City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

You should just disable one branch of the policies (the Patronage), not whole mod.

Hey I'm trying to use this mod with Ingame Editor but it prevents me from choosing city production and viewing terrain elements.

Any suggestions?

(For reference I'm on BNW, and used the download with DLL.)

Been thinking about the embassy improvement (the one the great diplomat builds). How do you feel about giving it a small terrain boost, e.g.+1 or +2 food?

I always feel kind of sorry for the CS when I come marching in with my GD and destroy their improvement just to build one of my own as it leaves the tile unimproved from their point of view.

\Skodkim

Hey I'm trying to use this mod with Ingame Editor but it prevents me from choosing city production and viewing terrain elements.

Any suggestions?

(For reference I'm on BNW, and used the download with DLL.)

Using EUI?
G

Been thinking about the embassy improvement (the one the great diplomat builds). How do you feel about giving it a small terrain boost, e.g.+1 or +2 food?

I always feel kind of sorry for the CS when I come marching in with my GD and destroy their improvement just to build one of my own as it leaves the tile unimproved from their point of view.

We could, but CSs barely do anything yields-wise anyways... :)
G

Hello. I download this mod just a few days ago and I am really enjoying it! However I do have a few questions. I would appreciate any help with this. Sorry if the answers are burred somewhere in this thread.

1) The Embassies: If you go to war with a city-state and destroy another Civ's embassy, do they lose the 1 vote they got? If so can you now build your embassy and claim the vote?

2) Disabled changes: Your tweeks to the Mausolem of Halicarnassus and the Reliquary Belief, how do you enable them?

3) Enhanced User Interface: I am using this mod and made the listed change for it to work. I think there is a glitch though. Whenever I move the cursor over the "+# Science" in the upper left hand corner, the window popup appears, but then it appears again over everything I put the cursor over. I figured out that to stop the glitch you just move the cursor over any of the other "+# whatever" in the upper left hand corner. Am I the only one with this glitch?

4) The Diplomatic Units: They all say that you will receive a large amount of gold when you use them, however every time i move one to any city-state I have often gotten 0 to 1 gold...that is not a "large amount". Am I doing something wrong?

5) Grand Temple: Getting 1 vote for every 6 cities that follow your religion. Do the city-states count as "Cities" or is it only cities built by yourself and other Civs?

6) Multiplayer mod: Does this mod trick from this post work for CSD?http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523450

Thank you for your time and help!

If you are able to claim land from a CS with a general, and you take the plot with an embassy, does it open that CS to another embassy?

Still loving this mod. Its my base game now :)

Had acouple of wars going on and the revolution quest kicked in. Really felt like there was a spill over effect. So a couple a questions:

1) Is there a way to adjust the frequency so you get more revolutions?
2) Is there a way to make it happen when a CS's ally goes to war or loses their capital?

I didn't see a LUA script anywhere. Is this all done in the DLL?

Also I was thinking that it would be nice to have an ambassador unit that can "paradrop" but make it a flight (use an airplane icon for the button) so they can travel farther in the late game. They would require an airport to build and maybe more paper but it would be nice as an upgrade.

1) The Embassies: If you go to war with a city-state and destroy another Civ's embassy, do they lose the 1 vote they got? If so can you now build your embassy and claim the vote?
You can't destroy embassies, but if the CS is captured, they lose their extra vote.
2) Disabled changes: Your tweeks to the Mausolem of Halicarnassus and the Reliquary Belief, how do you enable them?
See the options.sql file.
3) Enhanced User Interface: I am using this mod and made the listed change for it to work. I think there is a glitch though. Whenever I move the cursor over the "+# Science" in the upper left hand corner, the window popup appears, but then it appears again over everything I put the cursor over. I figured out that to stop the glitch you just move the cursor over any of the other "+# whatever" in the upper left hand corner. Am I the only one with this glitch?
Not sure.
4) The Diplomatic Units: They all say that you will receive a large amount of gold when you use them, however every time i move one to any city-state I have often gotten 0 to 1 gold...that is not a "large amount". Am I doing something wrong?
That's just a hang-over from the Great Merchant text.
5) Grand Temple: Getting 1 vote for every 6 cities that follow your religion. Do the city-states count as "Cities" or is it only cities built by yourself and other Civs?
Yes they count.
6) Multiplayer mod: Does this mod trick from this post work for CSD?http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523450
Not sure.
If you are able to claim land from a CS with a general, and you take the plot with an embassy, does it open that CS to another embassy?
Yes.
Yes, in the quests folder there is an SQL file with the frequency values for the revolutions in it.
2) Is there a way to make it happen when a CS's ally goes to war or loses their capital?
Eh?
I didn't see a LUA script anywhere. Is this all done in the DLL?
DLL

G

Yes, in the quests folder there is an SQL file with the frequency values for the revolutions in it.

Not seeing a sql in the quetss folder only xml with text. digging through other sql it didn't jump out at me

Eh?

Just wondering what the triggers could be. If a major ally goes to war or it loses its capital it would be cool to have the revolution quest kick in.

You can't destroy embassies, but if the CS is captured, they lose their extra vote.

If you completely conquer a civ, do you gain control of all their embassies? It would appear to be so in my game, just want to make sure this is supposed to be the case.

If you completely conquer a civ, do you gain control of all their embassies? It would appear to be so in my game, just want to make sure this is supposed to be the case.

Yes.

Just wondering what the triggers could be. If a major ally goes to war or it loses its capital it would be cool to have the revolution quest kick in.

The trigger is unhappiness and ideological unhappiness. Also I sent you to the wrong spot. In CSD, go to DLL/AddDefines.sql and look for:

INSERT INTO Defines (
Name, Value)
SELECT 'BARBARIAN_HORDE_FREQUENCY', '300';

INSERT INTO Defines (
Name, Value)
SELECT 'QUEST_REBELLION_FREQUENCY', '700';

Increase the numbers to increase frequency.

G

Hello, downloaded this mod a few days ago and was really enjoying it.

However, there was some sudden trouble with using the mod so I registered here to ask about it.

Specifically, there's been trouble with the modified dll file, it seems; at the end of turn 142 the game crashes while processing barbarian turns, no matter what I do. Specifically, the error event log goes like this:

- <EventData>
<Data>CivilizationV_DX11.exe</Data>
<Data>1.0.3.144</Data>
<Data>525863c1</Data>
<Data>CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll</Data>
<Data>3.0.3.0</Data>
<Data>54510d6c</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>002721d9</Data>
<Data>1a38</Data>
<Data>01d078593fefb85e</Data>
<Data>D:\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\CivilizationV_DX11.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Users\Windows7\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 26)\CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll</Data>
<Data>138db14a-e44e-11e4-b341-d050990db54f</Data>
</EventData>

Funny thing is, this isn't the first game I had with this mod; the previous two games with this dll version progressed flawlessly to the end, and I didn't add any new mods between them and this one. Also, looking at the mod list I don't think any of them are using modified dlls, which you said would interfere with the mod.

I'll post my active mod list in case that might help, though they worked perfectly well together in previous games:

Leugi's Israel Civilization
Aw's Swiss Confederacy Civilization
Bison and Cocoa Implementation
Capture+
Cities of Marble
CSD
Convert Production into Food
Dynamic Culture Overview
Future Tech Does Something Beyond Score Increase
International Utopia Project
Kievan Rus Civilization
Expanded Mercenary Army
Really Advanced Setup
Reseed!
Separate Great People Counters
Sumer Civilization
The Goths Civilization
The Hittites Civilization
The Sioux Civilization
The Timurids Civilization
UI - Great Work Manager
UI - Religion Spread
Units - Subs Ignore Borders
Wonder Race

I would really appreciate some help. I was getting to love this mod a lot, and not being able to use it after having gotten a good taste of it would be pretty depressing. As would be having to use the non-dll version; apparently it disables the great World Congress resolution expansions, which I was starting to like very much.

So I've got an issue I think I've traced to CSD. Whenever I'm at war, city nameplates don't update when population or production changes. Also, diplomacy windows (the drop-down and summary both) get super broken. The drop-down won't display anything, and the diplomacy window itself shows "no city-states met" even if I've met some. Final broken element is some city-state nameplates break apart, showing different elements spread out over an area, with incorrect names, religion, and other info.

I can post my mod list and probably my DB if that'll help.

if you click a CS, there is no info for "protected by"
this info is just shown, if you hover over the CS

You can't use CSD with whoward's DLL - Various Mod Components mod, as both have a DLL, and they overwrite each other. As such, you'll need to switch to the Combined DLL version of Whoward's DLL, or to the Community Patch DLL, and use one of the 'enabler' files to make them function. I'd recommend moving to the Community Patch + CSD, but that's just me.

G

How does one 'move to the Community Patch + CSD'? Is there a link you could provide? It seems that many of your users can't navigate this forum as easily as the modders can...

I'm using the Community Patch(v66) + CSD(v26), and just ran into the infinite Great Diplomat spam problem upon building the Roman Forum. I assume it's because they both have a DLL, but I can't seem to find a way to fix it without downloading the CBP, which I do not want. I just want these two mods.

So, where should your users go to find the correct enabler files?

I've already tried the Whowards pick'n'mix Diplomacy fix, and even the earlier linked hotfix to v63, as well as applying the .sql hotfix from 63 to 66.

To be clear again, my list of mods is:
Community Patch (v66)
City State Diplomacy Mod for Brave New World (v26)
Faster Aircraft Animations
and the EUI mod(1_25) that doesn't appear in the list.

Everything is working fine, except for the GD spam. I just need to fix that :)

Final thought: You should definitely add a Protocol Droid in the future era as a diplomatic unit. Maybe inside the Mech Infantry tech? Thanks for the mod, it's been amazing to play with!

Top Bottom