To those with d3dx9_32.dll problems

I am running Vista 64 bit and I have directX 10 installed on my computer, but it gives me the error D3DX9_32.DLL and I have located that app but it just does not reconize it. I have tried to download directX 9 and it does not work. Need help!!

I tried to download it from microsoft.com and it tells me that another program is running DirectX and you need to close that program before you can install. I have had everything closed even all my anitviruses and firewalls and still not luck.

I am not to sure which one I tried I just clicked on the download button and ran the program, not save it. I am not sure if that is what you are looking for from your question.

yeah that is the guy I used and it just won't work for some reason, and all the other sites I have visited there downloadable ones do not support vista 64 bit.

I had the same problem and after about four tries it finally worked.

This is the link you want to get: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en

thanks to ainwood for giving the original link. It should do the trick, did for me....finally :mad:

all execpt the "it worked" part is exactly what i did
i have tired at least 15 times to install DirectX from the link above and from the civilization IV disk itself when i try from the microsoft website (the link above) i get a message that says: "Setup could not download the file. Please try again later or check network connection." My network connection is fine by the way. And if I try it off the disk itself it says it copys the files and then says: "The components installed are now ready for use." But when I run Civilization IV I still get the "civilization 4 unable to locate component" message. Please help me!!

Try searching for d3dx9_ on your hard drive you should get a list of dll-files.
Take the one with the highest number in it like d3dx9_31.dll and make a copy of it in the same directory it is in. Then rename it to d3dx9_32.dll.
Then try to run the game. You use an older version of directx but i don't think that is a problem.
Let us know if it works

Thanks A Bunch!!! All the technical stuff uptop didn't work, but the simple renameing of the file worked!!! Thanks a lot! I'm just stunned it was as simple as that!
:thumbsup::goodjob:

I have installed Civ IV, base game. Now when I d/l directx9.0c, do I install it, run it, what do I do. I just bought a new computer and it has VISTA and have been having all kinds of problems listed in the forum. The main thing is I am unsure of what to do with the directx file once i have d/l it. I know this this makes me sound like I am from the stoneages, but oh well. I just dont like screwing with the software, as I always think I am going to mess the computer up.

just download and run the below and it will take care of everything - then patch the game to 1.61 and then download it to 1.74 (you can get both patches from here) and you should be good to go.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en

also: on vista it is advisable to run the installer and patches as administrator (i.e. rightclick on it and choose run as administrator).

Welcome to CFC :band:

i succesfully installed d3dx9_32.dll and it begins to load, but then asks to insert the correct dosc, even though it is already in. i am running vista, please help.

i bought civ iv in '05 and could not run it on my pc, i loaded this civ on a new pc in 1/09 then loaded patch 1.74 and had the dark map and disjointed leaders so i reloaded patch 1.61 and 1.74 and now am receiving the d3dx9_32.dll message. i posted my dxdiag file on the map trouble thread. should i just bite the bullet and buy a new civ iv version?:dunno::dunno::confused:

Top Bottom