future tech not working

ilandman11

Chieftain
:confused: hey guys i was playing th scenario beta centuri and i noticed that as i got th tech "future tech" it first said 11 turns ...then when tht was finished it said "its gonna take us some time to figure this out" then it said 70 turns so im waitign and waiting and all my citys are on scince then a great scientis appears whne i hav 18 turns left i use him to rush it but then i chck it and it says 33 turn?!?! so finially! i get to 1 turn . then i look at it again aftr tht turn and it said 28 mor turns...WTF?!? (i proceeded to sav th game and lave it at tht point):mad:

(this is for xbox 360 civ rev )

Future tech isnt a real tech, just something that you can waste science on after you have researched everything. If you research a tech it has some pics next to it showing you what it enables you to build etc. Future tech is nothing.
However, not actually certain about this because i think i remember someone saying that it increases the production in towns. But i always change my cities to gold production when i hit future tech and so i probly will never check it out.

Future tech doesn't unlock any new units or buildings or wonder or really anything much. It increases production, food, and something else I think as you research it more. Personally, if you are to the point where you are researching future tech, it's probably worth it more to change all your science cities to gold or production cities.

Future tech doesn't unlock any new units or buildings or wonder or really anything much. It increases production, food, and something else I think as you research it more. Personally, if you are to the point where you are researching future tech, it's probably worth it more to change all your science cities to gold or production cities.

yea i also heard from someone les on xbox liv tht he reserched it andd nuthing happend so yea illl do like you guys said and just eventually change to gold

Yea, Future Tech doesn't do anything but it does have a process. The first time you discover it any region that yields production will increase by 1. The second time you discover it any region that yields food will be increased by 1. The third time you discover it any region that yields trade will be increased by 1. After that the process starts over again.

I'm playing the scenario Beta Centauri (where you start with all technologies already researched). I have all my cities producing gold instead of science instead of researching future technology. The funny thing is I've researched future tech about 7 times (2 or 3 great scientists, and I discovered Atlantis which researched future tech over and over).

It sure is nice to see those forests around my city producing 4 hammers.

Top Bottom