Preview and Request Thread

Blue Monkey- After doing a bit of experimentation the long bladed version, in my opinion looks rather weird as a javelin so I think i'll use the leaf headed spear as a javelin and the long bladed one for a regular spearman.

I like your medieval units and if you want fill gaps you could make some European neglected era units. There is plenty to choose. I would love to see early and late medieval Bulgarians, Hungarians, Wallachians, Croatians, Polish, Bohemians etc... Maybe some of them are made already but I think that some of this would be good asset.
There's was good images from @Jerry'sGoldfish in one of Imperator threads but now are erased.

serbs, albanians, lithuanians, irish, breton, basque, swiss, petcheneg, cumans, steppe people, alani, georgians, armenians, turks, uzbeq, afgan, volga bulgars,.... there is quite an arena of test for unit creators. the more factions are avaulable the more exact scenarios become, so one could restrain a very large map for the study of one campaign or a microregion...plotinus tried something exotic...

ps and there is one more point - we do not have a complete array of axemen, heavy javelin throwers, heavy mounted javelin throwers, nafta throwers, macemen, mace armed units in general, and we lack armed peasents (armed for war)

Some Ancient and Medieval African horse archers, light and heavy versions would be cool. Sorry I can't really find any images and I'm not sure if there was much use of horse Archers in Africa, but my mod is more generic than historical. So what I'm really asking for is some generic, non-Arabised African horse archers.

Great. I'm very poorly informed when it comes to most of Africa's history, outside of Northern Africa.

I couldn't find any pre-colonial images, but look up the Lunda Empire and Luba Kingdom for info on earlier kingdoms of central Africa.

What region are you looking for? I can find pictures for Mali-Songhai and Sudan and Ethiopia. Outside of the civilizations that had direct contact with North Africa and the rest of the world it is going to be impossible for them since they didn't leave much behind. And horses didn't make it much further than that anyway.

Thanks Shiro and Ogedei. To be honest for me it doesn't really mater that much. Any concept pictures for Balam-Agab would be useful if he does want to work on African horse archers. As I said I'm just looking for generic units as my epic mod is more of a simulation of history rather than a reinactment of history. As such it won't actually have historical nations etc and I'm trying to give all cultures the chance to develope any unit types given the right resources etc.

Having said that Ethiopian Horse archers might be good as they would fit in well with the lovely Ethiopian units already around.

I've been toiling away in small bursts and here is what I've made and have planned so far:

Africa

San/Kalahari Bushmen (Botswana/Namibia/South Africa)
Spearman:
Spoiler :

Archer:

Azande/Naim-Naim (Northeastern Congo/South Sudan/Central African Republic)
Spoiler :

Spearman:

Swordsman:

Kpingaman (axe thrower):
)

Mbuti (Congo)
Spoiler :

Spearman:

Crossbowman:

Maasai (Kenya)
Spoiler :

Lion Hunter:

For the Maasai Lion Hunter does anyone have thoughts on where to put the civ colour?

Early Picts

Spoiler :

Swordsman:

Spearman:

Javelinman:

These will become some nice units! Especially funny is the "Mickey Mouse"-swordsman of the Azande/Naim-Naim. :)

Top Bottom