How did I lose?!

sav, could you load a save game from before you took Delhi and confirm whether you were missing one of the original capitals?

For some reason, speculation continued after this update:
it's a case of me not holding a capital belonging to one of the civs that was eliminated early in the game - I thought that wouldn't matter, but now I know better

FWIW, if you continue your steamroll after that archeologist dig screen, the domination victory will pop-up. It is the only VC that offers this consolation price. For me, it really takes the sting out of losing!

Note to self: never eliminate the last player standing in the way of someone else's culture victory...

You DEFFO did not control every original Capital, matey.

Rerun the game history and weep as some pesky civ gets his botty conquered by someone else!

For some reason, speculation continued after this update:

FWIW, if you continue your steamroll after that archeologist dig screen, the domination victory will pop-up. It is the only VC that offers this consolation price. For me, it really takes the sting out of losing!

Well, you omitted the part right before that where he said "I think it's a case of me not holding a capital". :lol: But yeah, let's go with that being the answer.

Top Bottom