CivFanatics and the beta

Closed Beta is not under NDA, so you guys can talk about it all you want. :)

Also, everyone who signed up via the Civ Fanatics team yesterday or before should have received an invite when Closed Beta launched earlier today. If you haven't, wait a day or two to see if the email comes in and then let me know if you never get it.

Well then I should get one in a day or two! The game looks pretty interesting right now.

@2k Greg, this means we can discuss here openly about the beta test?

Signed up as Scott Harris. I am pretty sure I signed up for the alpha a long, long time ago but hopefully the Civ Fanatics association will get that invite triggered.

Anyone knows how long after signing on we receive the email invitation and will be able to log in?
Cheers!

Got the email.

Taking a deep breath....and diving in.

I signed up about 10 hours ago, but maybe I signed up too late? I don't see an email in my inbox. =|

Can't connect to server....duh

Heheh, I got in during the first wave.

All hail Britannia!

I got this email:
Thank you for signing up to participate in the Sid Meier’s Civilization World Closed Alpha! While the Alpha test was not large enough to accommodate all the enthusiastic players who signed up, we want you and your fellow Alpha signups -- our most dedicated fans -- to be the first to join the Civilization World Closed Beta!
The Closed Beta is currently live, and you are already on the list!
:king:

Will there be a thread for the Civ Fanatics team also?

I got the e-mail. When I try to join, I get server busy, try again later. So all of you need to stop trying to login so that I can. OK? That's not too much to ask, is it? :lol:

ok got the email, playing the game (initial reaction, it seems pretty good ... looking like i might be eating my words)

are we going to create a civfanatic nation? is this how this works? or do we just join one of the other nations?

Another screenshot

One of the earliest "quests" requires you to use a "civbuck". It states clearly that you do not have to do the quest and that you may skip it if you choose not to use civbucks.

There are lots of buttons throughout the game which when you press directly take you to the page to purchase more civbucks, as screenshotted above. e.g. In the throne room, there is a button "Obtain 10 gems".

It remains to be seen if they are necessary to compete. There is a limit on how many you can spend per day, which translates to 1000 production, because production is by far the most valuable traded resource, and each buck = 100 production, as far as I can tell. It definitely helps (obviously), but I'm pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to do very well, at least so far (and in a limited beta), without using them. Heck, I've got 20,000 gold -.- so it can't be essential. If its possible to play for free and not be frustrated by an insane disadvantage, that will probably make this more attractive to the facebook-going type.

EDIT: When I first saw the buying screen, I nearly quit the game for good. The limit they've placed on using these makes me cautiously optimistic. It's actually smart business practice, as it gets people buying small amounts constantly, I'd guess.

Top Bottom