Stellaris

*drool on his keyboard*

Which Civ are you playing? Which civics your taking? Will the Blorg befriend you?

Currently playing as the Shoshone with Liberty, Honor, Aesthetics with plans of Exploration if Ideology doesn't kick in to which I'd select Order. Once I hit Stellaris, I'll become the Sogopenee League which is supposedly a plural Shoshone word for Earth/Land with the ethoses of Xenophile, Spiritualist, and Individualist as a Theocratic Republic considering I've been converting heavily in Civ 5. Positive traits are Natural Engineers (Been building tile improvements like crazy), Nomadic (Expanding quickly), Quick Learners (Most advanced civ) with Negative traits being Solitary.

The following is my summary according to http://kaisersly.github.io/stellaris_race_maker/;

+10% Energy credits
+15% Engineering output
+5% Ethics divergence
Happiness
+25% Leader experience gain
-50% Migration time
-50% Slavery tolerance
-10% Xenophobia

I look forward to heeding your tale as you expand into space. :)

Be sure to screen-shot your first contact with the Blorg. :D

Now: who am I going to start off as?

I've laid my money down...in violation of my vow to never, ever pre-order a game again.

Edit: Steam has been downloading updates to other games of mine this whole :gripe: day.

Launching today! I'm so pumped. Planning to play multiplayer with a buddy.

Some of the reviews have been a bit negative about the game. It sounds like the initial portion of the game is a lot of fun but then it slows down and gets grindy which isn't necessarily a surprise as you could say the same of other paradox games and most strategy games in general. I find this is mitigated in EU by aiming for achievements or just to dominate a certain region of the world which might be a bit harder in a galaxy without terrain borders.

Will most likely still buy it this week though as I really enjoyed playing Birth of the Federation and Stars so I imagine I'll like it regardless.

The reviews I've seen are mostly positive, but the performance seems to be terrible with a second long imput lag after a few hours.
I think I wait until it's patched.

Just waiting the last 15 mins of my stupid slow download. Read some reviews and to be honest I'm not surprised by the criticism of the games current diplomatic game or that the game slows down dramatically in the mid game. The former I expected due to the dev diaries and I expect diplomacy and trade to be the focus of patches and dlc (really hoping for more varied CBs as time goes by), the latter is just how most PDX games go with the slow grind :dunno:

Here's hoping that my new PC won't have to many lag issues before they patch them out!

Come on stupid rural broadband.....

are there really CBs in a space game

I've been watching a lot of gameplay videos of this lately and it looks great. Also, Paradox (the Stellaris team anyway) seems like a really cool company, I had fun watching them play... I think I'm a fanboy of them now too, haha.

One thing that I really like is how it seems to have elements of Civ in it. Reviews have confirmed this by saying that it's a hybrid of Paradox grand strategy 4X and 4X of other games, like Civ. So, it's more accessible and easier to jump into than their past, historical grand strategy games. I usually prefer tighter, more streamlined design without sacrificing depth. I purchased EU4 in the past; maybe I never gave it enough of a chance but I quickly stopped playing it because I didn't want take the time to learn it all (and I like random maps -- playing the same, realistic Earth map seemed dull to me).

Stellaris looks like another solid title I can add to my very selective collection that I play regularly. Plus, it'll probably get loads of DLC to expand upon it like other Paradox titles. Without the design-shackles of history, I'm excited to see all the things that they come up with!

Is it turn based or RTS disguised as 4x like sins of a solar empire?

It's real time with pause like every Paradox game.

Has anyone here played it ?
I have only seen part of the Blorg, Space Friends videos and it looked very interesting and relatively easy to learn, but there might be too much randomness for my liking.

Has anyone here played it ?

Coming soon. :scan:

My wondrous 3rd-world ISP crashes every evening, runs very slowly during the night, crashes every dawn, and then run regular during the day. :crazyeye: So, I turned my computer off when I went to be last night.

It's now 4:30 in the morning here. I turned on my computer and began the installation process for Stellaris. The installation time is estimated to be 4.5 hours, but that will shorten remarkably once the sun comes up. :cool:

I plan to play first in a small/few-opponents galaxy, that way avoiding the slow midgame some are complaining about. Also, I'll be learning the game, so I'll keep it simple. Maybe just go for a military government and try a quick blitzkrieg.

I've played it for one hour and a half now. The early game is really fun so far. There is an air of mystery about the whole thing and all the anomalies and the empire customization is really engaging. You will really care about your civ.

The game's tutorial is also excellent. You're dropped instantly into it and explained everything as you play. Also it's a cute robot talking to you with a bit of humor. Have to say it's probably the best tutorial I've ever tried myself (although there's a lot of stuff, so pay attention!) which is saying a lot when it's a Paradox game. They really upped their stuff, and I want to commend them for it.

I have been playing as space dodos/parrots: the Ushag.

Due to the amount of screenshots I am to share with you via two Tumblr posts: part one and part two.

Overall a experience of awe.

The reviews I've seen are mostly positive, but the performance seems to be terrible with a second long imput lag after a few hours.
I think I wait until it's patched.

I've played a good three hours on a pretty low spec laptop and the performance has been rock solid.

I've played a good three hours on a pretty low spec laptop and the performance has been rock solid.

:eek: That is fantastical news! :woohoo: Because of my bad back, I prefer to eschew my desktop and play games on my laptop while it rests on my tummy. I had assumed the graphics of Stellaris were too complex for my laptop. Not so, says johnhughthom.

I'll have to download the game over WiFi, which will take a day or two. The worst that can happen is that the game won't work, which will leave me no worse off than I am right now. :)

Top Bottom