Odd units blockage

Renergy

Warlord
Playing a completely easy and relaxed game, I encountered the following oddity. Save attached.

Try to move the phalanx two squares left of Chiauhtia to the right - it is impossible. Why, "in civ"? :) I am at war with the Aztecs and at peace with the Mongols. If the mongol phalanx on the left is bribed [there is a diplomat beneath my phalanx], it is suddenly possible to go right with the original phalanx (alone, without the diplomat, of course).

As if the mongol phalanx was holding my own one.. but why, I'd like to go away from it.

Sending diplomat first, and then phalanx also works, but I don't see any reason why the diplomat would be needed.

Any comments? I don't remember encountering this before.

Edit: Or is it just too late and this is ok? :confused:

Attachments

• CIVIL0.MAP
    11.6 KB · Views: 74
  • CIVIL0.SVE
    37 KB · Views: 36
  • civ_001.png
    civ_001.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 281
I think it's a perfectly normal behavior of CIV: you can never move a 'military' unit from a square with an 'enemy' unit nearby to another square with an 'enemy' unit nearby - except if the square is already occupied by one of your units or cities.

By 'military' unit, I mean all units (incl Settlers) except Diplomats and Caravan.
By 'enemy' unit, I mean all units that do not belong to you, regardless of your diplomatic status with the unit owner.

I have always known CIV with those rules, and usually circumvent such blockades with the help of Diplomats/Caravans or lengthy bypasses...

Perhaps this would be a good time to ask a question of mine...
What if there was an alliance feature that would allow you to move your military units around like diplomats?

Ah yes, I do remember reading that. Perhaps this is something to be developed upon if there is a remake?

All the described above is totally normal, what bothers me is that you can unload units from boats to any empty square even if you are in peace with them, same diplomat and Caravan should be able to move but NOT take over the square or block others... but yeah it is a favorite to have peace and move in diplomat close to enemy coty... move in a fighting unit... move diplomat to next square and starve out the city.

Hah, that's true, but since alliance is a feature that's already sort-of a part of the game, it would make sense to put it in if someone did do a remake..

Top Bottom