win.

Anyways, just some thoughts.

Okay, good start.

The tribes would be:
Starks
Targaryens
Lannisters
Frey
Greyjoy
Tryells
Martells
Baratheons
Tullys
Arryns
Sworn Brothers of the Night's Watch (they would mostly be dealing with the Wildlings) who would suffer culture penalties if they took sides in the War of the Five Kings.

Mass Regicide would work.

Making King's Landing/ Iron Throne a Victory location is a great idea.

I think, tweak it a little. Start with Aegon the Conqueror, you know, at King's Landing, but have Eddard Stark at Winterfell, Balon Greyjoy at Pyke; Tywin at Lannisport (or Casterly Rock), Jeor Mormont (The Great Bear) at Castle Black, et al.

Use the Medieval Europe MOD time periods and technology and adapt those units -- seams fitting.

For ease of Modding, adapt the civs from the MEM II Mod.

Check out this Map, here, which has standard rules:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4214&act=down

And see this awesome Westeros/ Essos speculative Map:
http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/map/versions/speculative_map.jpg

Post if you come up with anything. I know I will.

Aegon the Conqueror? A bit before the timeline of the books, I wasn't under the impression we would reenact the original conquest of Westeros.

There are many more civs to add, depending on which segment we recreate, such as the Wildlings, the Brothers without Banners, the Renly/Stannis divide- and if we expand to beyond Westeros we could have the 9 cities, Slaver's Bay, the Golden Company, and more. I think the most important thing is getting a specific time frame established- say starting at the war of the 5 kings. Once we have that we can determine which civs to include and which not to.

And by the way, I think you mixed up Jorah Mormont and the Bear( Can't remember Jorah's father's name offhand).

Of course, someone would still need to take a lead role, and make these decisions. Unfortunately I don't have the time or experience to be the engine on this project.

Aegon the Conqueror? A bit before the timeline of the books, I wasn't under the impression we would reenact the original conquest of Westeros.

There are many more civs to add, depending on which segment we recreate, such as the Wildlings, the Brothers without Banners, the Renly/Stannis divide- and if we expand to beyond Westeros we could have the 9 cities, Slaver's Bay, the Golden Company, and more. I think the most important thing is getting a specific time frame established- say starting at the war of the 5 kings. Once we have that we can determine which civs to include and which not to.

And by the way, I think you mixed up Jorah Mormont and the Bear( Can't remember Jorah's father's name offhand).

Of course, someone would still need to take a lead role, and make these decisions. Unfortunately I don't have the time or experience to be the engine on this project.

Okay, right, Aegon Targaryen is going back a bit far.

Yes, let's do the War of the Five Kings. To my original list we can add the Boltons and what's-his-name beyond the wall.

Military leaders are a must. White walkers... tribe or unique unit?

Direwolves and dragons as unique units a must.

I need to know how to place cities, though.

Also, to include Pentos, Qarth, et al, I will need to adapt an Essos map, I am no artist.

Forgot about the Brotherhood.

FYI: Jeor Mormont (I edited my original post which read "Joer") is the Great Bear, commander of the Night's Watch (see Appendices in all five books).

Thanks for helping me brainstorm.

Cheers.

I made a game of thrones map recently that's in the map section of the forums that includes Esseros. Anyone who wants to use it to work on a scenario is welcome(and encouraged) to use it.

I made a game of thrones map recently that's in the map section of the forums that includes Esseros. Anyone who wants to use it to work on a scenario is welcome(and encouraged) to use it.

Thanks for the map, Bengal Tiger. We'll see what we can do.

I was thinking making the civs larger:

The North,
Riverlands,
Dorne,
Etc.

Then the use city flip (or more accurately "castle flip" to simulate
treachery, like the Freys changing sides.

Thanks, eric_A, I think that bigger civs will work. I've been busy, but will have some down time during a long travel and will get an honest start on this.

Hello,

i'm a french modder, and I have made a mod based on The Game Of Thrones. Sorry for my English ! :blush:

This mod is for PBEMs games (8 players = 8 Houses), not for to play in solo game. Why ? Because some mecanisms can't be used by IA, and because the "role-play" is esential.

In this mod, we have :

- >350 technology (100 common + 30-40 specifics by House).
- 256 buildings and wonders
- >200 units (specifics for each House)
- 30 political regimes (King of Westeros, Overlord of North, King of the North, etc etc)
- each house is very specific, in units, in style of game, and in wonders

I made the map by myself.

For start, we have the King of Westeros who must to choose his "hand" (a faithful ally). Others Lords can rebel, and take their independance, or support a new King of Westeros...or to be loyal with Robert Baratheon. The diplomacy between players is essential !!!

I created too a system with squire/knight/knight arrant/lors, like in Conquest Japan mod with Bushido.

A few pictures :

The siege of Kingslanding (Port-Réal in french) :

The Iron Island :

If you want more informations... http://www.civfr.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22026 (in french).

Hello Havrenoir. I have one question. Do you use units from this forum - do you have units which we can download from your French Civ forum?

Top Bottom