Stellaris

grandad1982

Deity
I don't know if you guys have been following Stellaris (DDs here and videos here) but I have and I'm pretty exited about the combo of a space 4X and a PDX grand strategy game.

I particularly like that they say that by the end of the game you won't have settled every planet there is.

If you like to preorder then GreenmanGaming has the base game for £29.99 (Steam is £34.99) and when you ad the 20% off voucher they always have its £24 so a good saving.

I am looking to it! :D

Hmm... what should I start off as? Ants? Boring old humans? The friendly Blorg?

Whatever the case tis is going to be good! :D

I'm certainly starting off as bird people.

Bird people for me to! Going to soar among the stars and then eat some helpless prey. I'm terrible at names though so that but might require some thought or at least a random word generator.

How about the ushag, Manx for bird? Or shawk, Manx for hawk? Or the urley, Manx for eagle?

The Imperial Eagle in Manx is Yn Urley Impiroil.

Yeah it'll be broken on release

CK2 and EU4 weren't broken at release. There was definite balance issues (Personal Unions in the original patch of EU4 were just silly) but the games themselves were solid and ran fine.

I think in my first game of Stellaris I will try to be an alliance and federation builder. I wonder if I can get my any of my friends to buy a copy so I can pay some MP with them....

I agree with grandad1982, EU4 wasn't broken at release (didn't play CKII at release). I don't recall encountering a serious noteworthy bug in the initial 1.1 version; not saying there weren't any, but I don't think there were any showstoppers, and the game ran quite smoothly.

I may pick up Stellaris early on since EU4 was a solid buy at release. And with Steam Refunds, it's a lot less risky to buy on Day 2, since if there are major issues you can refund. The cost is reasonable as well, and sure, if it's anywhere near as good as EU4 I'll easily spend double that on expansions, but I'll also play it enough that it will still be excellent entertainment value.

It won't be Total War broken, but it's still not gonna be as fun as it will be by the time the first sale hits.

Hey guys,

This is not really Beyond Earth but I thought some of you might be interested in this anyway. There is a new game coming from Paradox Interactive called Stellaris and I made a Let's Play for it on YouTube.

Link to video.

I think you might enjoy it!

In anticipation of Stellaris, I've been playing a Civ 5 game and once the space victory is accomplish, I'll create a civ in Stellaris based off the civilization I was playing earlier. I did this before with Beyond Earth but I wasn't eager to play that again.

In anticipation of Stellaris, I've been playing a Civ 5 game and once the space victory is accomplish, I'll create a civ in Stellaris based off the civilization I was playing earlier. I did this before with Beyond Earth but I wasn't eager to play that again.

Which Civ are you playing? Which civics your taking? Will the Blorg befriend you?

Still a bit more than a day to go. When will this torture end? ~.~"

Top Bottom