Weekend Specials Online

The Freedom Force games debuted on Steam. Was a pretty good buy to toy with the game a while, though it gets a little old by the time I'm pratically done with "vs. the 3rd Reich"

Empire: Total War is 50% off on steam. I'm still not going to buy it though, have they even fixed implemented core features such as naval invasions yet?

Plus I'm NOT going to download the massive friggin' game of 15+ gigs.

Empire: Total War is 50% off on steam. I'm still not going to buy it though, have they even fixed implemented core features such as naval invasions yet?

Plus I'm NOT going to download the massive friggin' game of 15+ gigs.

I haven't played in a while... I should have waited but I wasn't aware of this company's practices really. I like the game enough, I don't know why I don't play it. Note that I haven't played any of the other Total War games so... uh... Anyway, I think there has been another important patch lately, it described naval invasions becoming more common, but "they're still working on it" or something. They did fix a lot of gameplay balancing issues and the next patch will include some new units to increase flavour. It's probably worth 25$, unless you want to wait 'til a new Total War game comes out. I'm guessing the game won't sell for much less than 25$ before a new game is announced.

I don't care if it's the newest or not, and they won't be announcing the next one for a couple of years. They aren't close to finishing Empires and still have at least 1 expansion to do!

I don't care if it's the newest or not, and they won't be announcing the next one for a couple of years. They aren't close to finishing Empires and still have at least 1 expansion to do!

Yeah, maybe there will be a price drop with the first expansion, although then you have to get the expansion too, hehe. Especially if the mods upgrade to the expansion. Do they usually keep a vanilla version of mods? Aaaaanyway.

They do, and there are still the mods for vanilla, but if a mod's devs move onto the expansion with the mod then the vanilla is not updated.

Also they will release a gold edition with vanilla + expansion.

I'm so tempted by some of the Novalogic games just released and on offer. I loved the original Delta Force - I had no idea what I was doing, but I loved it. Similar feelings to F22 Lightning - I can never be done with modern combat flight sims because of this game, but I got to drop nukes! Ooh! And Tachyon, with Bruce Campbell!

I could positively squee.

Problem with novalogic is they tend to re-release the same games with new titles and nearly identical graphics. Though, Joint Operations was one of my favorite multiplayer games for a couple of years, especially modded with the International Conflict mod.

I got Typhoon Rising (Joint Ops) from a friend, it had some nice gameplay mechanics, but I could not play as an infantry man, using the guns and moving on foot was a pain in the bottom. Mostly I ferried people via helicopter or tried to use vehichles. I really liked that you still got points for giving people a ride and wish every fps game included that.

Problem with novalogic is they tend to re-release the same games with new titles and nearly identical graphics. Though, Joint Operations was one of my favorite multiplayer games for a couple of years, especially modded with the International Conflict mod.

I noticed that with Delta Force 2. I don't think I've ever owned one of the sequels, so I'll remember that.

To be fair, I can't ever see me purchasing anything called Delta Force XTREME anyway, unless it happened to be an extremely tongue-in-cheek game :p

I noticed that with Delta Force 2. I don't think I've ever owned one of the sequels, so I'll remember that.

To be fair, I can't ever see me purchasing anything called Delta Force XTREME anyway, unless it happened to be an extremely tongue-in-cheek game :p

Or even DF Xtreme-part deux.

They have a supposedly have a completely new project in the works called Angel Falls. Might be good.

Gamersgate has the complete Sword of the Stars (rts-like and Masters of Orion like space 4X game) for under $20 (about 50-75% off). Very decent price (ok game, though not my bag).

Steam has Xenoclash for only $10 (50% off). An odd martial arts game, with and odder story line, in HL2 engine. With new added levels also. Check out the demo.

Messiah was pretty good, although it does get a little iffy when you have spiders the size of wolves jumping onto your face and wiggling their mandibles in an attempt to taste your eye juices

but that may just be my fear of spiders speaking

Messiah is worth it. I've never heard of Xenoclash, but Zenoclash was pretty cool. The fighting had a good feeling to it and the graphics were definitely better than HL2s, the story was interesting and entertainingly wacky.

Zeno = Xeno. Sorry typo.

Fallout 3 is half-price this weekend on Steam.

Top Bottom