Work in progess and Previews

Horses weren't introduced to Japan until the Dark Ages- time period anyways :mischief:
But I won't say no to a horse archer anyways! :D

Horses were introduced to Japan during Kofun period.
The earliest found art of horses in Japan are from at least 400ad. But it is possible horses were here earlier. They Emishi were destroyed in 800ad. And the Emishi were famous for horse archery.

And what timeframe are these guys from? :)
They are from 100-900ad

Shiro, you totally saved me the time of creating Ainu units for the Ainu civs in my Sengoku scenario...I mean, these are full-well in the boundary of being used as Ainu warriors, so there should be no problem with accuracy. Thank you!
The Emishi could be used for Ainu, because many Emishi would become the Ezo, and go to Hokkaido. And the Jomon unit too.
The Kumaso are maybe Ainu... because they are called "Bear people" and in Ainu religion the bear is the most important animal. They may also be called bear people because they are hairy like Ainu.
Tsuchigumo I don't think should be used for Ainu or Yamato.
But the Sengoku is in the 1500s. And these unit's armor is about 1000 years too old.

The "bear" warrior could also possibly work for early Koreans as well; the bear was a totem creature and is a central figure in the Dangun myth.

But the Sengoku is in the 1500s. And these unit's armor is about 1000 years too old.

But as far as my research of the Ainu/Ezo has shown (and I must stress, it's not the easiest culture to investigate and learn about, simply because not enough is known), they made hardly any real technological advancement. Then again, I have absolutely no knowledge about the Ainu during the Sengoku next to that Daimyo that were settled in the north subdid rebelions that flared up in their provinces at the end of the Sengoku period. Do you by chance know a site with references for Ainu warriors during the Sengoku or have any descriptions I could at least go off of?

But as far as my research of the Ainu/Ezo has shown (and I must stress, it's not the easiest culture to investigate and learn about, simply because not enough is known), they made hardly any real technological advancement. Then again, I have absolutely no knowledge about the Ainu during the Sengoku next to that Daimyo that were settled in the north subdid rebelions that flared up in their provinces at the end of the Sengoku period. Do you by chance know a site with references for Ainu warriors during the Sengoku or have any descriptions I could at least go off of?

The Ainu would have worn the traditional clothes they wear now. And would have a curved sword, bows, and crossbows. A possible UU for Ainu might be stone crossbow. The wouldn't have had armor, but if they did, it would be from Northern Honshu.

The Ainu would have worn the traditional clothes they wear now. And would have a curved sword, bows, and crossbows. A possible UU for Ainu might be stone crossbow. The wouldn't have had armor, but if they did, it would be from Northern Honshu.

Didn't Steph convert some Ainu, which could at least be used for reference?

Didn't Steph convert some Ainu, which could at least be used for reference?
Steph doesn't remember that. He doubts Ainu were included in Cossacks : European war or American Conquest.
He doesn't think it was included either in Chariot of wars, centered on ancient middle east.

I haven't read the entire thread, but why 3 eras & not 4?

-Oz

Because I have not finished it yet. I usually post my progress so that people can comment. Instead of just releasing a finished unit or head

Steph doesn't remember that. He doubts Ainu were included in Cossacks : European war or American Conquest.
He doesn't think it was included either in Chariot of wars, centered on ancient middle east.

The Prophet speaks ... and now I'm going to go starkers trying to recall where and if I saw Ainu units ... here's to early onset Alzheimer's :crazyeye:

-Oz

EDIT/P.S. Ah! I think I was remembering Shiro's plans for Kumaso, Emishi, and Tsuchigumo.

-O

Because I have not finished it yet. I usually post my progress so that people can comment. Instead of just releasing a finished unit or head

Ah. Well, IMHO what you have posted looks superb :thumbsup:

-Oz

EDIT/P.S. Ah! I think I was remembering Shiro's plans for Kumaso, Emishi, and Tsuchigumo.
Then perhaps you should post in Shiro's thread a suggestion for Shiro to use Shiro's preview as reference for Shiro's units... :crazyeye:

Then perhaps you should post in Shiro's thread a suggestion for Shiro to use Shiro's preview as reference for Shiro's units... :crazyeye:

:lol: I didn't realize you had an advanced degree in tautology. ;)

ShiroKobbure said:
Update on Sejong, I wanted him to wear something like Princess Hour, but I didn't have anything.

Awesome work there. :goodjob: The Shilla crown is a real nice touch. :D

One little thing, however: Shouldn't the emblem in the third era be a regular Taeguk symbol? If I recall correctly, that variant of the Taeguk symbol was the symbol of the Goryeo empire. The "Taeguk" symbol that appears on the South Korean flag now was the symbol of the late Joseon and Daehan Jeguk periods.

Top Bottom