WW2-Global

They are gone!it happened again!Week 33 1945 and all battleships lost their attack-sounds!
does anybody else got this problem and can give me an advice how to fix this?

thanks

Vericitas

In 2.3 I would like to see the German Nebelwerfer and the Russian Katyusha. They were very important artillery units.

And thanks Adler17 for the save game, I did get it to work!

Downloaded all files again.nothing changed.well, i have to live with this bug.the show must go on:p

to the mines:
i was also thinking about this in the past, but i didn´t managed to get it work in the editor.so i thought it isn´t possible.maybe you can give it a try rocoteh.
if it´s really possible to do so, you´ll have to see how the AI can handle with this.i just imagine how it would be, if the channel is full of mines.in my opinion this wouldn´t be good for the gameplay.on the other hand you could change the defense strengh of the mines.maybe this would give the human player and the AI the possibilty to destroy those mines.

Week 52 part 2:
As there are no more great fights I will only tell great battles, sea fights and captures of towns.
In this turn I was not able to take more cities but bombed several towns with my Luftwaffe. My Ju 88 shot down 4 enemy planes by loosing one.

PC turn:
Bombing runs on Saint Luis. Also about 30 US infantry spotted.

Adler

Week 1, 1943:
After my turn I will give an OoB, the last one. I expect a victory in the next time. I have to occupy 5 additional % of the land, and this should be done soon.
New Orleans is mine. Also I shelled and bombed Wolf Bay, Canada, where a KGV class BB was sunk in port. Oklahoma City is mine, too, like Winnipeg and Cochrane (where I lost 4 Panther and Tiger I to a single Matilda 2).
I bombed the enemies in my territory, including a stack of 30 US infantry. Also Salt Lake city, Denver and Little Rock are now defenseless because of my Luftwaffe.
Also Bismarck is mine!

Ordre de bataille:

Germany

Heer:
9 paratrooper
1 cavalry
7 mobile Rocket artillery
15 mobile artillery
12 Pz IV H
30 German army HQ
1 flamethrower
107 German infantry
259 Pz V Panther
107 Pz IV F2
100 8.8 FlaK
6 Pz II
4 Pz III E
3 fortress
68 Pz VI B Königstiger
9 SS infantry
26 Jagdpanther
14 Slovakian
13 German security div
37 garrison
2 heavy artillery
2 light divisions
53 Panzergrenadiere
78 PzKw VI Tiger I
24 StuG III G
27 special fortress
1 German artillery brigade
221 Pz III G
36 Hungarians
45 Rumanian inf
25 Bulgarians

Luftwaffe:
40 Ju 88
13 Me 262
22 He 219
8 Hs 129
8 Do 17
308 Ju 87 B
26 He 177
1 Me 410
10 Ju 188
35 He 111
13 Me 110
143 Me 109
66 Ju 88
147 Fw 190
21 Transport planes
2 V 1 Cruise Missile
1 V 2 Missile

Kriegsmarine:
80 BB Hindenburg class
51 BB Bismarck class
1 BB Scharnhorst 2 class
7 BB Scharnhorst class
4 BC Deutschland class
2 BB Deutschland class (Predreadnought)
71 CV C3
3 CV C2
15 CVE
8 CA C2
1 CL C2
7 CL
1 CLAA
23 DD 1941
68 DD Germany 1939
12 DD 1939
58 SS XXI
104 SS IX
260 SS VII
1 SS
3 PF
109 TR
1 special TR
13 Marines

Britain (or better: Canada!):
Army:
1 Cavalry
1 artillery
1 mobile artillery
5 infantry 1939
47 Matilda 2 tanks
6 crusader tanks
11 heavy artillery
7 British militias
2 infantry 1943

Royal air force:
17 Typhoon
3 Skua
31 Spitfire
1 Transport plane

Royal Navy:
1 BB KGV class

This makes Britain to a 2nd rate power like Italy. I won´t carry on to post here their figures, even if I reach Week 27.

USA
US Army:
5 paratrooper
10 cavalry
3 artillery
164 infantry 1939
6 M4 Shermans
2 M2A2
3 M3 Lee/ Grant
4 M3A1 Stuart
11 M 36 Jackson
8 M5A1 Stuart
23 M10 Wolverine
5 US paratrooper
5 heavy artillery
6 US heavy artillery
7 garrison
10 FlaK
2 Special fortress
194 US infantry 1943

USAAF:
8 B 29
8 F2A Buffalo
7 P51 Mustang
6 F4F Widcat
5 fighter

US Navy:
4 BB Iowa class
3 BB C2
1 CA (The Japanese must have sunk 3 of them last turn!)
8 convoys
1 TR

US Marine Corps:
6 Marines 1939
178 US Marines 1943

To be continued.

Adler

Adler, maybe you can share a screenie please .
Always when I check this scenario thread and reading your comments it makes me more curious . I can't experience this since I used my money by buying a Guitar ( I think it's better than Upgrading PC just for games ;) ) .

Aloha,

Adler 17: 100 8.8 FlaK

I have been wondering, the 88's are great in defence but I never really needed more of them than the original number. I always preferred two Pz IIIs to one 88 in terms of production, later on the Panzergreadiere took over the 88's role.

Since you are a true Pro :goodjob: when it comes to this scenario I am curious about the rationale behind 100 88's. Was it historical accuracy? Do you let govenors handle some of your towns?

You hardly produce any Gneisenau ships, Personally I build a lot of them as a sort of battle cruiser to accompany the bigger Bismarcks and Hindenburgs. Sometimes it is good to have these extra movement points. Seems like the CV C3 takes over this job with your forces? About 100 destroyers … historical accuracy again?

Only 13 German security divisions, how do you garrison the conquered territory?
Sorry about all these questions but I want to learn from the best.

Drushba

At first I built the FlaK additionally to the Panzer III in at least one town. It is a quite good defense and the best you can have at the beginning. Later it has a strong AA and so you can use them, too. I also have a few in America.
No all towns are handled by me.
The Scharnhorst class is a good ship, however if you can wait for a Bismarck in a few turns I built them only rarely. Also I have to look on the next opponents. They can for sure cope all ships until KGV class and Iowa class. The first might go but the Iowa not. Therefore I build Bismarck class BB. Otherwise I use planes also to cripple and sink the enemy and not endangering my ships. I did not lose a surface ship until now, because I was using planes and submarines instead and only dared a battle when I was sure to win. That is especially important by begininng as you have only a handful of ships.
Also Germany had in ww2 42 destroyer built, 2 additional captured (well, which were classified as destryoer) and also 49 Torpedo boats built and about 40 captured (there were also some destroyer within). I tried to build so many destroyer to be correct as I wanted to build all surface ships which were really built. I mean at least.
However I support a division of the destroyer into certain classes for all navies.
As garrisons I use from the beginning infantry and FlaK. LAter, in Russia, as it became obvious that I couldn´t upgrade the tanks I also used Panzer III or IV F2. The same in Australia. Another reason for that is that I hvae not so many infantry able to advance so fast with the tanks. Although I tried to do so, I underestimated the ammount of infantry to do so from the beginning.
Also I made some mistakes, as I did not use my first fleet with enough transports. That delayed operations in the Pacific too much.

Adler

NOOOO!!!!
I´ve accidentally deleted my save game. I have to replay the last turn!
As so I will do exactly the same. However there can be some minor changes in the OoB. But I won´t correct that.
I will now only report, if something changes dramatically.

Week 1:
I forgot last time to send 108 units built in Europe to America. That I did now. Only slight differences in the fights, nothing worth to be mentioned.

PC turn:
What a prudent manoeuvre: I am attacking Huston and the PC is attacking New Orleans. However the US marines are caught in a jungle. I will first take Huston and then take out the Marines- after bombing them with Ju 488!
Also US bombings on St. Louis again and again in the Hudson Strait a British KGV class BB is spotted.

Adler

Aloha,

Thank you for your insights Adler17!

I have civ3 for years now but never used airpower properly until recently. That changed thanks to this tread! (I didn't know that aircraft can not be damaged in airfields, thus I had to weather the enemies air raids mostly with AAA since in the time it takes to get the fighters in place and deploy them they were either bombed to bits or the panzer Blitz had already advanced further ...)

On the Scharnhorst class issue, I do build Bismarcks and Hindenburgs as well, they make up about 60-70% of my capital ships and the other 30-40% are Gneisenaus/Scharnhorsts since I usually have enough other big ships to deal with Iowas, KGV and Lion class. The Scharnhorsts do act as a true battle cruiser, fast and almost as powerful as real battleships and not primarily used against true battleships.

From what city / place do you send your reinforcements to America? What is the most efficient route in your opinion?
Would you suggest a second landing further south (even in South America perhaps)?
How many workers do you transport across the Atlantic?

Happy hunting!

I send reforces via Lissabon. From there you can get them over the lake in 8 turns. A better I don´t know. Also no workers are transported. In that state it isn´t very interesting any more.
A landing in South America is IMO not very sensefull, unless you want to finish the game entirely. Then yes. I decided to leave my current game when I reached the territorial victory. That will be soon as I have 67 % of territory. Only 3 are missing.

Adler

Week 2:
I just remarked I can´t attack the 18 enemy Marines. Okay, then I sent some reinforecements. However this US attack lead to a huge collapse in the south: Albuquerque, Houston, Dallas, Austin, El Paso, Tuscon, Phoenix, Little Rock, Denver, Regina, Thunder Bay and Miami are mine!!! Such an advance I never had in ww2 global! In one turn I am now standing from the Caribean to the Pacific (I am also sieging San Diego!). Texas was in no way a match! (is it because a certain president comes from it? ;))
4 Uboats were sunk to sink the British KGV class BB. 4 elite ones.

To be continued with the PC turn.

Adler

Attachments

• WW2B.jpg
    WW2B.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 148
In one of my previous games playing as Germany, I sent a force to take San Juan and Panama in early 1941. I thought this was a good idea as it funnels the US ships South where I had a few Bismarcks and Uboats to destroy them.
Although I did have to fortify Panama with a lot of troops to halt US counter-attacks.

I am back again after spending more then 3 weeks in the wilderness.

My intention is to answer all posters although I will not have the time
to answer all individiual posts.

On the future:

The interest for CIV 3 scenarios still seems to be strong.

With a massive support from Firaxis the interest for CIV 4 scenarios
have increased heavily.

Its now 2 years since Firaxis ceased to support CIV 3.
One can only wonder how strong CIV 3 would have been if they had
allocated resources to one more patch!!!

With CIV 3 unsupported the future will no doubt be tough.
However I will continue my work with scenario-creation as long
as my scenarios are alive.

Rocoteh

William GBTW,

Thank you for the reports.

Your playtest of Finland was one of the first reported.

Playing Finland seems to be hard although not impossible.
Of course one have to make house-rules for victory.

Anyway it should be interesting for those who find major powers
to easy to play.

Welcome back.

Rocoteh

BadKharma said:
I think it would make this scenario more interesting if you started with the world situation in december 1941 with the majority of europe and part of russia under german occupation. And a good portion of China under Japanese control. Since the US wasnt involved in the War until then it seems weird playing the US in 1939.

BadKharma,

Its possible there will be a 1941 version sometimes in the future.

With regard to US in the war September 1939 this is due to the
game-engine. It does not permit a CIV to enter the war on a predetermined
side after the scenario have started.

Rocoteh

The Loser said:
Hi all,

I've been playing as the germans for a while now.
But there's one small remark.
During the German occupation in Belgium, there were many Belgian people who Helped the germans fight against the russians.
For a belgian like me it would be cool to see this in the game as a realisme factor.
Perhaps a unit-wonder or somethin, i don't know.
I'm just sayin this, do with it what you want

For the rest: best scenario ever!!! :goodjob:

The Loser,

Thank you for the positive words.

Its possible I will include an autoproduced pro-German Belgian unit
in the next version of WW2-Global.

Rocoteh

Top Bottom