Hall of Fame Rules/FAQ

Take the Octathlon List:

Looks to me like the Average Rank is the average rank of ALL highest-achieved ranking per game-level listed in the HOF tables, whether it be 6, 7 or 8 levels played.

But if you have 8 entries, shouldn't the Average Rank be taken for the BEST 6 Ranks?..........the people with only 6 entries and a high Ranking can skip the last 2 levels and keep their Ranking high!? :crazyeye:

Don't you want to encourage Players to play at all levels and not be deterred by having their Average Ranking adversely affected? ;)

Eman,
This would mean that those people who don't own C3C are further disadvantaged as they cannot play for the less populated Sid and C3C Diety positions anyway.

MOTH said:
Eman,
This would mean that those people who don't own C3C are further disadvantaged as they cannot play for the less populated Sid and C3C Diety positions anyway.

Alright, separate versions of HoF for every civ iteration and patch :mischief: . But that may be something to consider for Civ 4, getting off on the right foot.

I don't complain about it as I could shell out the money, but there are also the Mac players who have no choice except Vanilla.

Its now impossible for a non-C3C player to get the Tiny-Chieftain-Conquests now that the Maya have taken over.

MOTH said:
Its now impossible for a non-C3C player to get the Tiny-Chieftain-Conquests now that the Maya have taken over.

I believe you mean the Incan (not Mayan) has taken over.;)

MOTH said:
How can you call yourself a Civ-Fanatic and NOT play Conquests? :lol:

EMan said:
How can call youself a Civ-Fanatic and NOT play Conquests? :lol:

I bought Civ3 Gold shortly before they anounced Civ3 Complete and paid too much for it.

Ok, the real answer is I'm afriad I would lose my Wife and Job if I had another version of Civ3 and could waste my time playing both GOTM and COTM and HOF.

EMan said:
How can you call yourself a Civ-Fanatic and NOT play Conquests? :lol:

Quite easily, I imagine...

Having vanilla civ3 and PTW is enough to feed an addiction, I think... ;)

EMan said:
Take the Octathlon List:
The Octathlon Award is definitely something I've been mulling over, practically since we created it. The original intention was to have it be purely all eight levels, but we decided that would discriminate against all nonC3C users (Mac or otherwise), hence the Regular/Veteran/Elite.

That decision obviously instigated some complexity and possible inequities, but it also allowed for inclusiveness, as you can complete the FullQC circuit with Vanilla/PTW.

If I decide to adjust Octathlon, it won't be before June.

I have a question about a submission. I wanted to do the quartermaster thing & started out with a small warlod domination game. I finished the game & was going to submit, this would be my first HOF submission, only I don't have the 4000BC save. I was sure I had saved it, but it just isnt there. Anyway, I used seed beast to extract the settings & then started a game with these settings so it is a 4000 BC save of the game, just not the actual 4000 BC save I started with. Can I submit with this or is this game worthless now?

What's the earliest actual save from the game you do have? The seedbeast thing isn't going to work.

superslug said:
What's the earliest actual save from the game you do have? The seedbeast thing isn't going to work.

1990 BC, I'll just try again I wasn't very happy with the win date anyway (250 AD)

In the Quartermaster table, my Histographic win is scored at 9.57. How is this number arrived at?

Not complaining--I did just a quickie Histographic to finish Quartermaster. But now I'd like to understand what would be needed to move up the table.

bluejay said:
In the Quartermaster table, my Histographic win is scored at 9.57. How is this number arrived at?
Since the Fastest Finish events are ranked on a ten point scale, the Histographic list has to be adjusted to that in order for Full QC scaling.

For you that means 43users/10 x 41(your position)=9.57.

superslug said:
Since the Fastest Finish events are ranked on a ten point scale, the Histographic list has to be adjusted to that in order for Full QC scaling.

For you that means 43users/10 x 41(your position)=9.57.

43/10 * 41 = 176.3 :lol:

(you really mean ( (10 - 1) / (43 - 1) * (41 - 1) ) + 1 :D )

Shows what I get for trying to sneak in a quick post at work. Thanks.

Question about this Wonder Victory thing:

From what I understand, it acts like a Histograph win/loss, just earlier than 2050. Do wonder victory wins count under histograph, or something else? Do they get the early finish bonus or not for the winning civ?

To give you a Quick & Dirty answer: AFAIK, Wonder Victories count for NOUGHT in the HOF! ;)

Top Bottom