New Screenshots

Marble exist out there as well.
Some tiles are made up of triangles in the screenshots. Don`t mean much, proberbly.

I think that's actually the fog of war

I hope they make an actual expansion to this like SMAC and give it a Final Frontier 2 mod. Because hexagons are very good to make into spheres and it'd be fun to play a 2D game of Final Frontier on a 3D sphere.

Or just Final Frontier 2 so that we can go to space again.

Art comes pretty late in the development cycle, though. After all, artwork itself is relatively uncritical for most concepts (it should rarely cause bugs, has no influence on bugs, does not matter for playtesting and QA, it is specified once all other things are done).

I love it when I read stuff in a thread and build up a reply in my head just to see that its already been answered :)

People please keep in mind that all the art is subject to change. Its a lot easier for the devs to use existing art to test out concepts, then fill in the art at the end when they are satisfied with the mechanics.

Uranium? Oh. :sad: for a second I thought I saw Tiberium. And then I thought I saw Vespian gas. I'm loosing my mind in anticipation.

Definitely some place holders there. It vey much sounds like the game is still in alpha. Till now I'm digging the craters and canyons. Hope it's more than just window dressing.

The last screenshot displays Habitation with 5 icons attached to it. Would this perhaps be something you start with like Agriculture in Civ5. Colonist selected at the bottom.

The last screenshot displays Habitation with 5 icons attached to it. Would this perhaps be something you start with like Agriculture in Civ5. Colonist selected at the bottom.

Well spotted! What are the symbols? Are they game options or effects of the tech? One is a 'no gearwheels', one is maybe a field hospital? (a tent with a cross), one look like the top of a samurai helmet but i guess it is a rocket or a machine?, the first could be a bulldozer.

Also what are the symbol in the top right, seven hexes and a eye, is it a tech web or a social engineering?

Thr UI is obvious ugly place holders.

It seems like a non aggressive posture if we assume the aliens have hive mind communications of sort. The bottom troop seems more aligned with a bunch of crabs suggesting Firaxis stance on advertising a non-suggestive picture that simply highlights alien cohesion?

i guessed the tent with a cross is just the ability to heal per turn. remember that harmony techs allow better healing

Top Bottom