HOF/Buffy mod installation problems for Windows 7

pandamancer

Prince
Hi there

I wanted to try out the Hof/Buffy mod. So I downloaded the .exe file and installed the mod to my existing BTS folder. It turns out that I am experiencing the following problem:

Warning: The HOF Mod will be unable to save settings. Games played will NOT be valid for submission to the CivFanatics 'Hall of Fame' (HOF) or 'Game of the Month' (xOTM) competitions. Please use an user account with admin access. (Vista users, please check the HOF Mod web page for fixes related to Vista.)

Ok, I believe I am not the first one experiencing this problem. I tried to look for the Vista/Win7 fixes here:

http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=vista

I did the steps indicated but still no avail. What I can say with my current setup is that I am using Win7 32 bit; Civ4 and BTS installed in F directory. So any help guys?

Thanks!

You need to go the .exe file for BTS (the actual exe, not the shortcut). Right click it. Turn on the "Run as Administrator" or similar wording. If you don't see that choice, choose Properties. The option will be there instead. The message that you are getting means that the game itself needs Admin privileges to make changes in itself.

Top Bottom