Noob trading-Q (none AOD related)

Swaty

Chieftain
Hi.

I know this most likely doesn't belong in here, but I only play this great mod so you have to stick with me.

Been playing for a few months now and I still have not figured out how to trade just some of the resources with the natives.

Example: Say that I have 600 tradegoods loaded on my ship and only want to trade 300 of those with the natives - is it possible?

Tried left- and rightclicking, and using the control and shift and all the other buttons but havn't figured it out yet. Help? :p

u cant is the short answer. if u only want to trade 300 then u need to only take 300 on the ship into the native village. ghey? yes. possibly someone can make a workaround but im not sure.

In a way I am greatfull for that answear as I don't come out as a total noob anyway. A bit strange however, especially as you can choose how much to load on and off the ships in your own colonies and how much you buy in the europescreen.

Well, the game never really did get finished I guess.

There is actually a way to work around this problem. Put an empty wagon on your ship and then unload it it when you get to the native village. You can now unload goods from your ship to the wagon. In the case specified you would have 500 trade goods aboard your ship (1 cargo slot having been used by the wagon). Now unload 200 into your wagon leaving 300 on the ship which you can then sell.

You can reload your remaining trade goods and the wagon back onto your ship, or else send it off to trade with inland villages you might not have been able to reach before.

(Note: This works in vanilla, not sure about AOD)

In AoD you cannot put wagons on ships. Not sure why, though. It must've been seen as a sort of exploit.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

I heard of this magical creature called "Dale", I am sure he could fix stuff like this in like five minutes ^^

The point is that if it's impossible in AoD2 to load wagons onto ships (galleons, specifically) then there was a reason. *I* don't recall what that reason was, but I'm quite sure it was done on purpose, so Dale most assuredly has a reason for it. It's kind of annoying, in that when I capture enemy wagons on another continent where I don't intend to build any cities, they are useless. I tend to give them away to natives, in the vain hope it will improve my relations with them. It doesn't seem to do *me* any good, though, so I still give em away.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

True, but I assume that it was taken away just because you would not be able to transport transports in transports. I am not suggesting that at all, I just suggest you could like shift-click and decide what quanity you would trade with the natives, for example just trade 150 of the 300 guns loaded.

Top Bottom