Raliuven SG3 AWE Persia

Let's find out where the Aztecs are (if we don't already know), then take them out quickly. Better to have fewer enemies, and it looks like the Aztecs are weaker than my lungs at the moment.

Looks good, Elephantium!

I've got it. I should be able to start playing this afternoon.

Let's find out where the Aztecs are (if we don't already know), then take them out quickly. Better to have fewer enemies, and it looks like the Aztecs are weaker than my lungs at the moment.

If you accept our capital as the center of the universe (because, hey, it is), then I believe the Aztecs are up and to the left (Northwestern). If you want a more wordly view, then they are on the northeast coast of thier island. Of course by 'their island' I mean our second island that we just haven't got around to populating yet. :lol:

P.S. I hope you lungs are doing better and are not quite as green as the Aztecs. :)

We've made some progress, but a blitzkrieg it is not. Things slowed down a bit when a 3/3 spear took our cav army from 10 hp to 1, but I already felt like I was spending all my time walking around before that. Starting offensives is not my forte. However, there were no catastrophes, and we got steam power for free, so the next player can speed things up.

I started researching electricity, thinking we'd head to replaceable parts next.

Spoiler :

Turn 0:
Wake some units. Upgrade galleys to galleons. Move some units from the center of the continent out toward the edge.
IBT: Dutch land near Den Helder. Learn Banking, start ToG.

Turn 1:
Set science to 70%, ToG in 5.
Vet Immortals dies taking invading Crusader to 2/4 near Den Helder. Move units so we can take back the towns once we lose them.
Load boats for Korea.

IBT: Dutch take Den Helder, lose a lb attacking Ura Tyube.
Koreans land a settler pair.

Turn 2:
Kill a spear and crusader at Den Helder. Immortals promotes to elite.
Immortals kills settler pair.
IBT: Lots of landings -settler pair in north, longbows and MDI on island.

turn 3
E Immortals retakes Den Helder.
Kill MDI and 2 LB on small island
Land in Korea

IBT:
Landing on bananas. Koreans settle Suvon.

Turn 4:
E* immortals burns Suvon.
Kill three spears, burn Pyongsong?, get 4 workers. Cav army is redlined.
Kill two spears, burn Manpo, get a worker and a treb.
Rush some cavs.
IBT: 3 Cavs, 5 longbows, and 3 spears land on our small island. It takes 3 longbows to kill our exposed immortal in the ruins of Manpo. We lose another immortals near the newly settled Shiraz, on bananas.

Turn 5:
Killed all but 2 longbows on small island. Moved a lot of units.
IBT: Movement. Lose 2 redlined units on small island. Arabs start Newton's.

Turn 6:
Kill the small island longbows.
Kill a musket, a spear, a MDI, and a boat at Shiraz, burning it.
Kill 3 spears, raze Cheju getting 4 workers and a catapult.
IBT: Movement. Learn ToG, get Steam for free :) Start Electricity - 22 turns at 50%

Turn 7: Moving around. Starting to rail.
IBT: 4 longbows die to a musket. Longbow kills immortals once the musket gets to 2/5.

Turn 8:
Bombard Ulsan, then kill 3 spears and a longbow. Raze the city, collect 9 workers.
Movement.
IBT: Arabs finish Magellan's. Koreans sink an empty galleon.

Turn 9:
Moving around.
IBT: Arabs show up in Korean lands. Arabs land a cav near our departure spot.

Turn 10:
Kill the cav. Move and rail.

Attachments

• RSG3 1250AD.SAV
    247.2 KB · Views: 168
I have not had a chance to look yet, but it sounds like it is starting to be a fun time! Toxicman007 are you well enough to pick up the save?

Roster
Raliuven (warming up)
Elephantium
CKS (just played)
Toxicman007 (Playing???)
TheOverseer714 (On deck)

@Toxicman007 - sorry to hear that. Hope you are better soon!

Overseer that gives it to you if you can grab it. Otherwise I might have time tonight to play a set. As an FYI - It is unlikekly I will have time to play this weekend; Sunday evening perhaps. So if we hit the weekened and I come up, someone can feel free to grab it and I'll swap.

Roster
Raliuven (on deck)
Elephantium (warming up)
CKS
Toxicman007 (skip)
TheOverseer714 (Playing)

I am currently unable to use my Civ3 computer, so take a set if you want, I should have access by the weekend/

Thanks - this is a got it. I wasn't able to play last night but I will get a set done tonight so that it is free for the weekend.

Roster
Elephantium (warming up)
CKS
Toxicman007 (skip)
Raliuven (swap - Playing)
TheOverseer714 (swap - on deck)

I didn't finish last night so this is just a quick status report. I will get the rest of it done tonight and posted so it is available for the weekend

Korea is folding; they have no resources and are defending with spears at the moment. We've captured plenty of slaves and artillery.

The first combat with an elite I got a GL and formed a new Cavalry army :D but this is balanced by the fact that Arabia appeared with Cavalry (about one per turn). The first time an Arabian Cavalry appeared it killed one of the Immortal Armies I had allowed to slip to 8/13 health. :(

The Military Academy has been constructed and the Pentagon started.

We have a few settlers on the other landmass but I have not settled a city just yet. The immediate area around the landing zone is just about clear and I want a few defenders that can repel cavalry attacks, though Arabia appears to be the only civ with horse and salt (though we don't know the Greek yet).

Rails are make good progress and our line is complete from our core to the eastern port for our ships. Our shipchain is also established.

I'm not sure if it was noted before but we are hurting cultural vs the AI (no big surprise there :lol:) so I have been razing with an eye on replacing, though at this point it is probably more about all out extermination. Once the more remote areas of our empire are railed we will have a second flood of units to drop on the other island. :hammer:

Sorry, I guess "Arabs show up in Korean lands. Arabs land a cav near our departure spot," wasn't much of a warning that they had cavalry in Korea. That was bad luck to lose an immortals army, but they aren't hardy or speedy in the age of cavalry, so it isn't a big deal. Replacing it with a cav army is very nice.

Things sound good.

I must have missed your note about Cavs. :( But things are looking up. Oddly we are now average to Arabia. How the heck is that? I spent some time building infrastructure and put up a few aquas to help our core. I put down some water so that we can use the mountains, etc. But Arabia seems like the only real enemy left - they are the only ones with salt & horses and I think once we push through Korea that we'll be on their border.

Preflight

Turn 240 [1250AD]

Civilian units:[/U]
Settler 1
Workers 31
Slaves Many

Military units:
Archers 2
Spears 15
Horsemen 1
Pikemen 8
Longbows 2
Musketmen 2
Cavalry 25
Immortals 38
Cannon 28
Galley 1
Frigate 1
Galleon 14
Army 3 (2 immortals, 1 cavalry)
Ancient Cavalry 2

Unit Support:
Total Units: 174
Allowed Units: 186
Support Cost: 0 gpt

Enemies/Hit list:
Aztecs=>Strong compared to
Arabia=>Strong compared to
Korea=>Strong compared to
Nethermans=>Strong compared to
America=>Eliminated
Carthage=>Eliminated

Victory
Persian % of World Area: 35
Persian % of World Population: 40

Research: Electricity, 10 turns +22 gpt, 1586 in the bank.

Due a round of MM and get down to 8t @ +22gpt. Electricity will be nice to give us irrigation in our mainland. About time! :crazyeye:

The cultural center of the world we are not! Persia: 4028. Arabia: 16006. We do have top score at 1750. Korea is the next closet at 1402, but not for long since we are crushing them into the dirt at the moment. :D

Goals for the next ten turns:

Get our Rail backbone into place.
Found our first city on the other continent so we can start importing more luxuries. Korea has some nice gems that would look good on our Persian ladies.
Secure southern tip of the 2nd Continent to cover our backs.
Eliminate Korea.

IBT
Our exposed 3/5 archer dies flawlessly to a Korean 3/3 LB.
A Korean 4/4 caravel dies to our 3/3 galley, -2hp.
Korea lands two 3/3 LB on the southern island.
Arabia lands a MDI & Settler on the western peninsula .

Military Academy builds. Try to stop us now!
Start the Pentagon.
Koreans & Dutch start Shakespeare.

Turn 241 [1255AD]

4/4 Cav vs Arabian 3/3 MDI – win, -1hp. Capture 2 new slaves. Put them to work on a road.
5/5 cav vs Korean 3/3 LB – flawless win and immediate get a GL! Rename him Bow Slayer (Cavalry)* & immediately convert him into an army. Load the Bow Slayers and they are now the Cyrus Loving Uber Bow Slayers, or just The CLUBS for short. Send The CLUBS back to the mainland to make the crossing to Korea.
Cannon takes 1hp off remaining LB. 3/3 cav vs 2/3 LB – win, promote vet.
Frigate bombards Korean galley that dropped off LB and hits it for -2hp (2/4).

Bombard Paegam with artillery – cannons go 6 for 7 with some to spare and redline all three spears. 4/4 immortal vs 1/3 spear – lose, of course. Grrr. 4/4 Immortal vs 1/3 spear – flawless win. CIA kills the last two spears. Goes elite but the 2nd spear -5hp damage. Raze the city. Pick up 5 slaves and a treb.

P’yongyang is vulnerable to 1st Cav Army. Army kills 2 spear. 4/4 cav vs 4/4 spear – retreat, - 2hp. 4/4 cav vs 3/3 spear – flawless win.

IBT
Arabia builds Smiths in Damascus.
Aztec galley advances on our landing site.

Turn 242 [1260AD]
Use Galleon Chain to drop off The CLUBS and load it with awaiting cavalry. It is now a 13/13 cav army.
4/4 frigate vs Korean 2/4 galley – flawless win.

2nd Battle for P’yongyang – 10/13 DIE vs 4/4 spear – win, -2hp. 4/4 cav vs 4/4 spear – win, -1hp to a treb, flawless win otherwise. 4/4 cav vs 3/3 spear – win, -2hp. Raze the city w/Hanging Gardens. Its no good to us anyway. Capture 4 trebs and 5 workers.

We are up to 2014gp; every time we sack a Korean city we pick up a few hundred gold.

IBT

Aztec 3/3 galley loses to our 3/3 galleon, -1hp.
Dutch finish Newton in Amsterdam

Turn 243 [1265AD]

3/5 Immortal vs 1/3 Korean LB – flawless win.
The CLUBS go for a walk to examine the Korean core defense. They find Pusan. 1st Cave move to join them for the attack next turn.
CIA is sent down w/artillery to take out Kaesong because a road is needed to move the cannons over the mountains.
Cannons redline an incoming Arabian Caravel – 3/3 frigate redlines but sinks it, goes vet. Put to port for repairs.

Rails now lead from core to eastern ship chain.

IBT
The Dutch request an audience. Poor William is lonely. Too bad!
Wow! DIE is slain by an incoming Arabian cav! The cav is redlined.

Turn 244 [1270AD]

The CLUBS attack Pusan. Kill three spears and raze the city. Capture a stack of workers. That gives a lot more mobility to our forces. Gain 8 workers and 2 trebs.
1st Cav kills 2 LB. Another Arabian Cav is on the way in.
Stack armies and units for healing and protection.

IBT – The Koreans want to talk about the mess we are making. Refuse.
Dang, miss a riot at Persepolis. How did that happen?
Dutch complete Shakespeare at the Hague.
Arabian 4/4 cav is flawlessly driven off by a musket. Really? And one killed an army?

Turn 245 [1275AD]

Battle for Kaesong – artillery softens up the 3 spear defenders. CIA kills 1 spear & 1 LB flawlessly.
6/6 AC vs Arabian 1/4 Cav – win, -1hp.
5/5 cav vs Korean 1/3 LB – flawless win.

There will be water in the core in 3t, swap a few cav builds to aquas.

IBT – The Netherlands lose 2 caravels attacking the same galleon and it promotes to vet, -1hp.
Korea drops two LB by our eastern sea route.
Arabia drops 3 cavalry in the same area.

Turn 246 [1280AD]

5/5 Immortal vs 3/3 LB – win, -2hp.
4/4 cav vs 2/4 cav – win, -1hp.
4/4 cav vs 2/4 cav – win, -1hp, promote elite.
4/4 cav vs 2/4 cav – win, -1hp.
4/4 cav vs 3/3 LB – win, -1hp, promote elite.

Landing party eliminated.

All spears in Kaesong are redlined. CIA kills two spears.

Found D-Day (city) on 2nd Island to serve as a landing port. Disband a slave & rush walls.

Send time healing and consolidating forces.

IBT – ships move, Arabia has 2 frigates moving along our weak northern lands. Korea and Dutch are going to try to land more units in a few turns in the same killing zone in eastern lands. Rails pretty much make any invasion doomed now.

Turn 247 [1285AD]

Walls build at D-Day, start barracks. Disband a worker and rush barracks for 152gp.

Spears are redlined in Kaesong again. 4/4 cav vs 1/3 spear – win -1hp. 4/4 cav vs 1/3 spear – flawless win. Raze city & claim 117gp & 3 slaves.

IBT – ships shuffle around. Korean ship retreats after being pinged by the nearby frigate.
Arabia advances a musket & LB. Okay???

Turn 248 [1290AD]

Learn Electricity. Start RP. Due in 10t @ -9gpt.
D-Day Barracks build. Start Harbor. Disband worker. Rush Harbor for 232gp.

Trebs knock both musket & LB to redline. 5/5 Immortal vs 1/3 musket – flawless win. 5/5 cav vs 1/3 LB – win, -1hp.

IBT – Ships move, Arabia land a few cavs on our southern island.
Arabian Cav retreats against 5/5 musket.

Turn 249 [1295AD]

D-Day harbor builds.

4/4 cav vs Arabian 4/4 Cav invader – win -1hp.
4/4 cav vs Arabian 3/4 Cav invader – flawless win.
Invasion destroyed.

4/5 cav vs 1/4 Arabian Cav – flawless win.
6/6 AC vs 3/3 LB – flawless win. Capture settle=>two slaves.
5/5 Immortal vs 1/3 spear – win, -1hp. 4/4 cav vs 1/3 LB – flawless win.

IBT – We are contacted by the Greek. Well hello! The Greek do not know education and offers PP. We DOW on him for offering such a horrible tech trade. Note that Greece only has 7 cities and no salt.

IBT - zzz

Turn 250 [1300AD]

Advance on Inch’on. 4/4 cav vs 3/3 spear – win, -1hp. 4/4 cav vs 3/3 spear – flawless win. Raze city, pick up 58gp & 2 slaves.

The CLUBS kill a Arabian Cav & Korean spear. Capture settler=>2 slaves. 4/4 cav vs 4/4 LB – flawless win.

Civilian units:[/U]
Settler 4
Workers 42
Slaves Many

Military units:
Archers 1
Spears 15
Horsemen 1
Pikemen 8
Longbows 2
Musketmen 2
Cavalry 33
Immortals 34
Cannon 29
Galley 1
Frigate 3
Galleon 20
Army 3 (1 immortals, 2 cavalry)
Ancient Cavalry 2

Unit Support:
Total Units: 194
Allowed Units: 200
Support Cost: 6 gpt

Enemies/Hit list:
Aztecs=>Strong compared to
Arabia=>Average compared to
Korea=>Strong compared to
Nethermans=>Strong compared to
Greece=>Strong compared to
America=>Eliminated
Carthage=>Eliminated

Victory
Persian % of World Area: 37
Persian % of World Population: 43

Research: Replaceable Parts, 7 turns -17 gpt, 2269 in the bank.

Attachments

• RSG3 1300AD.SAV
    272.8 KB · Views: 173
Overseer that makes you 'it'! I'm wondering if this game will make it to my next turn! :sad:

Roster
Elephantium (on deck)
CKS (warming up)
Toxicman007
Raliuven (just played)
TheOverseer714 (Playing)

Hopefully, I can start play before the weekend, but no guarantees. This is close to being a knockout, so it may not get back to you.

Go ahead and play, my holiday weekend turned out busier than expected and
i have barely even messed with the save. I got my taxes done, at least...

Midset report:

Pre-turn: Change Tyre from 'duct to Cav. She's not going to grow enough to make the 'duct worth it.

Ditto in Cadiz.

eA-Cav kills Korean LB. 1-0

IBT:

Korean LB kills one of our Cavs 1-1
Arabia lands a settler pair on our continent.
Dutch land a Crusader next to D-Day.

Turn 1 - Lose eCav to redlined Crusader, then kill with A-Cav. 2-2
Cav kills LB 3-2
Cav kills Spear, enslaves Settler 4-2

IBT:

Arab Cav kills a Musket and captures two slaves. 4-3

Turn 2
-
eACav kills the Arabian Cav from the prior turn 5-3
Lose a Cav killing an Arabian Cav guarding a Settler 6-4.
1st Cav Army kills two Arabian Cavs and two Arabian LBs 10-4

Namp'o:
Cyrus' Immortal Army kills Spear 11-4
Cyrus' Immortal Army kills Spear 12-4
Cav kills rSpear 13-4 and razes the city.

Cav kills an LB in the open. 14-4

IBT:

Korean LB forces one of our scouting Cavs to retreat.
Arab Warrior suicides on the Cav. 15-4
Arab Cav finishes him off :( 15-5

Turn 3 -
Cav retreats from Rifle at Merw, the Arab city on our land.
Two eCavs and one vCav retreat from a Rifle at Balkh, S of D-Day.
Another vCav finally kills the Rifle and razes the city. 16-5

Top Bottom