Hall of Fame Rules/FAQ

superslug
If the turn after victory was 1505AD, and I've got the 1495AD save. Is that the turn before?
Cause I'd like to continue playing till the end and re-submit. But if it's the 1500AD save I need, then I'm out of luck. Course if I had saved, Mapstat would have told me I was over the limit? Or does the Domination trigger in the IBT?

EDIT: I have AUTOSAVE1500AD.sav that loads!

Ljdjr said:
Course if I had saved, Mapstat would have told me I was over the limit? Or does the Domination trigger in the IBT?
Domination triggers after the upkeep phase but before you can move any units. Mapstat would let you know if you were over the Domination limit at the end of the prior turn, but cultural boundaries could expand over the Domination limit between turns. That's why even with Mapstat around the old Domination-reload exception is still around.

Ljdjr said:
EDIT: I have AUTOSAVE1500AD.sav that loads!
That's the one you'll need if you decide to continue with the game. 1495 would be two turns back and outside the exception policy.

Just post what you decide so we know if we need to switch the submission to excluded.

Okay. Thanks for clearing up the Win timing. So if you militarily cross the limit, or settle over the limit, you can fix your mistake. If you catch it, before the end of the turn. But culturally cross the line, and you're screwed.

Please change my Submission to excluded. I'd like to resubmit for Histographic. My first one ever.
Thank you. :D

Ill let superslug confirm this, but I think your last conclusion was wrong : if you culturally cross the line, youre allowed to reload to fix this no?

LulThyme said:
Ill let superslug confirm this, but I think your last conclusion was wrong : if you culturally cross the line, youre allowed to reload to fix this no?
He recently discovered this. ;) I think by "screwed" he meant you have to use the reload exception, but the game's still valid.

Denniz said:
You should try Dianthus' MapStat (CRpSuite). Close to domination limit it will warn you. After you abandon your cities you can save and manually open the save in MapStat to see if you did enough. :thumbsup:

I use MapStat but when you have city borders that are close I sometimes miscalculate the number that will fill in. It always catches me by suprise when it happens because I'm pretty good at predicting how the borders will fill in. Thanks for the tip BTW.

Can you cause a city to riot during Anarchy in order to prevent starvation? :)

I think you can cause a city to riot, but you can't add workers or settlers to it while its either rioting and/or starving. This is basically to prevent the Worker Dogpile exploit.

EMan said:
Can you cause a city to riot during Anarchy in order to prevent starvation? :)
With the current wording:
You may deliberately riot a city only in order to preserve a wonder (great or small) prebuild from finishing too early.

I would say no. But like MOTH said, the intention of that ruling is to avoid the dogpile exploit. For now I suggest you avoid doing that until we decide if preventing starvation is an exploit or not. I'm guessing you think it's not an exploit, right? ;)

Dianthus said:
For now I suggest you avoid doing that until we decide if preventing starvation is an exploit or not.
It's an exploit.

Well I guess 'slug beat me to it! Good to see you're still alive 'slug....Missed You! :)

There are times when the only way to prevent starvation is to riot a city. When you go through a change of government and you are in Anarchy there may be starvation if you don't riot the city.

To answer your question Dianthus: I don't think it's any more an exploit than rioting a city to prevent a "Pre-build" Wonder being built.......both situations can theoretically be avoided with good planning! :)

EMan said:
I don't think it's any more an exploit than rioting a city to prevent a "Pre-build" Wonder being built.......both situations can theoretically be avoided with good planning! :)
I do see a difference though between preserving a prebuild and preserving some population. Once a cities food situation is stabilized (post-anarchy in your example) you can easily replace those population losses by dumping in workers/settlers. With a prebuild preserve, if you riot, the "balance" is that you're wasting production turns in an (assumably) core city.

If I were to allow starvation-prevention rioting, as you say during even anarchy, you lose nothing and essentially gain "free food". For just a few turns it's not likely to be gamebreaking or significantly impactful on score, but it's still not something I care to do, given that larger "free food" exploits are banned.

My off-the-cuff response is: So, you start a Pre-build 1, 2 or however many turns later, so rioting is unnecessary!.........But, I see the logic to the Rule and I think it's a good one! :goodjob:

Well I think an area we can agree on: It's difficult to define "Red/Orange" rules and it's also difficult to define the exceptions to the rules. :)

Wow, we are banning the rioting during Anarchy now? :eek: Anyway, what's about unintentional riot? I don't know about you, but I'm usually on vacation during the anarchy period.:) For example, if I know it's going to be x turns of anarchy, I usually ignore my people for the x-1 turns (just hit the spacebar to skip turn...let my people alone to work out their politics, etc; it's really pointless for me to interfere). Of course, I will be back to do some micromanagement at the end of turn x-1 to make sure everything is ok before my people select the new government.

Moonsinger said:
Wow, we are banning the rioting during Anarchy now? :eek:
Anarchy came up because that was in EMan's example. The more specific decision was to ban intentional rioting for purposes of avoiding starvation.

Moonsinger said:
Anyway, what's about unintentional riot?
Totally fine. That's just normal gameplay.

I was just wondering...how many slots available for QuarterMaster table? I hope it's more than 10 slots...meaning that there could be more than 10 QuarterMasters, right?

Moonsinger said:
I was just wondering...how many slots available for QuarterMaster table? I hope it's more than 10 slots...meaning that there could be more than 10 QuarterMasters, right?
There's no programmed cap for the number of Quartermasters, nor is there a cap for the four event awards, so there can be more than 10. There is a hypothetical limit, given that all QC games must actively be on the HOF tables, but given all the slots available, I doubt we'll hit that.

Top Bottom