Prerequisites Electronics AND Microprocessor AND Globalization
Enables Plastic Electronics AND Nanotechnology AND Virtual Reality

Digital Art (x76)

Prerequistes Pop Art AND Computer Networks AND 3D modeling

Space Telescopes (x74)

Prerequistes Astro-Environmental Systems AND Supersonic Flight AND Robotics
Enables Astrogeology Planetary Exploration AND Astrobiology

double post

I have a Tech Tree with about 100+ new Techs for the Transhuman and Galactic Era organized with the current Techs included. feel Free to look at it and hopefully some of them might inspire you.

Download it below

Here are two more ideas I had for new technologies. One is Calculus; we have just about every other stage of mathematics at this point. The other is Criminology. I was thinking that Police Station and Alcatraz don't fit perfectly with the technologies that we currently have listed for them.

Calculus (Renaissance Era)
Req Techs: Algebra
Cost: 1700
Leads to: Economics, Physics
Bonuses: +2 science from Mathematics Academy, +2 science from Observatory

Criminology (Industrial Era)
Req Techs: Psychology
Cost 5500
Leads to: ??? (don't know)
Allows: Police Station, Police Academy, Alcatraz
Bonuses: +1 gold (offsets upkeep) and +5 espionage from Jail

Altered Techs

Economics
Req Techs: Mercantilism AND (Algebra OR Calculus)
If you take the time to research Calculus, you'll get Economics faster.

Physics
Req Techs: Acoustics AND Astronomy AND Calculus

Criminology (Industrial Era)
Req Techs: Psychology
Cost 5500
Leads to: ??? (don't know)
Allows: Police Station, Police Academy, Alcatraz
Bonuses: +1 gold (offsets upkeep) and +5 espionage from Jail

So basically everything at Marxism gets moved to Criminology including the Police Squad, Police Dog, Police Dog Trainer and Electric Chair? It should probably require Marxism too if we are moving all those back a few techs.

So basically everything at Marxism gets moved to Criminology including the Police Squad, Police Dog, Police Dog Trainer and Electric Chair? It should probably require Marxism too if we are moving all those back a few techs.

Yes, everything except the Marxist civic, the Social Services building, and the obsoleting of the Festival building should get moved to Criminology and then add Marxism as a second prerequisite for Criminology. I wasn't totally sure if Marxism should have been a second prerequisite. Do you happen to know why Police Station was put at Marxism?

Yes, everything except the Marxist civic, the Social Services building, and the obsoleting of the Festival building should get moved to Criminology and then add Marxism as a second prerequisite for Criminology. I wasn't totally sure if Marxism should have been a second prerequisite. Do you happen to know why Police Station was put at Marxism?

You would have to ask Zappra or Afforess. It has been in since RoM/AND.

I don't see the Police Station at all in regular BTS, just the Jail. I was just curious - it seems like Marxism may have just been the nearest available technology, or Police Station leads into Intelligence Agency.

Yeh. Marxism -> Intelligence agency seems fine. Marxism -> police station not so much. (Marxism -> secret police station maybe ;))

Well take out around 3 or 4 since there is the promotion tech and couple hidden techs.

We are bound to add more to the tree based on what people have posted in this thread plus the Galactic Era will most likely get more once we start filling it in with stuff.

I could see us getting to 600+ in the not so distant future.

I only count 21 rows and 25 columns. 25 * 21 = 525. -1 empty slot is 524. So we're not at 600 yet, but we could easily get there. I have 520 techs in my tech tree spreadsheet now, which matches up.

revised below

Social networks increase production, not in my experience. ;)

When it comes to the pre-historic tech tree, is it going to change much for the nomad start or stay as it is? If it's the latter then I feel that having hunting and hunters so early in the tech tree is a little strange. At the moment, it makes sense to beeline hunting and get the powerful hunter unit, instead of wading through the many techs that lead to stone axemen and spearsmen. Indeed I will get hunters well before even slingers. So for quite a long time, hunters are used as the main offensive units by both player and AI.

I would suggest moving hunters back in the tech tree, and maybe one or two more units that are not cultural ones to complement the clubmen/stone thrower/slinger.

I only count 21 rows and 25 columns. 25 * 21 = 525. -1 empty slot is 524. So we're not at 600 yet, but we could easily get there. I have 520 techs in my tech tree spreadsheet now, which matches up.

thx, my bad:blush: fixed.

Top Bottom